This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Infinity Wars was very good in parts, meh in parts. The CGI fight sequences were so boring I literally fell asleep during the big brawl at the end.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Infinity Wars was very good in parts, meh in parts. The CGI fight sequences were so boring I literally fell asleep during the big brawl at the end.
      You did your part though... Looks like the opening will be in the $245-250 million range

I've been keeping an eye on the AMC app to try and sneak in a 2nd showing for myself and every show thats before 11pm has been 95%+ sold (all reserved seat theaters by me). I'm sure Marcus and Cinemark are the same way... This was really the thing to do this weekend and I'm in awe at this
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        You did your part though... Looks like the opening will be in the $245-250 million range

I've been keeping an eye on the AMC app to try and sneak in a 2nd showing for myself and every show thats before 11pm has been 95%+ sold (all reserved seat theaters by me). I'm sure Marcus and Cinemark are the same way... This was really the thing to do this weekend and I'm in awe at this
        I read $650MM worldwide, and it hasn't opened in China yet.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I snagged a single on this upcoming Saturday at 7 pm in the ultrascreen with the nice recliners dead center in the theater 😁
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Also, I watched LA Confidential this weekend. It was good. Not half as good as I was expecting though.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I read $650MM worldwide, and it hasn't opened in China yet.
              Yep... It's this and Star Wars and is basically unprecedented. Disney made the right call six weeks ago to open globally on April 27th... They'll get all the press for doing so. Now to see how much it drops off next weekend. Most blockbusters seem to want to fall off less than 50% for their 2nd weekend domestic box office. A 70% fall still nets Avengers $75 million next weekend
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I snagged a single on this upcoming Saturday at 7 pm in the ultrascreen with the nice recliners dead center in the theater 😁
                Dead center seat, about 2/3 towards the back of the theater (so, 1/3 behind me, 2/3 in front) is my prime seat. Gonna start scouting Deadpool 2 seats. Gonna have to see that in the theater.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Dead center seat, about 2/3 towards the back of the theater (so, 1/3 behind me, 2/3 in front) is my prime seat. Gonna start scouting Deadpool 2 seats. Gonna have to see that in the theater.
                  Yup - I read a book by Kevin Murphy (of Mystery Science Theater 3000 fame) and he talks about the best place to sit. He agrees with us.

Comment

Gummo

I got nothin'. Just a weird movie.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I saw it at 8:00AM yesterday. The theater was packed. We picked up the tickets late Saturday, and chose that time because it was an "Early Bird Special," which is not the same as a matinee price, which I don't think really exists around my parts anymore. Every show after 9:00AM was at least $3 more.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Game Over, Man!

Raunchy idiotic comedy where three friends are on the verge of getting their video game financed when their benefactor is taken hostage by terrorists.

Some hits, some misses, and it is mindless, and also exactly what I was looking for tonight. There really is no cinematic quality to this movie, and I'm sure it would help to be under the influence of something. That being said, it never pretended to be anything but what it is. Depending on your mood, take a chance.

Comment

Game Over, Man!

Raunchy idiotic comedy where three friends are on the verge of getting their video game financed when their benefactor is taken hostage by terrorists.

Some hits, some misses, and it is mindless, and also exactly what I was looking for tonight. There really is no cinematic quality to this movie, and I'm sure it would help to be under the influence of something. That being said, it never pretended to be anything but what it is. Depending on your mood, take a chance.
                          That's the Workaholics guys, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            That's the Workaholics guys, right?
                            From what I read on imdb, yes. Never watched Workaholics.

Comment

Workaholics was up and down but when it was on it was funny as hell!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Workaholics was up and down but when it was on it was funny as hell!
                                Kinda what I felt with this movie. Obvious jokes were obvious, but when they hit....gut laugh. So idiotic, but hey, made me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X