Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey - 2018 Off-Season - Hope or Despair?

Ugh, just about the worst time that this game could have been scheduled for...who wants to go to Chicago for a Sunday night game?!? Sunday afternoon, sure...but not a night game. I guess we'll have to see what the actual game time is.

'Hawks play at 11:30 AM, so that could open up an NHL/NCAA double-header for those that want to spend the whole day in/near the UC. I wonder what the minimum turn-around time is?

Last year the Mrs and I did a nice weekend in Chicago. Might look at just the bus down and back this time depending on the actual game time.

On top of that, Jan 20 is the date for the AFC and NFC championship games. I'm not counting on GB making it that far, but there is always a chance...

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      University of Victoria was here a few years ago for another season-opening exhibition. I can't find any articles that support this right now, but I recall reading/hearing that for one reason or another the players had to chip in for their own travel expenses.

If what I am seeing online is right, they are a club team at the university, they aren't even a school-sponsored varsity team...
      That was true and Im sure it still is. They had to pay for a portion of their ticket. I remember talking to a dad of one of the players. People and businesses actually help "sponsor" a player (shoulder and pants patches)and of course there's the Zamboni and dasher board advertising. They should put jars in the KC concourse to help the boys out!
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

Ugh, just about the worst time that this game could have been scheduled for...who wants to go to Chicago for a Sunday night game?!? Sunday afternoon, sure...but not a night game. I guess we'll have to see what the actual game time is.

'Hawks play at 11:30 AM, so that could open up an NHL/NCAA double-header for those that want to spend the whole day in/near the UC. I wonder what the minimum turn-around time is?

Last year the Mrs and I did a nice weekend in Chicago. Might look at just the bus down and back this time depending on the actual game time.

On top of that, Jan 20 is the date for the AFC and NFC championship games. I'm not counting on GB making it that far, but there is always a chance...
        I went to the game last year on the WHB bus. Had a blast. Possibly Sunday NIGHT.... Who's the ****ing genius?
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          BUT, if the parking is 10 or 15 that would SUCK. I wonder if lot 91 will be open to general parking, otherwise the leaches that run regent street will be gathering coin for their slum lords.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            That was true and Im sure it still is. They had to pay for a portion of their ticket. I remember talking to a dad of one of the players. People and businesses actually help "sponsor" a player (shoulder and pants patches)and of course there's the Zamboni and dasher board advertising. They should put jars in the KC concourse to help the boys out!
            I was told that UVic will be getting a guarantee payment for their trip here. I have no idea how much it is, or how much of the travel expenses it covers.

Commercial flights from Victoria, BC to Madison run around $800 per ticket and connect through 2 other airports!

I did some looking and came across this website:
            https://www.vikeshockey.com/product-category/donate/
            I would love to see a few hundred UW hockey fans each kick in a few bucks. Show them that we appreciate the team making the trip to Madison to get their tails kicked.
            There is even an "order notes" field on the checkout page. Make sure that you tell them why you are donating.
            Be warned that the amount you enter on the web page will be C$. My $10 donation only balanced out to US$8. I canceled that and bumped it up to $15 and that came out to like US$12.

I'd love to see a flood of support going to this team. Let's make it happen Badger fans!

Comment

Shhhh.... Don't tell anyone....

2006 Semifinal vs. Maine (720p)
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJ15k3C8_Y

2006 Final vs. BC (720p)
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLkMceXzu4

We'll see you at the KK!
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

2006 Final vs. BC (720p)

We'll see you at the KK!
                Gary Thorn, miss that guy. What a treat.

Comment

2006 Final vs. BC (720p)

We'll see you at the KK!
                  Love all the room behind the nets.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Gary Thorn, miss that guy. What a treat.
                    I've had these for ages. Just never thought of a good way to share them. Hopefully they'll stay out on Youtube long enough for fans to enjoy them.

Comment

2006 Final vs. BC (720p)

We'll see you at the KK!
                      Goal! Burish off the bear!

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        I've had these for ages. Just never thought of a good way to share them. Hopefully they'll stay out on Youtube long enough for fans to enjoy them.
                        I have them on dvd. I’m hoping to find more like the 92 FF on dvd and 1990 FF as well.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          I have them on dvd. I’m hoping to find more like the 92 FF on dvd and 1990 FF as well.
                          I don't have '92 but I think I have '90 somewhere.

Also, the 2006 stuff still looks sharp in HD. Not 1080, but pretty good.

Comment

Badgers picked to finish 6th this season in the Big Ten hockey poll.

Comment

Badgers picked to finish 6th this season in the Big Ten hockey poll.

I think we have to be better than 6th of 7, but shows the conference has made progress while we seem to be spinning our wheels. Progress needs to be made this year!
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

The USCHO preseason poll is out and while it is frequently way off the mark, numbers 2,3,4,13,16 are comprised of the first five teams in the B1G poll.

The point being that this is going to be a very tough conference this year. I think the Badgers are going to be a pretty good team, but I'm not sure what that will mean in terms of results by year's end. Could possibly be a legitimate top 16 team but perhaps still have a very mediocre/poor record by virtue of potentially playing 26-28 of 34 games against tourney qualifiers. It's going to be a real grind, every week, all year.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X