NCAA Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Championship

17 votes! Isn't that the total that voted last year? If the Gophers win, there's going to be a few embarrassed fans in the Twin Cities for not voting for them, including me.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
      17 votes! Isn't that the total that voted last year? If the Gophers win, there's going to be a few embarrassed fans in the Twin Cities for not voting for them, including me.
      I voted my heart. And I think we got a post Pyeongchang bump. Surely there are 19, maybe even 20 active posters here.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        You've been kept in the dark about the BC thread.
        This is a good post well done
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          I voted my heart. And I think we got a post Pyeongchang bump. Surely there are 19, maybe even 20 active posters here.
          I'm waiting.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            ...My heart says BC. My head says Clarkson.
            My thoughts parallel yours. My heart says OSU. My head says Clarkson. Voting my heart.

Clarkson College in Omaha, NE is a nursing school. After we won last year, the LA Times did a blurb that Clarkson College won the women's National Collegiate Championship.
            So CU it is. But what's "CCT?" Is that a college/academic unit within Clarkson University? Or perhaps it reflects a former name for CU?

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
            We're allowed to have some extra posters, particularly at tournament time. But the actual discipleships are capped at 17. My only question: Where can we find a definitive list of the 17 Chosen Ones?

Comment

(Thomas S.)
              Clarkson
              (Memorial)
              College of
              Technology

What we were before the trustees back in the 80s changed the name.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

(Thomas S.)
                Clarkson
                (Memorial)
                College of
                Technology
                Thanks for the instantaneous reply!

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                  Thanks for the instantaneous reply! Original name of the school?
                  For the most part. It might have been slightly different back in the early days (1900's).
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

For the most part. It might have been slightly different back in the early days (1900's).
                    School names do tend to evolve over the long term. OSU was originally the "Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College." So had things gone differently, I guess we could have been Ohio A&M.

But the change to "The Ohio State University" came pretty quickly, in 1878. Admittedly all of the emphasis on "THE" was a 1980's marketing ploy that stuck.

Comment

You've been kept in the dark about the BC thread.
                      That thread seemed to experience a bit of a surge this year compared to other seasons.

Comment

So MN has as good a chance to win as NE? LOL. They both and beat UW interestingly enough.

If people were voting with their hearts, Clarkson would have like, what 2 votes?

If UW get can get by MN, I can see the Clarkson rematch.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Let's go Tech!
                          -Class of '88

Comment

I don't rank teams because I have not seen most of them play so I don't see any value. This is simpler than that I suppose but I'm still going to avoid it. I have been sucked in by the Williamson story & think her team may do better than expected. I am not going to risk angering the hockey gods by picking. Yeah, I'm a wimp.
                            The odds say Clarkson beating Wisconsin but we will see. I can't wait for the puck to drop & we find out

Comment

Can one vote exclusively with the head with no interference from the heart or gut? Lots of friends from Minnesota, love their Sen. Klobuchar......respect the Badgers, OSU and Clarkson.......cannot get over the Badgers beating us(UNH) in 77, so they’re out......let’s start with Clarkson, Colgate, Minnesota and OSU (sorry TTT) to move on......that will give us a couple of great semi-finals!
                              Thanks to the Big 10 Network for broadcasting the games!🥅🏒

Comment

Don't we usually start by having a poll of who will make the Frozen Four before we get to the who wins it all poll?

Comment

Working...
                                X