Lake Placid Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lake Placid Attendance

I will say that when we played at the Ronnie B in 87 for the championship in front of a HUGE sold out crowd it was AWESOME,no matter the outcome it made the experience much better than I would imagine playing IFO seats.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      I will say that when we played at the Ronnie B in 87 for the championship in front of a HUGE sold out crowd it was AWESOME,no matter the outcome it made the experience much better than I would imagine playing IFO seats.
      You're comparing apples to oranges. That's when the Stafford could/would hold 3,500 - 4,000 people.....about half of those people would get shut out of a ticket if it was held at the Stafford today...
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Well, I will be in Section 7 tonight. My son and I will be sporting Patrice Begeron jerseys. I want to see a good, competitive hockey game, but I think I'd enjoy watching Salve Regina win their first national championship of any kind.
        Steve
        Penn State Class of '95
        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
          I have been told that no one is submitting a bid for next years venue.
          Next year’s site is supposed to be at one of the four participating teams. Obviously, nobody knows that until the four teams win their quarterfinal games.

Ergo, nobody can submit a bid until then...
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I kinda feel bad to see all of this poor attendance talk for Lake Placid for the NCAA Division III tournament championship weekend. Almost bad enough to want to drive down (with no affiliation or even the slightest bit of clue about either team) and watch the championship game tonight just to put a couple more bodies in the seats. I am in Plattsburgh and only about 45-50 minutes away. So, there could be worse decisions I suppose.

Last weekend the ECAC tournament had its largest turnout since the tournament moved back to Lake Placid 4 years ago. There was around 5,500 for the semifinals and around 6,000 for the championship game. Granted that Clarkson, a local team that always travels well was there this year, but in years past even when a local didn't make it they would still get between 4,000-5,000 regularly.

Yes I get that Lake Placid is "off the beaten path" so to speak, but I feel like people greatly exaggerate it. I mean, people make it seems like you have to drive through a beat up bumpy old one lane cow-path dirt road just to get in there. That is fair from the case even if there is not a major four lane highway connecting in to Lake Placid. It's not that difficult of a drive, especially if you know where you are going. There are stretches in the winter that can be bad, but to be fair, it's bad just about everywhere in the winter around here. I get it though, I do have the luxury of being from around here and understanding the area better, but I guess as a local it's still a bummer to see such a low drop in attendance when a non-local team doesn't make it for this tournament. Lake Placid is a fun place to be. It's even better when there are 3 good games to watch in a weekend.
            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

Want to give a BIG shout out to the Stevens Point band that drove out for the game yesterday and performed the national anthem, thank you.
              4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
              SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                Want to give a BIG shout out to the Stevens Point band that drove out for the game yesterday and performed the national anthem, thank you.
                Heard it took them 21 hours straight thru to get to LP..
                SNC Men:
                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                SNC Women:
                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Not sure on the truth of no one submitting a bid or not. I do know that the men’s coaches did vote and were in favor of returning to campus sites for at least a one in every 3 or 4 year cycle. Next year will be campus as will 2021.
                  Could you explain the submitting a bid process? What is the deadline the schools must meet to submitt a bid? Thanks
                  4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
                  SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

1762 is full day attendance...
                    Were single-game tickets sold, or only day passes?

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                      Could you explain the submitting a bid process? What is the deadline the schools must meet to submitt a bid? Thanks
                      For hosting the women’s final four this year Norwich put together a bid that was due in late February. You had to approximate expenses, budget, tickets sold etc and then the NCAA either accepts or declines your bid based on what you put into it. The team that was the highest ranked remaining team with an “appropriate bid” was awarded hosting rights.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Were single-game tickets sold, or only day passes?
                        Day passes. I would imagine that number is tickets sold/scanned for the whole day for both games. But that is my guess. Both games listed the same attendance number IIRC.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Day passes. I would imagine that number is tickets sold/scanned for the whole day for both games. But that is my guess. Both games listed the same attendance number IIRC.
                          This site had the Salve game at 556.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            This site had the Salve game at 556.
                            College hockey stats lists same number.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              You're comparing apples to oranges. That's when the Stafford could/would hold 3,500 - 4,000 people.....about half of those people would get shut out of a ticket if it was held at the Stafford today...
                              I realize that,jusy say'in...Campus Center in Oswego can handle 3000,maybe a few other rinks can match that?? We are not going to get 10k at the games bottom line.

Comment

For hosting the women’s final four this year Norwich put together a bid that was due in late February. You had to approximate expenses, budget, tickets sold etc and then the NCAA either accepts or declines your bid based on what you put into it. The team that was the highest ranked remaining team with an “appropriate bid” was awarded hosting rights.
                                I'm assuming you get a raise or bonus for each hosted championship?
                                Last edited by elbojpb; 03-24-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X