View Poll Results: Who wins it?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clarkson

    17 43.59%
  • Mercyhurst

    1 2.56%
  • Boston College

    2 5.13%
  • Ohio State

    4 10.26%
  • Wisconsin

    8 20.51%
  • Minnesota

    1 2.56%
  • Colgate

    5 12.82%
  • Northeastern

    1 2.56%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: NCAA Championship

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,000

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    it has not been a good year for Wisco, undisputed #1 Women's Hockey chokes in FF
    Football team chokes to OSU and chance at national title
    Rodgers breaks chicken wing ...
    and for all the lefties in Mad City, Walker likely to be re-elected
    Trolls gonna troll.

  2. #42
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,105

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    it has not been a good year for Wisco, undisputed #1 Women's Hockey chokes in FF
    Football team chokes to OSU and chance at national title
    Rodgers breaks chicken wing ...
    and for all the lefties in Mad City, Walker likely to be re-elected
    It's been worse for your teams, LOL.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton's Bluff
    Posts
    712

    Lightbulb Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    It's been worse for your teams, LOL.
    True, but at least the Gophers won a national championship in football as recently as 1960. Wisconsin? So far I've researched as far back as 1889 and haven't found one yet. I guess that explains why we're on this forum and not a football one.

    I do have Ron Vander Kelen's autograph though.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-09-2018 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Is there a golf forum?

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,622

    Re: NCAA Championship

    After much deliberation I'm voting for Clarkson, figuring
    (a) They arguably have the easiest path to get to the Frozen Four
    (b) Entering the NCAA's they've won their past seven games, and only one loss in their past 23
    (c) They shut-out third-seeded Colgate 3-0 in their last game, winning the ECAC Tournament

    Sure hope I'm wrong, along with the overwhelming majority here, but it would appear that this year it's Clarkson's tournament to lose. But it's hockey, and anything can happen.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,557

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    After much deliberation I'm voting for Clarkson, figuring
    (a) They arguably have the easiest path to get to the Frozen Four
    (b) Entering the NCAA's they've won their past seven games, and only one loss in their past 23
    (c) They shut-out third-seeded Colgate 3-0 in their last game, winning the ECAC Tournament

    Sure hope I'm wrong, along with the overwhelming majority here, but it would appear that this year it's Clarkson's tournament to lose. But it's hockey, and anything can happen.
    I do not agree with the fact that they have the easiest path. I think Mercyhurst gives them a good game today. I expect this one to be close with possibly an ENG at the end.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

  6. #46
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,105

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Poor Northeastern. They beat UW and BC and yet no one gives them a chance. Must not be any NE fans on the board.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    I do not agree with the fact that they have the easiest path. I think Mercyhurst gives them a good game today. I expect this one to be close with possibly an ENG at the end.
    I smell an upset. Mercyhurst is dangerous moreso with the return of their Finish players. Clarkson will have to bring their A game.

  8. #48
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    I smell an upset. Mercyhurst is dangerous moreso with the return of their Finish players. Clarkson will have to bring their A game.
    If BC and Mercyhurst both win I will do a lap at full sprint around Conte Forum.

    But Mercyhurst isn't winning today

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,840
    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    After much deliberation I'm voting for Clarkson, figuring
    (a) They arguably have the easiest path to get to the Frozen Four
    Assuming form holds today, the SF game v BC gives me gas.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

    But Mercyhurst isn't winning today
    That’s what you said the last time BC and Mercyhurst played each other. ;-)

    Thanks for the good luck. We’ll take it!

  11. #51
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,580

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    ... but it would appear that this year it's Clarkson's tournament to lose.
    That's the only question I have about Clarkson. We know that the Golden Knights have been great in seasons when people underestimated them, but how will they do when the lights come on and everyone (but homers ) says that they are the favorite? It is a different "something" to have to prove. Have to agree about the bracket as well. The BC half of the bracket is historically a great place for a seeded team to be.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,622

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    I do not agree with the fact that they have the easiest path. I think Mercyhurst gives them a good game today. I expect this one to be close with possibly an ENG at the end.
    17th in Pairwise, behind all the other tournament participants, plus Cornell, St. Lawrence, Robert Morris, Providence, Maine, Minnesota Duluth and Connecticut.
    Clarkson definitely has the easiest path to the FF.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  13. #53
    Let's go Tech!
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    New Windsor, NY
    Posts
    3,595

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    That's the only question I have about Clarkson. We know that the Golden Knights have been great in seasons when people underestimated them, but how will they do when the lights come on and everyone (but homers ) says that they are the favorite? It is a different "something" to have to prove. Have to agree about the bracket as well. The BC half of the bracket is historically a great place for a seeded team to be.
    Man ARM, I'm asking that same question too. They have a great team but it's really a tournament full of great teams. Remember just a few years ago when there were 8 teams but only 2-3 really had a shot of winning? Now, there are 6 teams that I can give a legitimate shot to win 3 games and hoist the trophy and the other 2 teams could at least win a game and make it to Ritter.
    Clarkson Golden Knights Men
    10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
    5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
    21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

    Undefeated - 1956

    Clarkson Golden Knights Women
    ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
    ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
    7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

    Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
    National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

  14. #54
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,580

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by FireKnight View Post
    Remember just a few years ago when there were 8 teams but only 2-3 really had a shot of winning? Now, there are 6 teams that I can give a legitimate shot to win 3 games and hoist the trophy and the other 2 teams could at least win a game and make it to Ritter.
    I see it as being more stratified than you do. Clarkson and Wisconsin both have a very shot, and BC is the wildcard in the mix. I don't know that Colgate can win it all in its first trip. There are reasons why the other four aren't hosting today.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  15. #55

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,840
    Quote Originally Posted by fireknight View Post
    man arm, i'm asking that same question too. They have a great team but it's really a tournament full of great teams. Remember just a few years ago when there were 8 teams but only 2-3 really had a shot of winning? Now, there are 6 teams that i can give a legitimate shot to win 3 games and hoist the trophy and the other 2 teams could at least win a game and make it to Ridder.
    fyp

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,181
    Quote Originally Posted by FireKnight View Post
    Man ARM, I'm asking that same question too. They have a great team but it's really a tournament full of great teams. Remember just a few years ago when there were 8 teams but only 2-3 really had a shot of winning? Now, there are 6 teams that I can give a legitimate shot to win 3 games and hoist the trophy and the other 2 teams could at least win a game and make it to Ritter.
    Ritter is at RIT...

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton's Bluff
    Posts
    712

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Thank you. I was hoping someone would pick Northeastern. Upsets do happen, and after all "he" did defeat Man O' War once.

  18. #58
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,580

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    Thank you. I was hoping someone would pick Northeastern.
    Exactly; somebody has to be correct no matter the outcome. It is kind of depressing to think about if nobody here knows anything.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton's Bluff
    Posts
    712

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Ritter is at RIT...
    He is? I thought "Tex" and his very funny son had both passed on. Love "High Noon."

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NREYLREGsv4
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-10-2018 at 01:01 PM. Reason: It don't get any better than Coop.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    ellicott city, md, usa
    Posts
    10,557

    Re: NCAA Championship

    Looks like it's the WCHA vs the ECAC

    Wisconsin vs Colgate
    Clarkson vs The Ohio State
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •