• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Mookie was in a plane for 15hrs Tuesday

I, tonya — funny. Laughed out loud at points

Last Jedi — story was recycled from every other Star Wars movie. Eh

Death of Stalin — good watch. Always find buschimi does good work. Stupid funny lines.

Muder on the orient express— enjoyed the presentation.

Raiders of the lost arc - had to. Classic and it’s been awhile
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Watched American Made last night. Really well done.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Watched Of Human Bondage last night. Don't know who I wanted to strangle more, Bette Davis or Leslie Howard.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          Watched Of Human Bondage last night. Don't know who I wanted to strangle more, Bette Davis or Leslie Howard.
          Currently watching a youngish Leslie Howard in The Animal Kingdom. He's actually great when he plays against type (where type is Ashley Wilkes).

I recommend TAK -- it is long fuse but so sharp you'll bleed from just glancing at it. And very, very true.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It’s tough to imagine the only breadth of semi-fresh air in Star Wars since 1981 was Last Jedi and that 1.3 billion seller has upset the fanboys so much...they absolutely hate Rian Johnson and only want more of the same. They want a 65-year old man fighting a 30-year old and more darth maul garbage. https://youtu.be/9KJggysvCys

Solo was a terrible idea for a movie as is/was Boba Fett. Kenobi would have been great because it’s a new story. What did he do for 30 years in hiding?

My hope is Johnson’s trilogy survives andcGOT guys trilogy survives. But the fanboys are already upset cause Johnson wants his set in a different galaxy...

https://youtu.be/9KJggysvCys
            Fuggin fanboys can jump in a sarlacc pit for all I care.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Not a movie but ****, WORMWOOD!!!

New information to me: the cia cut a deal with doj, Justice will not pursue cia officers/agents/assets who violate the cia charter or break our laws if national security can be invoked. Hum...that was 1953, Allen Dulles’ first year as director, what a smashing start he had.

Seymour Hersh? Coward. Abject coward. And he evidently believes the national security “story” must be adhered to (one he knows to be false) trumps the rights of victim and victim’s family. That’s sick.

I digress, if you like Cold War intrigue, cia/military mechinations, and the truth we used bio weapons in Korea this show is for you!
              Last edited by solovsfett; 06-21-2018, 10:02 AM.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                It’s tough to imagine the only breadth of semi-fresh air in Star Wars since 1981 was Last Jedi and that 1.3 billion seller has upset the fanboys so much...they absolutely hate Rian Johnson and only want more of the same. They want a 65-year old man fighting a 30-year old and more darth maul garbage. https://youtu.be/9KJggysvCys

Solo was a terrible idea for a movie as is/was Boba Fett. Kenobi would have been great because it’s a new story. What did he do for 30 years in hiding?

My hope is Johnson’s trilogy survives andcGOT guys trilogy survives. But the fanboys are already upset cause Johnson wants his set in a different galaxy...

I pretty much agree with all of this. The Last Jedi hate I don't get and the taking out of that anger on Solo which was a bad idea for a movie but not a bad film may derail the whole thing.

Too bad.

I guess the good news is I can take my interests elsewhere. The Last Jedi had finally given me something I was looking for.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

Since the movies are incorporating the cartoons, we know that sometime before Luke meets Kenobi, Kenobi had already killed Darth Maul - really killed. As in dead-dead from a light saber going vertical instead of horizontal this time. It was during the last season of the Star Wars: Rebels show.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Overwhelming urge to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dy7xQ8NeE
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Overwhelming urge to see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dy7xQ8NeE
                      Agree.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Since the movies are incorporating the cartoons, we know that sometime before Luke meets Kenobi, Kenobi had already killed Darth Maul - really killed. As in dead-dead from a light saber going vertical instead of horizontal this time. It was during the last season of the Star Wars: Rebels show.
                        I haven’t seen the cartoons so I can’t comment on them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Yeah but the problem is not many people watch the cartoons so when Maul shows up in a certain film seemingly out of the blue it makes less than zero sense.

Star Wars' problem is they are trying to put out way too many films and cant make up their mind who they want to cater to. Disney wants their cake and eat it too. They need to make a decision who they want to satisfy with these films and go with it. If these films are for a new generation than embrace that but stop trying to shoehorn in other films that tell stories of the past and just embrace the future.

