NCAA Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Championship

Poor Northeastern. They beat UW and BC and yet no one gives them a chance. Must not be any NE fans on the board.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
      I do not agree with the fact that they have the easiest path. I think Mercyhurst gives them a good game today. I expect this one to be close with possibly an ENG at the end.
      I smell an upset. Mercyhurst is dangerous moreso with the return of their Finish players. Clarkson will have to bring their A game.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
        I smell an upset. Mercyhurst is dangerous moreso with the return of their Finish players. Clarkson will have to bring their A game.
        If BC and Mercyhurst both win I will do a lap at full sprint around Conte Forum.

But Mercyhurst isn't winning today
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          After much deliberation I'm voting for Clarkson, figuring
          (a) They arguably have the easiest path to get to the Frozen Four
          Assuming form holds today, the SF game v BC gives me gas.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

But Mercyhurst isn't winning today
            That’s what you said the last time BC and Mercyhurst played each other. ;-)

Thanks for the good luck. We’ll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              ... but it would appear that this year it's Clarkson's tournament to lose.
              That's the only question I have about Clarkson. We know that the Golden Knights have been great in seasons when people underestimated them, but how will they do when the lights come on and everyone (but homers ) says that they are the favorite? It is a different "something" to have to prove. Have to agree about the bracket as well. The BC half of the bracket is historically a great place for a seeded team to be.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                I do not agree with the fact that they have the easiest path. I think Mercyhurst gives them a good game today. I expect this one to be close with possibly an ENG at the end.
                17th in Pairwise, behind all the other tournament participants, plus Cornell, St. Lawrence, Robert Morris, Providence, Maine, Minnesota Duluth and Connecticut.
                Clarkson definitely has the easiest path to the FF.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                  That's the only question I have about Clarkson. We know that the Golden Knights have been great in seasons when people underestimated them, but how will they do when the lights come on and everyone (but homers ) says that they are the favorite? It is a different "something" to have to prove. Have to agree about the bracket as well. The BC half of the bracket is historically a great place for a seeded team to be.
                  Man ARM, I'm asking that same question too. They have a great team but it's really a tournament full of great teams. Remember just a few years ago when there were 8 teams but only 2-3 really had a shot of winning? Now, there are 6 teams that I can give a legitimate shot to win 3 games and hoist the trophy and the other 2 teams could at least win a game and make it to Ritter.
                  Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                  10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                  5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                  21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                  ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                  ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018, 2019
                  12 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2024
                  National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                    Remember just a few years ago when there were 8 teams but only 2-3 really had a shot of winning? Now, there are 6 teams that I can give a legitimate shot to win 3 games and hoist the trophy and the other 2 teams could at least win a game and make it to Ritter.
                    I see it as being more stratified than you do. Clarkson and Wisconsin both have a very shot, and BC is the wildcard in the mix. I don't know that Colgate can win it all in its first trip. There are reasons why the other four aren't hosting today.

Comment

Originally posted by fireknight View Post
                      man arm, i'm asking that same question too. They have a great team but it's really a tournament full of great teams. Remember just a few years ago when there were 8 teams but only 2-3 really had a shot of winning? Now, there are 6 teams that i can give a legitimate shot to win 3 games and hoist the trophy and the other 2 teams could at least win a game and make it to Ridder.
                      fyp
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                        Man ARM, I'm asking that same question too. They have a great team but it's really a tournament full of great teams. Remember just a few years ago when there were 8 teams but only 2-3 really had a shot of winning? Now, there are 6 teams that I can give a legitimate shot to win 3 games and hoist the trophy and the other 2 teams could at least win a game and make it to Ritter.
                        Ritter is at RIT...
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Thank you. I was hoping someone would pick Northeastern. Upsets do happen, and after all "he" did defeat Man O' War once.
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                            Thank you. I was hoping someone would pick Northeastern.
                            Exactly; somebody has to be correct no matter the outcome. It is kind of depressing to think about if nobody here knows anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Ritter is at RIT...
                              He is? I thought "Tex" and his very funny son had both passed on. Love "High Noon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NREYLREGsv4
                              Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-10-2018, 12:01 PM. Reason: It don't get any better than Coop.
                              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Looks like it's the WCHA vs the ECAC

Wisconsin vs Colgate
                                Clarkson vs The Ohio State
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X