X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Survivor's Guide To Prison:

Documentary, heavily biased I might add, rails against the US prison system. I will say it does offer a grim picture and offers solutions, using a lot of stats and personal experience. However, there is a LOT of blame going on, also, and not accepting responsibility. For example, one guy got busted on trafficking charges for LSD.

He admitted he was using it, and reimbursed his friend (no profit, just cost) to get it. Well, that's a crime. Did the punishment fit? No. But it was still a crime, and he didn't accept the full responsibility for that, IMO. That sort of thing.

Still, it's very much worth watching, and seeing the reality vs what the news and tv shows show us.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      The Death of Stalin

Black comedy about the power struggle within the upper echelons of Soviet politics after Stalin kicks the bucket. It had a good ensemble cast, and overall I enjoyed it.
      Netflix?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Netflix?
        Eventually. I have it saved in my queue right now.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Netflix?
          Worth going out to an art theater -- it's Emmy Bait for the smarties.

Srsly, though -- VERY, very funny. Steve Buscemi is fantastic.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Yep, that's the one. Lots of people didn't know what to exactly make of it, which made me curious.
            Huh. It was very straightforward. There's nothing about it to lose people. That's... strange.

Think Harold and Maude meets Last King of Scotland.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I thought Thanos "snapped" him away ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/03/a...ng-attack.html
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Hands Of Stone:

Biopic on Roberto Duran. I have to imagine it's stylized a little, but very good movie. It doesn't sugarcoat Duran, even though it elevates him throughout the movie. It was a nice balance. The guy who plays Duran was awesome, and DeNiro doesn't mail it in, as he has for many of his later movies (this came out in 2016). Even if you are not a boxing fan, interesting story.

Comment

Solo:

Had everything I would have wanted from a prequel Han Solo movie. My biggest complaint was it was hard to watch because everything was so dark (not mood, color) all the time on the screen. I liked it better than 1, 2, 3, 6, and 3.5.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Might be worth a look see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7rlUe-Thvk
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Dafoe's turn as "The Joker"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C_E6E0UTqo

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        You realize that isnt real right?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          You realize that isnt real right?
                          Apparently not. What's up?

Nevermind. Looked it up. :/
                          Last edited by SonofSouthie; 06-06-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Blood Stripe:

The trials and tribulations of a female combat veteran and her battle with vigorous PTSD.

VERY good movie for the first hour (hour and a half movie) then it kind of went off the rails. Pointless plot twist, meandered into nowhere, no real conclusion to the movie, you are left guessing (but have a good idea). The makers of this movie just kind of lost direction as it went on, and that's too bad.

Bonus: as far as I can tell, it was filmed in MN. IMDB/Wiki has no info on that part, from what I found, unless I'm not looking in the right areas....

Comment

The Darkest Hour

Excellent movie, Oldman is gold. The secretary, forget her name/she was the girl in Baby Driver, was also very good. To be honest, the entire cast did a good job, which goes to show how far good writing and directing can go. Definitely recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                The Darkest Hour

Excellent movie, Oldman is gold. The secretary, forget her name/she was the girl in Baby Driver, was also very good. To be honest, the entire cast did a good job, which goes to show how far good writing and directing can go. Definitely recommend.
                                Oldman is very good. The story is predictable, and as I said, it should be called Churchill's Speech, just like the Colin Firth movie about George VI. It's basically the same plot, but instead of a stuttering problem, Churchill has a support problem.

Looking at it another way, it's the British politics answer to Dunkirk.

Comment

Working...
                                X