And the problem with Last Jedi still isnt that they tried something new, it was that the story was terrible (oooh lets have a random OJ chase in space where everyone in the "Republic" looks like idiots and the New Order looks incompetent...oh and lets have a random side trip to a Monte Carlo Planet for no reason so the story really goes off the rails...and the weird fantasy stuff with Rey and Kylo) and it was how Luke was portrayed. Now that shouldnt have taken Solo down, and no matter what some people say it isnt what brought Solo down. What killed Solo was a combination of many things. Of all the characters fans wanted prequels for Han was not one of them. Part of his charm was you knew nothing about him. Also, it was only 5 months after TLJ and it was right in the middle of Avengers and Deadpool...not everyone wants to go see that many big epic films in a row or can afford to. (and oversees they dont care about Star Wars like we do especially Asia) Then there was the firing of the original directors when they had shot almost the entire film and then having Ron Howard reshoot a ridiculous amount of film. The budget numbers thrown around are nuts. That also lead to another big problem...advertising. Because of the director change and reshoots they couldnt even put out trailers to build up hype. Disney refused to move the date (stupid) so Howard was under a massive deadline and by the time trailers did show up people lost interest. Hell a lot of fans I knew didnt even know it was coming out when the first weekend hit.

Star Wars is not something to oversaturate the market with...it isnt Marvel. Part of what made it special was how you could wait years for a new film so it was an event every time. (even when the films were awful) Disney should go back to that, and they should decide once and for all to end all OT based stories with Episode IX. No more Kenobi, no more Boba Fett just stories that move the galaxy forward. If you want to tell Anthology stories tell them about new things like the Rise of the First Order or who Snoke is or the Knights of Ren.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 06-21-2018, 10:57 AM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Yeah but the problem is not many people watch the cartoons so when Maul shows up in a certain film seemingly out of the blue it makes less than zero sense.
                            To that end, Disney is trying to push its hard core audiences into purchasing its other media - the TV shows, the novels, the comics, etc. When there were only the comics and novels, I read the novels. I don't have much time for that anymore, so I'm not keeping up on all of it like I once did. Most people don't have either the time or the desire to go through all the minutia of Star Wars media, so tossing in Maul didn't make sense, like you said, while to others it just confirmed that the timeline was sometime after the midpoint of the Clone Wars and prior Luke meeting Kenobi in Ep. IV.

Solo, they made a quick reference to Aura Sing, a bounty hunter from the Clone Wars cartoon series. If you watched it, it was a quick nod to you. If you didn't watch it, it's a nearly throwaway line designed to set Woody Harrelson's character as a tough guy. That's how these references should be handled, not like Maul.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              To that end, Disney is trying to push its hard core audiences into purchasing its other media - the TV shows, the novels, the comics, etc. When there were only the comics and novels, I read the novels. I don't have much time for that anymore, so I'm not keeping up on all of it like I once did. Most people don't have either the time or the desire to go through all the minutia of Star Wars media, so tossing in Maul didn't make sense, like you said, while to others it just confirmed that the timeline was sometime after the midpoint of the Clone Wars and prior Luke meeting Kenobi in Ep. IV.

Solo, they made a quick reference to Aura Sing, a bounty hunter from the Clone Wars cartoon series. If you watched it, it was a quick nod to you. If you didn't watch it, it's a nearly throwaway line designed to set Woody Harrelson's character as a tough guy. That's how these references should be handled, not like Maul.
                              And therein lies another problem...Disney had these stories already with the EU and threw them away when they took them out of canon. Now that didnt tick me off much cause I can just go back and read books even if they arent part of the official story anymore but lots of fans got mad about it. Seems like a really strange decision because the EU gave Disney plenty of ideas in the same vein that comics give them thousands of stories to use for films. Hell they could have just made the Timothy Zahn books into films (Grand Admiral Thrawn's force >>>>>> New Order with Snoke) and they would have been golden. (not to mention they had a Han Solo prequel book and a Lando one) I think that was another mistake...

Agreed with you on how easter eggs should be handled. I totally missed the Aurra Sing one...though I didnt know her from Rebels.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                And therein lies another problem...Disney had these stories already with the EU and threw them away when they took them out of canon. Now that didnt tick me off much cause I can just go back and read books even if they arent part of the official story anymore but lots of fans got mad about it. Seems like a really strange decision because the EU gave Disney plenty of ideas in the same vein that comics give them thousands of stories to use for films. Hell they could have just made the Timothy Zahn books into films (Grand Admiral Thrawn's force >>>>>> New Order with Snoke) and they would have been golden. (not to mention they had a Han Solo prequel book and a Lando one) I think that was another mistake...

Agreed with you on how easter eggs should be handled. I totally missed the Aurra Sing one...though I didnt know her from Rebels.
                                The EU novels had to go. There were over 160 of them, and there were massive amounts of contradictions between them because one author would get a hard on for a specific character, and negate something else that was already established. Or a new movie came out, and Lucas mostly didn't care what the books said, but he must've read a few because catching Force lightning on a light saber was from the books, as was the name for a few of the planets in the prequels.

That said, Disney is keeping a lot of EU stuff in the new movies. It mostly shows up in terminology, but there are a few other things they kept - like Luke's Force ability at the end of the TLJ, and the ship classification for the Millennium Falcon.

Comment

Working...
                                X