Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lake Placid Attendance

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I realize that,jusy say'in...Campus Center in Oswego can handle 3000,maybe a few other rinks can match that?? We are not going to get 10k at the games bottom line.
    That's the issue...there are only a FEW DIII schools who can host 3,000....if you have:

Hobart (500 max capacity - can reach 1,000)
    Stout (700 max)
    Adrian (500 max - can reach 1,000)
    Trinity (750 max)

in the Final Four....who hosts? Do we let Oswego host every time even if they are the 4 seed? Two things need to come in play IMO for this to work.
    1. Allow teams to PICK a near by rink that COULD be a suitable host rink (Hobart taking Blue Cross or RIT's rink, Plattsburgh taking the GUT) when they put their bids in. If the #1 team makes the Tournament they should have every opportunity to "host" the Final Four at a suitable rink....
    2. Tickets get split up into 25% for the 4 teams...period. And not "Here are your 500 required tickets...oh by the way 400 of them are standing room only...." teams then have until Thursday to sell them at their rink, the rest get put up for sale SATURDAY (yes that means going back to Saturday/Sunday games).

DIII Mens is not Womens hockey where a huge attendance is 1,000 and most campus sites can handle the crowds. Nor is hockey football where people can just stand on the lawn.

Yes it's sad that the stands are empty, yes it sucks that SNC has to play in front of maybe 1,000 people tonight...but when the clock hits 00:00 tonight and who ever raises that trophy ... I will put money on it that they are happy that ALL of their family and friends had the OPPORTUNITY to attend. That wouldn't be the case if it was held at a small 500 seat rink....besides.... we would be kicked out for the language and crap we did in the late 80's early 90's at today's NCAA events...The NCAA doesn't care if they have a loud rocking crowd. As long as their tea party goes well, they are happy.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
      I'm assuming you get a raise or bonus for each hosted championship?
      I wish.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Game Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          These teams would not have drawn anymore in Utica. Don’t kid yourself.
          Not seeing any consistent numbers so far.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            If that’s true, southern Maine is NO WHERE near Plattsburgh.
            USM is not near Lake Placid, but it is on the way out of state and it has the Olympic sheet they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by petrietodonovan View Post
              USM is not near Lake Placid, but it is on the way out of state and it has the Olympic sheet they needed.
              Someone said St. Norbert practiced there. Not Colby I believe.

St. Norbert made no sense to me. If it was Colby, that would make more sense.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Someone said St. Norbert practiced there. Not Colby I believe.

St. Norbert made no sense to me. If it was Colby, that would make more sense.
                I mentioned that SNC landed in Plattsburgh....not practicing at USM....
                SNC Men:
                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                SNC Women:
                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                  I mentioned that SNC landed in Plattsburgh....not practicing at USM....
                  Not that this needs to be confirmed, but here is a local TV news story about Colby preparing for the games in LP

http://www.newscentermaine.com/video...our/97-8045017

You'll notice the USM logo at Center Ice!

Comment

Send it to a town that cares!
                    I think it's sad and disappointing to host the championship games in empty buildings. As a spectator and a player it sucks. These teams deserve better.
                    The model that would work would be the Canadian Major Junior A and Tier 2 junior A Championships. The memorial Cup and the RBC Cup.
                    Host team would automatically qualify, only consistent top programs would win bids. Any rink over 1500 would be acceptable, I would rather be in packed building instead of an empty building. The 12 tournament qualifiers would play in 3 brackets of 4. The three winners of the brackets advance to final with the host. All championship games would be sold out, pre sale packages, etc.

Lake Placid could not care less about the mens div 3 championship...send it to a town that cares!

Comment

• Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                      Send it to a town that cares!
                      I think it's sad and disappointing to host the championship games in empty buildings. As a spectator and a player it sucks. These teams deserve better.
                      The model that would work would be the Canadian Major Junior A and Tier 2 junior A Championships. The memorial Cup and the RBC Cup.
                      Host team would automatically qualify, only consistent top programs would win bids. Any rink over 1500 would be acceptable, I would rather be in packed building instead of an empty building. The 12 tournament qualifiers would play in 3 brackets of 4. The three winners of the brackets advance to final with the host. All championship games would be sold out, pre sale packages, etc.

Lake Placid could not care less about the mens div 3 championship...send it to a town that cares!
                      A NCAA championship would never operate that way.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        A NCAA championship would never operate that way.
                        Yup. The only danger of on campus is if you have 4 teams left all in a rent a rink arrangement. Then it becomes a cramp shoot.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Lake Placid Attendance

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                          This is absolute total b*llsh*t!
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by coasttocoast View Post
                            Send it to a town that cares! I think it's sad and disappointing to host the championship games in empty buildings. As a spectator and a player it sucks. These teams deserve better.
                            Stupid question, but did you attend this year's event? I don't think anyone who was actually at the event could describe it as being remotely disappointing. Yes there were empty seats, but the place was electric for a great majority of the entire game time. And there were a host of local "town" folk who "cared" to attend, and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                              Stupid question, but did you attend this year's event? I don't think anyone who was actually at the event could describe it as being remotely disappointing. Yes there were empty seats, but the place was electric for a great majority of the entire game time. And there were a host of local "town" folk who "cared" to attend, and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
                              I second this sentiment. Yes, the arena holds a lot more than will ever attend the D-III finals, but I thought the atmosphere was great. Tons of St. Norbert fans on the side I was sitting in, and tons of Salve Regina fans on the other side. (As a sidenote, I was surrounded by Oswego fans... go figure!) I had no rooting interest in the game, but took my son down. We had an absolute blast.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95
                              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                              X