Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Revenue...

...surpasses $1 billion milestone

Maybe this will put to rest talk of D3 sports budget cuts.

Re: NCAA Revenue...

Originally posted by jcase View Post

And I have a bridge in Brooklyn going nice and cheap...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      And I have a bridge in Brooklyn going nice and cheap...
      ****, I have some ocean-front property in Nebraska I'm trying to part with...
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post

Thanks for posting this.

Now, when I hear about how the supposedly-immutable D-3 bylaws (eg., the 500-mile BS) exist because it's just too darn expensive for the NCAA to toss a few nickels at D-3 hockey, I'll be able to counter with a factual link.

GD, does anyone *in his right mind* think that D-3 won't get whatever support it needs from the NCAA, as long as it makes the process demonstrably more equitable, within broad limits..?

So, to my point: select the field fairly, seed it fairly, and site it fairly... Let the boys catch a plane if necessary: they'll be fine.

Who in God's name will complain, aside from the very few who are married to the current (ridiculous) rules?
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-07-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Thanks for posting this.

Now, when I hear about how the supposedly-immutable D-3 bylaws (eg., the 500-mile BS) exist because it's just too darn expensive for the NCAA to toss a few nickels at D-3 hockey, I'll be able to counter with a factual link.

GD, does anyone *in his right mind* think that D-3 won't get whatever support it needs from the NCAA, as long as it makes the process demonstrably more equitable, within broad limits..?

So, to my point: select the field fairly, seed it fairly, and site it fairly... Let the boys catch a plane if necessary: they'll be fine.

Who in God's name will complain, aside from the very few who are married to the current (ridiculous) rules?
          It’s not the D3 people limiting the D3 budget...
          St. Norbert College Green Knights
          NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
          NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
          NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          ---
          SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
            It’s not the D3 people limiting the D3 budget...
            Certainly... But there a few D-3 apologists who say that there's no way to ask for a buck or two more in order to fix our sport...

That, I don't buy.

Comment

It’s not that the NCAA doesn’t have money. It’s that they’re not going to invest it in sports that don’t make them more money. You don’t get rich making bad investments!
              #OneKnight

Comment

Thanks for posting this.

D3 (for all championships) get 3% of the NCAA budget. The DI schools choose to share that amount of revenue, and they have talked about reducing the percentage due to their increased revenue. If they had a choice they would give less than what they do.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  D3 (for all championships) get 3% of the NCAA budget. The DI schools choose to share that amount of revenue, and they have talked about reducing the percentage due to their increased revenue. If they had a choice they would give less than what they do.
                  Sometimes one has to demand one's due, instead of sitting on one's hands and meekly accepting a bad situation.

Comment

The are 443 D3 members. There are 659 D1 and D2 members (combined). There aren’t enough votes there to force a change.
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Do you truly think that D-1 cares enough to fight any improvements that D-3 hockey might ask for..?

i don't. We're talking complete chump-change, compared to what what D-1 football/hoops have falling out of their pockets.

Comment

Certainly... But there a few D-3 apologists who say that there's no way to ask for a buck or two more in order to fix our sport...

That, I don't buy.
                        No one has ever said this. No one!!!!!
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                          The are 443 D3 members. There are 659 D1 and D2 members (combined). There aren’t enough votes there to force a change.
                          And the NCAA membership is worried that the top football and/or basketball programs could say "We earn the money, what do we really need the NCAA for?", eliminating the pot of $s.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

Sometimes one has to demand one's due, instead of sitting on one's hands and meekly accepting a bad situation.
                            Now this, people have said.

We've advocated asking for more money. However, we've been beaten down so much, we do tend to sit around on our hands meekly accepting this crap.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                              And the NCAA membership is worried that the top football and/or basketball programs could say "We earn the money, what do we really need the NCAA for?", eliminating the pot of $s.
                              In some ways, that happens in football.

The playoff series is independently run. The NCAA doesn't get any of that money other than a "licensing" fee which is but a tiny percentage of the total amount the playoff series makes. If the NCAA owned that, like they do March Madness, they wouldn't know what to do with all the money...
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                              X