• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    It was great.
    And I still don’t see Tonya as a victim. Just can’t
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Agreed, although she is not the villian she was made out to be, if that makes sense.
    Tonya is not a victim, but also not a monster. She brought it on herself in several ways, most of all by continuing to forgive and tolerate Jeff Gilooly's abuse, and keeping him in her life.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Thought you didn’t go for older stuff
      You know what mookie?

Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Solo review: meh at best.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          I figure with these background/extra movies, as long as they don't completely eff it up, I'm good with it. I don't expect ZOMGBBQ.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'll wait for it to pop up on Delta Studio in the fall.

Comment

Wow...you seemed pretty jazzed about it.

I might see it cause of MoviePass but I am in no rush.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Wow...you seemed pretty jazzed about it.

I might see it cause of MoviePass but I am in no rush.
                I was very excited, especially with Lawrence Kasdan having penned the script. The acting was very good all around. The story/script imo was godawful.

ymmv

my friends liked it so maybe i’m a curmudgeon.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  I just got home from it. Either it was dinner be on purpose or the theater messed up, but the picture want the clearest. Were they doing a throwback to the original movie in terms of general aesthetics or was it the theater screwing up its picture?

Either way, I had fun with the movie, though it was hardly a great film. The callbacks were fun, and even tossing in some things that originated in the TV shows was surprising.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

At 5pm ET, TCM is showing "The Best Years of Our Lives." If you've never watched it, use it as your Stanley Cup warmup. It is one of those movies that will never be consigned to the dust bin.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      At 5pm ET, TCM is showing "The Best Years of Our Lives." If you've never watched it, use it as your Stanley Cup warmup. It is one of those movies that will never be consigned to the dust bin.
                      It is a very tough watch.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Please God, NO!!!!!!!!!!

@nbcwashington: Feeling the need for speed? Tom Cruise is back on the flight line for a sequel to the 1986 film "Top Gun." http://nbc4dc.com/fC4dzxK
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wanted:
                          Redonkulous over-the-top action movie where a guy joins a group of assassins that has been around for centuries. Bizarrely entertaining.

Pickpockets:
                          A couple of nickle-and-dimer pickpockets gets spotted by a master, and they learn his ways. It's a decent watch.

American Heist:
                          Paint-by-the-numbers movie, where an ex-con who has gone straight is lured back into one more caper that his just-released-from-prison brother is into. Predictable.

Small Town Crime:
                          A defamed alcoholic ex-cop finds an almost dead woman in the desert, decides to try and find her killer. Pretty standard crime thriller, doesn't sugar-coat the main character, and has some dark humor lines in there. Better than AH, though.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Please God, NO!!!!!!!!!!

@nbcwashington: Feeling the need for speed? Tom Cruise is back on the flight line for a sequel to the 1986 film "Top Gun." http://nbc4dc.com/fC4dzxK
                            He confirmed that like a year ago. No one is excited...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Rimetti a noi i nostri debiti (Forgive Us Our Debts), Netflix streaming

A man struggling under the crushing weight of debt must work as a tax collector to pay off his creditors.

Very solid self-discovery movie. Italian with subtitles. A red herring or two thrown in there, and of course a twist at the end. If you can handle subtitles, go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                He confirmed that like a year ago. No one is excited...
                                I am. But, I know it'll suck.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X