• Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    A fair justification. I use it often.
    Unrelated:

Rock Of Ages: awesomely horrible.
    Machete: horribly awesome.

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Goonies was awful and it’s two hours I’ll never get back.

Unlike Arrival.

Arrival was incredible. So beautifully done. I loved the way the pieces fell into place. The movie was the language. Complex, impossible to understand. Until you do. Then it’s just incredible.

I can’t wait to watch this again after I’ve had some time.
      You need to stop drinking. Let me guess you watched Goonies in your 20s or 30s right? Cause no one who was a kid watching it thinks like you do.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I just can’t like the goonies. I didn’t grow up in the 80s so I’m guessing that’s part of it. Kind of like how I hate A Christmas Story. Neither are worth watching. I’ve tried both. On multiple occasions. And I think you just had to watch them as a kid in the 80s or you will never like them.

Neither are good movies. They’re nostalgic claptrap. Ten Things I Hate About Uou will likely never catch on with younger generations. It’s crap, but it’s one of my favorite movies and a quintessential 90s movie. But it’s not good.

That’s how I feel about Goonies and ACS.
        Dont lump in Goonies with ACS...Goonies is about kids having an adventure. Christmas Story is just awful and serves no purpose beyond being a replacement for the Yule Log
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I hate all of you all! Dissing Christmas Story AND Goonies?! Do you WANT me to become suicidal? Wait, don't answer that.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I hate all of you all! Dissing Christmas Story AND Goonies?! Do you WANT me to become suicidal? Wait, don't answer that.
            Watch something uplifting. May I recommend the last hour of Apollo 13? The part where Jim Lowell's mom says they could put a toaster in space and her Jimmy could land it. **** yeah mama Lowell.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Watch something uplifting. May I recommend the last hour of Apollo 13? The part where Jim Lowell's mom says they could put a toaster in space and her Jimmy could land it. **** yeah mama Lowell.
              Miracle. Brooks in the corridor. Gets me every time. Lots of dust. LOTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Dont lump in Goonies with ACS...Goonies is about kids having an adventure. Christmas Story is just awful and serves no purpose beyond being a replacement for the Yule Log
                I can and will.

Those movies stink 💩
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I like A Christmas Story a ton, but don't think it is any good. The Goonies sucks.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    "If they could get a washing machine to fly, my Jimmy could land it."
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I can and will.

Those movies stink 💩
                      Pictured: Dx.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

. h
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Pictured: Dx.
                          Hahahahahahahha

More hair though
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I don’t know that I’ve ever worn a vest though.
                            Code:

Comment

Saw Ready Player One.

It's a fun two hours filled with all sorts of pop culture references that I enjoyed. The story was kinda paint by numbers and there weren't really any twists that I didn't see coming, but it kept my attention. I do feel that the "real" world stuff was kind of bland compared to what happened inside the Oasis and that switching between the two worlds was kinda clunky (specifically Parzival falling around in the van and having trouble because of that). Overall though, I just kept grabbing handfuls of popcorn and enjoyed the ride. I think you do have to be somewhat nerdy to get a good chunk of the references that were made, but they aren't super complex if you have just passing knowledge of the subject matter. Also think that Spielberg nailed some of the commentary on what it's like being a geek
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Black Panther is now the #4 domestic film ever. Sometime Friday afternoon it will pass Titanic and become the #3 film, crossing the $660 million mark.

The film also has cracked the top 10 worldwide. The film's total is now $1.279 billion knocking Frozen from the ranks.

Disney has six of the all-time domestic and five of the global top 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X