X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
    the last laugh:

Documentary about the "lines" of comedy. Is it okay to joke about the holocaust, 9-11, aids...why or why not? It's 90% about nazi/holocaust humor, wish they covered more taboo topics, but it is very well done. Lots of comments from survivors, comedians, writers, etc. Definitely has all the pros and cons about it, and reasons why. If you're a fan of comedy, i'd say it's a must watch.
    hbo?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Saw Incredibles 2 with my daughter and her family. It was pretty good, just as good as the first one. Naturally the baby stole the show.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        hbo?
        Netflix Streaming.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

@tcm: Olivia De Havilland celebrates her 102nd birthday today, here in CAPTAIN BLOOD ('35) https://twitter.com/tcm/status/10134...749056/photo/1
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            @tcm: Olivia De Havilland celebrates her 102nd birthday today, here in CAPTAIN BLOOD ('35) https://twitter.com/tcm/status/10134...749056/photo/1
            Older than the NHL!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I, Tonya

A little heavy on the soundtrack scenes, but excellent overall. Allison Janney was pure 100% beech mode, perfect performance. Margot Robbie as Tonya was great, of course. Paul Walter Hauser, who played Shawn nailed his role. Definitely a must-see.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I, Tonya

A little heavy on the soundtrack scenes, but excellent overall. Allison Janney was pure 100% beech mode, perfect performance. Margot Robbie as Tonya was great, of course. Paul Walter Hauser, who played Shawn nailed his role. Definitely a must-see.
                agree. watched that on the plane and had a couple giggle moments that had the middle easterners looking at mookie stranger than normally.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I, Tonya

Pretty much.

Comment

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Brief pointed review: 2nd best of the five. Fun!!!
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

It’s goung to be hard to beat the first especially given the technological marvel the first one was at the time.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

I had the exact opposite reaction... I thought it was hot garbage...

I know we have living Dinos here, so I take reality with a grain of salt... But I felt that the villains just went 100% Cartoon SuperVillian mode in this... Every move that was made just seemed so over the top "evil" in this...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          It’s goung to be hard to beat the first especially given the technological marvel the first one was at the time.
                          Absolutely agree. The original Jurassic Park to me was best, and I think closest to what Michael Crichton’s books conveyed.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            I had the exact opposite reaction... I thought it was hot garbage...

I know we have living Dinos here, so I take reality with a grain of salt... But I felt that the villains just went 100% Cartoon SuperVillian mode in this... Every move that was made just seemed so over the top "evil" in this...
                            I don’t disagree on the villains but it just felt right to me as a whole. As close to Michael Crichton as we’ll get after the original movie.

There are still 3 cringeworthy/embarrassing moments in the movie imo but far less than ep 2,3 and4. I guess i’m Grading on a curve😀

Comment

Saw the 3 billboards. Rather awesome

The post was ok. Seemed odd.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Saw the 3 billboards. Rather awesome

The post was ok. Seemed odd.
                                Loved 3 Billboards!

The Post is good imo as a movie, horribly off base re: history. There’s a wonderful article that breaks down the terrible mistakes/omissions they made. I’ll post it later when I find it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X