X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn >>> bunch of annoying Brits doing Parkour.
    A guy convinces a girl that she's someone else so he can bang her.

Wonderful premise.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      A guy convinces a girl that she's someone else so he can bang her.

Wonderful premise.
      Uh. Earth to Brent. That’s kind of how our species manages to stick around.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Uh. Earth to Brent. That’s called life.
        Doesn't make it right, especially when it's sh*y acting.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Uh. Earth to Brent. That’s kind of how our species manages to stick around.
          And the kid is a goaltender.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So Comcast just launched a bid to stop the Disney fox deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              So Comcast just launched a bid to stop the Disney fox deal.
              They have been making moves for months to try and make it fall through but I don't think it is going to work...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Masaan:

Four lives intersect along the Ganges: a low caste boy hopelessly in love, a daughter ridden with guilt of a sexual encounter ending in a tragedy, a hapless father with fading morality, and a spirited child yearning for a family, long to escape the moral constructs of a small-town.

Indian movie (no sh*), so subtitles. It was slow and a little meandering, but a good watch, explaining how the old culture sometimes clashes with the new progressive generation. A little softened, if anything, on the ways the culture impacts women, but still gets the message across.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  They have been making moves for months to try and make it fall through but I don't think it is going to work...
                  The Comcast bid is $60,000,000,000.00

Cash.

The Disney bid was $52 billion in cash and stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Cash.

Given what I expect the Disney stock to do, I still think the Disney offer would be better.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Cash.

Man I didnt hear that. I just knew they were trying to buy up various stations that were part of the deal in hopes it crashed. (not sure they ever went through with it though) $60 billion cash is nutso and I am not sure Fox could say no even if they wanted to

So if AT&T/Time Warner goes through and either Fox deal goes through (and the expected CBS/Viacom merger) that is a seismic shift in Hollywood all at once. I wonder what the loser of the Fox deal does next.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 05-08-2018, 11:47 AM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Given what I expect the Disney stock to do, I still think the Disney offer would be better.
                        Maybe, but Comcast offered $65 billion in stock last year trying to buy Fox and it was turned down. Murdoch prefers stock to cash...but the rest of the shareholders might not care.

What is blowing up the Disney deal is what is happening with Sky. Comcast making a play to buy them ($30 billion cash) which is a huge part of what Disney wants out of the deal.

BTW the $60 billion is just an estimate based on bridge loans...they could go higher.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Given a choice between a chunk of Comcast stock and Disney stock, give me Disney.

However, if Comcast wants to give me $60B in cash I'll just buy $8B in stock and be ahead.

Comment

Coming to a theater near you, Bill & Ted 3.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              Coming to a theater near you, Bill & Ted 3.
                              I find this extremely comforting.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Given a choice between a chunk of Comcast stock and Disney stock, give me Disney.

However, if Comcast wants to give me $60B in cash I'll just buy $8B in stock and be ahead.
                                Exactly. The Disney stock is just being used as a tax free way to get money to the shareholders. (that is why Murdoch wants that over cash) I believe Disney gives them the stock then buys it back from them at the agreed upon price so they dont have to pay the taxes they would with a cash sale.

Plus, if the deal falls through Disney stock will take a minor hit so in theory Fox shareholders could get it at a better price anyways and then just sit on it and make a windfall.

This is going to be interesting...I wonder what Comcast will do if they dont get Fox. Not many other studios/networks to go after.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X