Lake Placid Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Placid Attendance

I know it's early, but I have my tickets for the Championship game! I can't go on Friday - that whole accountant-during-tax-season thing! I'm bringing my seven year old who's been obsessed with the Miracle on Ice and I thought I'd show him a game in the rink plus go through the museum.

Last game I attended there was the epic 2OT final between Norwich and St. Norbert (I was the goal judge where the winning goal was scored). Still the best college hockey game I've ever attended.
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Re: Lake Placid Attendance

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    I know it's early, but I have my tickets for the Championship game! I can't go on Friday - that whole accountant-during-tax-season thing! I'm bringing my seven year old who's been obsessed with the Miracle on Ice and I thought I'd show him a game in the rink plus go through the museum.

Last game I attended there was the epic 2OT final between Norwich and St. Norbert (I was the goal judge where the winning goal was scored). Still the best college hockey game I've ever attended.
    Epic for sure!!
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

What a great experience. Last time I was there was for Hobart's only frozen four in 2009. Worried to buy tickets so as not to jinx the Statesmen unless they make it. Too hard a road to assume anything at this point.

Comment

Will be making my fifth trip to Lake Placid...great time and great fans.
        SNC Men:
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
          Epic for sure!!
          I remember one of the NCAA officials sitting next to me and we were talking between the first and second overtime and he asked me who I thought the MVP of the game was. I said regardless of who wins it has to be the St. Norbert goaltender. He just smiled and nodded.
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

I remember one of the NCAA officials sitting next to me and we were talking between the first and second overtime and he asked me who I thought the MVP of the game was. I said regardless of who wins it has to be the St. Norbert goaltender. He just smiled and nodded.
            BJ O'Brien. I remember the student section had fun with his first name.
            5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

BJ O'Brien stopped 70 of 72 shots in that marathon...led SNC to the National Title the following season against Adrian in Minneapolis.
              He is the current goalie coach at Augsburg.
              SNC Men:
              SNC Women:

Comment

Without any even remotely local teams in the mix (P'burgh, Norwich, Potsdam, Utica, M'bury, Oswego, etc) those fans that show up this year are the real die-hard D3 hockey fans.

I wonder if the possibility of losing even more money this year than is typically lost, will have any bearing on the NCAA's championship location paradigm moving forward, and they'll lean more toward campus sites?

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                  What a great experience. Last time I was there was for Hobart's only frozen four in 2009. Worried to buy tickets so as not to jinx the Statesmen unless they make it. Too hard a road to assume anything at this point.
                  I remember that game clearly-it was edge of the seat forever. Was also there when Hobart won. So now I am curious which I have been to:
                  97- at Middlebury
                  99- at Norwich
                  00- in Superior
                  02- in Middlebury
                  03- at Norwich
                  04- at Norwich
                  08- Lake Placid
                  09- Lake Placid
                  10- Lake Placid
                  12- Lake Placid
                  13- Lake Placid

Fair amount... and in 2003,04,05,06 and 08 also went to D1 Frozen Four's.
                  Go 'Wick!

Comment

Looking forward to get back for the first time since UW-Eau Claire won in 2013.
                    Called that entire weekend on Plattsburgh's Student station in what was three pretty good games.
                    Was very surprised Oswego blew a 2-0 lead in that title game.

Comment

I will be there. Looking forward to it. I don’t like the campus sites thing. It makes it difficult to get tickets if your team isn’t 1 of the 4 participants.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorin33 View Post
                        Looking forward to get back for the first time since UW-Eau Claire won in 2013.
                        Called that entire weekend on Plattsburgh's Student station in what was three pretty good games.
                        Was very surprised Oswego blew a 2-0 lead in that title game.
                        YOU were surprised???
                        Oswego State 1980 Grad
                        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                          YOU were surprised???
                          The way Gertsakis was playing in both the SUNYAC and NCAA Tournament, added in with how good that top line of Moodie, Whitelaw, and Rodrigues was, plus the rest of the seniors, I just thought it was their year.

Comment

I'll be there reporting for USCHO.

And most likely drinking each night at Zig Zags...
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I'll be there

Comment

Working...
                              X