Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lake Placid Attendance

Re: Lake Placid Attendance

Want to give a BIG shout out to the Stevens Point band that drove out for the game yesterday and performed the national anthem, thank you.
    4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
    SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Rocking 'The Stone'

Quote Originally Posted by 4and20 View Post
    Want to give a BIG shout out to the Stevens Point band that drove out for the game yesterday and performed the national anthem, thank you.
    Heard it took them 21 hours straight thru to get to LP..
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Not sure on the truth of no one submitting a bid or not. I do know that the menís coaches did vote and were in favor of returning to campus sites for at least a one in every 3 or 4 year cycle. Next year will be campus as will 2021.
    Could you explain the submitting a bid process? What is the deadline the schools must meet to submitt a bid? Thanks
    4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
    SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Black Bear since D-2

1762 is full day attendance...
    Were single-game tickets sold, or only day passes?

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Quote Originally Posted by 4and20 View Post
    Could you explain the submitting a bid process? What is the deadline the schools must meet to submitt a bid? Thanks
    For hosting the womenís final four this year Norwich put together a bid that was due in late February. You had to approximate expenses, budget, tickets sold etc and then the NCAA either accepts or declines your bid based on what you put into it. The team that was the highest ranked remaining team with an ďappropriate bidĒ was awarded hosting rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Were single-game tickets sold, or only day passes?
    Day passes. I would imagine that number is tickets sold/scanned for the whole day for both games. But that is my guess. Both games listed the same attendance number IIRC.

Black Bear since D-2

Day passes. I would imagine that number is tickets sold/scanned for the whole day for both games. But that is my guess. Both games listed the same attendance number IIRC.
    This site had the Salve game at 556.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    This site had the Salve game at 556.
    College hockey stats lists same number.

Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    You're comparing apples to oranges. That's when the Stafford could/would hold 3,500 - 4,000 people.....about half of those people would get shut out of a ticket if it was held at the Stafford today...
    I realize that,jusy say'in...Campus Center in Oswego can handle 3000,maybe a few other rinks can match that?? We are not going to get 10k at the games bottom line.

For hosting the women’s final four this year Norwich put together a bid that was due in late February. You had to approximate expenses, budget, tickets sold etc and then the NCAA either accepts or declines your bid based on what you put into it. The team that was the highest ranked remaining team with an “appropriate bid” was awarded hosting rights.
    I'm assuming you get a raise or bonus for each hosted championship?
    Last edited by elbojpb; 03-24-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Member of the REAL Zoo Crew

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I realize that,jusy say'in...Campus Center in Oswego can handle 3000,maybe a few other rinks can match that?? We are not going to get 10k at the games bottom line.
    That's the issue...there are only a FEW DIII schools who can host 3,000....if you have:

Hobart (500 max capacity - can reach 1,000)
    Stout (700 max)
    Adrian (500 max - can reach 1,000)
    Trinity (750 max)

in the Final Four....who hosts? Do we let Oswego host every time even if they are the 4 seed? Two things need to come in play IMO for this to work.
    1. Allow teams to PICK a near by rink that COULD be a suitable host rink (Hobart taking Blue Cross or RIT's rink, Plattsburgh taking the GUT) when they put their bids in. If the #1 team makes the Tournament they should have every opportunity to "host" the Final Four at a suitable rink....
    2. Tickets get split up into 25% for the 4 teams...period. And not "Here are your 500 required tickets...oh by the way 400 of them are standing room only...." teams then have until Thursday to sell them at their rink, the rest get put up for sale SATURDAY (yes that means going back to Saturday/Sunday games).

DIII Mens is not Womens hockey where a huge attendance is 1,000 and most campus sites can handle the crowds. Nor is hockey football where people can just stand on the lawn.

Yes it's sad that the stands are empty, yes it sucks that SNC has to play in front of maybe 1,000 people tonight...but when the clock hits 00:00 tonight and who ever raises that trophy ... I will put money on it that they are happy that ALL of their family and friends had the OPPORTUNITY to attend. That wouldn't be the case if it was held at a small 500 seat rink....besides.... we would be kicked out for the language and crap we did in the late 80's early 90's at today's NCAA events...The NCAA doesn't care if they have a loud rocking crowd. As long as their tea party goes well, they are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by elbojpb View Post
    I'm assuming you get a raise or bonus for each hosted championship?
    I wish.

Game Time!

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    These teams would not have drawn anymore in Utica. Donít kid yourself.
    Not seeing any consistent numbers so far.

If thatís true, southern Maine is NO WHERE near Plattsburgh.
    USM is not near Lake Placid, but it is on the way out of state and it has the Olympic sheet they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by petrietodonovan View Post
    USM is not near Lake Placid, but it is on the way out of state and it has the Olympic sheet they needed.
    Someone said St. Norbert practiced there. Not Colby I believe.

St. Norbert made no sense to me. If it was Colby, that would make more sense.

Rocking 'The Stone'

Someone said St. Norbert practiced there. Not Colby I believe.

St. Norbert made no sense to me. If it was Colby, that would make more sense.
    I mentioned that SNC landed in Plattsburgh....not practicing at USM....
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by pete99race View Post
    I mentioned that SNC landed in Plattsburgh....not practicing at USM....
    Not that this needs to be confirmed, but here is a local TV news story about Colby preparing for the games in LP

http://www.newscentermaine.com/video...our/97-8045017

You'll notice the USM logo at Center Ice!

Send it to a town that cares!
    I think it's sad and disappointing to host the championship games in empty buildings. As a spectator and a player it sucks. These teams deserve better.
    The model that would work would be the Canadian Major Junior A and Tier 2 junior A Championships. The memorial Cup and the RBC Cup.
    Host team would automatically qualify, only consistent top programs would win bids. Any rink over 1500 would be acceptable, I would rather be in packed building instead of an empty building. The 12 tournament qualifiers would play in 3 brackets of 4. The three winners of the brackets advance to final with the host. All championship games would be sold out, pre sale packages, etc.

Lake Placid could not care less about the mens div 3 championship...send it to a town that cares!

Quote Originally Posted by coasttocoast View Post
    Send it to a town that cares!
    I think it's sad and disappointing to host the championship games in empty buildings. As a spectator and a player it sucks. These teams deserve better.
    The model that would work would be the Canadian Major Junior A and Tier 2 junior A Championships. The memorial Cup and the RBC Cup.
    Host team would automatically qualify, only consistent top programs would win bids. Any rink over 1500 would be acceptable, I would rather be in packed building instead of an empty building. The 12 tournament qualifiers would play in 3 brackets of 4. The three winners of the brackets advance to final with the host. All championship games would be sold out, pre sale packages, etc.

Lake Placid could not care less about the mens div 3 championship...send it to a town that cares!
    A NCAA championship would never operate that way.

Thread Information