X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Also, I watched LA Confidential this weekend. It was good. Not half as good as I was expecting though.
    working through the oldies.....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I thought maybe I could go ancient this week and watch something from the 70s or one of those silent films from the 60s
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I thought maybe I could go ancient this week and watch something from the 70s or one of those silent films from the 60s
        Speaking of silents, the Lillian Gish version of The Scarlet Letter (1926) was on TCM this weekend. It is beautiful and the direction is amazing. Also, she is so lovely even those awful 20s hairstlyes can't ruin it.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

if A is for anal, it’s on the wrong side...
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

MoviePass revived the Unlimited Plan...my guess is when Infinity Wars dies down (or after Solo) they will get rid of he "see a movie once" rule as well.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

After 30 years, I just noticed something.

At 1:34, Sebastian very clearly smiles.

Why?

He may just charmed by and proud of his boss's brilliance, much like Marcus' smile at Indy at 3:52 here. But could there be something else?

I have also always wondered: why does Roy kill Sebastian? That has always seemed extremely out of character to me. Or does the senselessness and cruelty of that death set up his magnanimity in letting Deckard go?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                MoviePass revived the Unlimited Plan...my guess is when Infinity Wars dies down (or after Solo) they will get rid of he "see a movie once" rule as well.
                Good.

I noticed that my email from MoviePass gets dumped into my spam folder. It turns out MP is directing customers towards the abysmal Overboard remake this weekend. If people go to the theater Friday and find their MP doesn't work for Infinity War...

Comment

Wow Overboard must be horrific. Absolutely zero critic screenings, no reviews on RT and an IMDB audience score of 3.2/10. It isn't playing in any theaters within 30 miles of me.

Tomorrow I begin my new job in the movie biz. Sort of. I'm an "independent contractor" who goes to theaters in the area and does a few different things depending on what the client wants. In this case, going to a theater and reporting back to verify that the advertisements played before the movies and that the picture and sound quality are good.

I like the idea of getting paid to go to the movies.

Comment

That would be a lot of fun

As for Overboard...why that movie was made I will never know. It is bad enough they are remaking it anyways but Anna Farris is awful...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      That would be a lot of fun

As for Overboard...why that movie was made I will never know. It is bad enough they are remaking it anyways but Anna Farris is awful...
                      The original sucked in the first place. Such a horrible movie.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        The original sucked in the first place. Such a horrible movie.
                        You must really enjoy being wrong all the time...

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          You must really enjoy being wrong all the time...

Overboard, along with Bird On A Wire, were horrible movies made for the ignorant masses. Even for a thoughtless movie, they were terrible.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Kingsman: Golden Circle

Absolutely redonkulous. I think any action movie starring The Rock is more believable, even for a movie such as this. Supporting actor/actress appearances/cameos were just for the lulz, nothing more, it was that blatant.

And it was delicious. Grab the biggest bucket of popcorn you can, and strap in. What a fun movie.

Comment

Saw Infinity War again tonight. Another packed house. In his review Matt Atchity said he saw Aurebesh on a computer screen but the scene went by too quickly for me to see. Will have to wait for the Blu-ray.

One question, not really a spoiler since everyone knows Thanos has the gauntlet.... Why didn't they just cut off his arm?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Saw Infinity War again tonight. Another packed house. In his review Matt Atchity said he saw Aurebesh on a computer screen but the scene went by too quickly for me to see. Will have to wait for the Blu-ray.

One question, not really a spoiler since everyone knows Thanos has the gauntlet.... Why didn't they just cut off his arm?
                                Well, (spoiler)

Since Strange only found one outcome out of a billion or so where they won, he kind of half-assed his effort to force things down that path
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X