X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I don’t disagree on the villains but it just felt right to me as a whole. As close to Michael Crichton as we’ll get after the original movie.

There are still 3 cringeworthy/embarrassing moments in the movie imo but far less than ep 2,3 and4. I guess i’m Grading on a curve😀
    If Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are in it it is all cringeworthy. They are awful together.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Singularity:

Humans create AI that eradicates humans from the planet, but there are a couple of survivors trying to find the last human settlement.

It's like Terminator, The Matrix, and The Hunger Games had a menage a trois and spewed out a Chernobyl baby. It went from crappy, to less crappy, to full blown crappy. Worse yet, it's set up for a sequel (which I hope never gets made). I should have know, given it has John Cusack in it. He's just cashing paychecks at this point in his career. I wouldn't bother unless you like canned dialogue, plot holes that are explained with a single line, and over the top cliched characters.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Singularity:

Humans create AI that eradicates humans from the planet, but there are a couple of survivors trying to find the last human settlement.

It's like Terminator, The Matrix, and The Hunger Games had a menage a trois and spewed out a Chernobyl baby. It went from crappy, to less crappy, to full blown crappy. Worse yet, it's set up for a sequel (which I hope never gets made). I should have know, given it has John Cusack in it. He's just cashing paychecks at this point in his career. I wouldn't bother unless you like canned dialogue, plot holes that are explained with a single line, and over the top cliched characters.
        Read "For a Breath I Tarry" by Roger Zelazny.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Read "For a Breath I Tarry" by Roger Zelazny.
          I'll just watch the 3 movies I mentioned and be happy.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Happy 38th Anniversary - Airplane!.

I'll have the lasagna.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Meeting Evil:

John is taken on a murder-fueled ride by a mysterious stranger that transforms the weak-willed, disillusioned husband and father into a desperate hero willing to go to any length to protect his family.

Great movie, until the end. I won't spoil it, but the ending was underwhelming at best. Could have been so much more. Sam L plays Sam L, which isn't bad at all, and Luke Wilson is Luke Wilson, which is marginal. Leslie Bibb was good in her small role. I'd say it's worth a time-killing watch.

Comment

I'll have the lasagna.
                Excuse me, stewardess... I speak jive.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

I'll have the lasagna.
                  "I'll handle this, now calm down, *slap* get a hold of yourself! *slap*"

Thank you for flying United Airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    "I'll handle this, now calm down, *slap* get a hold of yourself! *slap*"

Thank you for flying United Airlines.
                    "No, thank you, I take it black, like my men."

The Clan:

Argentine movie based on a true story about the Puccio family, who made money from kidnapping and the ransoms that came from it. Pretty good movie, interesting to see how the family functioned given their activities.

Comment

The modern generation:

Who is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? Is he related to Paula Abdul?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The modern generation:

Who is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? Is he related to Paula Abdul?
                        And some might even ask if Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is related to Karim Abdul-Jabbar....I mean Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar, the former Dolphin.

(yes, I have Karim AJ Dolphins jersey )

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          "No, thank you, I take it black, like my men."

The Clan:

Argentine movie based on a true story about the Puccio family, who made money from kidnapping and the ransoms that came from it. Pretty good movie, interesting to see how the family functioned given their activities.
                          That line has been relegated to the cutting room floor on network showings.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Really? That's such BS.

I've used that line as a prank in restaurants in the past (note: had to judge each situation to see if the server would get the joke).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Which is why I own the DVD. Same for Blazing Saddles and the farting cowboys scene.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Which is why I own the DVD. Same for Blazing Saddles and the farting cowboys scene.
                                I knew about that scene. You can make fun of black people, but you can't fart on-screen. D'okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X