This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Matrix was ok at best and I'll never watch it again. 2 and 3? Just awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Matrix was ok at best and I'll never watch it again. 2 and 3? Just awful.
      2 is my fave by far. Has one of the greatest car chase scenes ever filmed. Also, messes with your head more than the first one did.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        2 is my fave by far. Has one of the greatest car chase scenes ever filmed. Also, messes with your head more than the first one did.
        Agree on this, especially the second part of the post.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I saw Skyscraper last night. Total summer popcorn movie. Ludicrous plot, etc. But still, a fun watch on a Sunday night.
          I plan to see that this week
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I saw Skyscraper last night. Total summer popcorn movie. Ludicrous plot, etc. But still, a fun watch on a Sunday night.
            For a guy who gets very nervous above the 10th floor, watchable or not?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              For a guy who gets very nervous above the 10th floor, watchable or not?
              Just tell yiurself its a movie.

Spots left on the cutting room floor took out too much.

Too soon from release to comment, but y'all will know when it happens
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Saw two films:

Oceans 8. Not great but enjoyable. Sandra Bullock tries very hard to be George Clooney but she isnt. Of the stars I found her to be the weakest. Cate Blanchet was awesome though. Lots of cool cameos. Definitely a step down from he earlier films (which are part of this franchise as they are referenced every two seconds) but worth a watch.

Skyscraper. A whole heckuva lot of fun. Is it over the top...yes! Is it cliche...yes! Does it stretch credibility and reality...yes! Is it still worth watching...OH HELL YES! Look the film aint Shakespeare...but if you like 80s/90s action films (especially Stallone/Ahnold and Bruce films) then you will love this film!

If not for Moviepass I see neither of these films so I thank Moviepass for making the decision easier
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know that many here are fairly passive towards comic book movies, but I think we have a story that is showing a greater slice of Hollywood and politics in our society:

James Gunn was removed from the MCU and Gardians of the Galaxy 3 over tweets made ~10 years ago.

I think this is a huge misstep on Disney’s part and I really have to question our current state of society over this. It’s really shameful that we have become this soft as a society....
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom...

[inhales deeply]

HOLY ******* **** WHAT AN ABSOLUTE TRAINWRECK OF A PIECE OF ****! I CANT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAID TO WATCH THAT DUMPSTER FIRE! THIS IS ACTUALLY A BIGGER INSULT TO THE FRANCHISE THAN THE LAST GHOSTBUSTERS ABORTION WAS! EVERYONE INVOLVED SHOULD HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME...OR AT LEAST DANCE AROUND IN A BIG PILE OF MONEY LAUGHING AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WASTED THEIR TIME AND MONEY WATCHING THIS FILM. [/exhales]

Ok so on a much calmer note this movie is all sorts of awful. Imagine if you took The Last World: Jurassic Park II and completely ripped off the basic plot only you then genetically engineered it with all the crappiness of Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World with just a pinch of the Tommy Lee Jones disaster Volcano and you maybe can begin to understand how awful this film is. The plot is so bad "Paint By Numbers" doesnt even cover it. They literally just steal parts of the other films and put them in there. Then they add in the stupid cloning side story which is worthless, then the dumb "Blue" storyline returns, then more made up dinosaurs (there are hundreds of species of dinosaurs why make up new ones?) and of course the hamfisted acting of Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. Then, in an effort to try and be different I guess they rip off the ending to Rise of the Planet of the Apes almost completely. This film is a testament to the true laziness of Hollywood...

Ian Malcolm asks "How many times" at the end talking about the mistakes man has made when it comes to the dinosaurs...he might as well have been asking the same about these crappy movies. And before anyone asks...MoviePass
                    Saw it tonight. You are spot on. Ridiculous.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      I know that many here are fairly passive towards comic book movies, but I think we have a story that is showing a greater slice of Hollywood and politics in our society:

James Gunn was removed from the MCU and Gardians of the Galaxy 3 over tweets made ~10 years ago.

I think this is a huge misstep on Disney’s part and I really have to question our current state of society over this. It’s really shameful that we have become this soft as a society....
                      Link to Gunn's tweets. You judge.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...549413890?s=19
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Apparently, Disney knew about the Tweets when they hired him. Pro-Trump putz Mike Cernovich saw an opportunity to turn this into a revenge plot against left-wing social media mobs who get conservatives and Trumpists fired/boycotted.

Comment

Watched Casablanca and All About Eve on the plane last week. The latter still holds up really, really well. Great film.

The former is well-shot and highly quotable, but love triangle plots don't hold up very well here in the 21st century, outside of soap operas, IMO.

Comment

He seems to talk about children a lot. Gross

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Watched Casablanca and All About Eve on the plane last week. The latter still holds up really, really well. Great film.

The former is well-shot and highly quotable, but love triangle plots don't hold up very well here in the 21st century, outside of soap operas, IMO.
                              A The High and the Mighty / Airplane! double feature would be interesting.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Sorry but I think they made the right decision. It seems unfair that something he did way back when should bite him in the butt but that has been happening all over the place the last few years and just because he is a popular director and an unabashed liberal doesnt make him immune. He would most likely be one of the people calling for the firing if it wasnt him who got the axe which is why he didnt even put up a fight.

If this was some Faux News correspondent (or say Vince Vaughn or another of the conservatives in Hollywood) with the exact same scenario every liberal would be screaming bloody murder. Either the rules apply to everyone or they apply to no one. He had to know that with his proclivity towards attacking the Right that they would find something to use against him sooner or later.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X