X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Calibre:
    Two lifelong friends head up to an isolated Scottish Highlands village for a weekend hunting trip. Nothing could prepare them for what follows.

The hints and red herrings make this a better movie than what it really was. A lot of "what ifs" and "will theys" throughout. Otherwise, a standard moral dilemma thriller. Worth a watch, but don't go into it wanting too much.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

El Camino Christmas:

The project, scripted by Melfi and writer Chris Wehner, is about a young man (Grimes) who seeks out a father he has never met and, through no fault of his own, ends up barricaded in a liquor store with five other people on Christmas Eve. The story takes place in the fictitious town of El Camino, NV.

Starts off as a madcap comedy, adds some drama, and finishes with a Christmas touch. I expected NOTHING going into this movie (it has Tim Allen in it, for God's sake), but walked away from it satisfied as a halfway decent (although predictable) movie. I'd put it under a timekill movie at worst, eventual cult classic at best.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Rewatching the Matrix trilogy. It still holds up. The 3rd is still the worst, the 2nd the best (the Architect scene is a classic gem of a scene). And, well, Carrie Ann Moss.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Rewatching the Matrix trilogy. It still holds up. The 3rd is still the worst, the 2nd the best (the Architect scene is a classic gem of a scene). And, well, Carrie Ann Moss.
          Look I know we have our diasgreements but I’m going to draw the line here. You’re ****ing nuts Brent if you think 2>1.

Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Look I know we have our diasgreements but I’m going to draw the line here. You’re ****ing nuts Brent if you think 2>1.

It's a close call. It really is. The Oracle/100 Agent Fight and Architect scenes win it for 2, for me. The initial WTeff of the first one was amazing. If those two scenes were less amazing on any level, then the first one wins it.
            At least we agree that the 3rd one, which is a Michael Bay wet dream, is the worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              It's a close call. It really is. The Oracle/100 Agent Fight and Architect scenes win it for 2, for me. The initial WTeff of the first one was amazing. If those two scenes were less amazing on any level, then the first one wins it.
              At least we agree that the 3rd one, which is a Michael Bay wet dream, is the worst.
              the rest of part 2 should ruin it. They went no story, all action for the most part in that movie.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Forgot to mention that the Merovingian was one of my fave characters in the trilogy. His attitude, his role...awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  the rest of part 2 should ruin it. They went no story, all action for the most part in that movie.
                  You mean the 3rd one. There was no story. Just Lock screaming a lot and a bunch of firepower.

Comment

Tag was actually funnier than I thought it would be. I like renner and hamm. Had some good laughs, the true story it’s based on is kinda fun.

Comment

I really want to see that movie
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah Tag is a funny flick but the best part is the end with the real footage of the guys playing.

And storywise Matrix 2 is just as good as Matrix 1. (in some ways better) The video game style effects though werent great then and aged even worse. I put them equal.

Matrix 3 had a few good parts and an hour of just straight trash.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Yeah Tag is a funny flick but the best part is the end with the real footage of the guys playing.

And storywise Matrix 2 is just as good as Matrix 1. (in some ways better) The video game style effects though werent great then and aged even worse. I put them equal.

That is a good description of Matrix 3.

Comment

Apollo 13. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I watch this start to finish - I still find myself on edge of my seat throughout and a tug on my heart by the end.

Now watching LA Confidential which it just fantastic.

I need something more current to watch. :P

[edit] - I did watch Super Troopers 2 which was far better than I expected a sequel to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Find myself disagreeing with you on movies a lot lately. We agree on the Matrix trilogy it appears.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I saw Skyscraper last night. Total summer popcorn movie. Ludicrous plot, etc. But still, a fun watch on a Sunday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X