X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes:

Finally got to the reboots (only saw the very first original one many years ago, not really my style, but it was good). Really liked this one. You actually cared about the characters, even if it was a popcorn movie. So dumb question: where do I go from here, and in what order? I figure some folks on here can guide me. Thank you in advance!
    Rise -> Dawn -> War

I love all 3. War should have made way more money than it did it is a great film.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Rise -> Dawn -> War

I love all 3. War should have made way more money than it did it is a great film.
      Thanks! Unfortunately, looks like I'm going to have to go the disc route on Netflix for these, but that's okay.

The Outsider:

Jared Leto stars as a prisoner in Japan, post-WWII. In exchange for his freedom, he works with the Yakuza, and eventually adopts their ways. Obviously some "Shogun" inspirations here. I thought it was pretty good. Did a decent job of explaining the basics of the Yakuza for people who don't know, some good foreshadowing, and a decent ending.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Bullet Head:

Adrian Brody, John Malkovich, and Antonio Banderas star in it. A couple of crooks think their biggest danger is avoiding the police after a botched heist. Nope.

Frankly, it's a better done Cujo, with some other added dangers mixed in. The first half of the movie is spectacular, total character study movie, much like Reservoir Dogs sort of thing. Then it goes a bit downhill. Not enough to ruin the movie, but enough to not REALLY like it. Pretty much can see the ending a mile away. Flip a coin on whether you want to be let down a little or not.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I think this is the third or fourth trailer for DP2. Coupla more and I won't have to see the movie.

NSFW(language).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86R...ature=youtu.be
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Rise -> Dawn -> War

Dawn was pretty sweet. Can't wait until War. Thank you, once again!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Dawn was pretty sweet. Can't wait until War. Thank you, once again!
              These are the 00s and not the 70s?

The new ones costumes are too evolved (human). The fight club girl and dude who is in everything but name escapes mookie were scary weird human looking in the first marky mark remake )
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Pacific Rim Uprising

Fun movie. Great effects. Ok story. Lots of action.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  These are the 00s and not the 70s?

The new ones costumes are too evolved (human). The fight club girl and dude who is in everything but name escapes mookie were scary weird human looking in the first marky mark remake )
                  Yeah, the new ones. I couldn't get into the old ones, and I knew there were a bunch of remakes, I think at least two origin story reboots, so there was my confusion on how to watch them. Haven't seen the one with Helena Bonham-Carter, dunno if that was needed. Saw that "Rise" was a prequel, so just started with that.

Comment

Last night, at my daughter’s school the principal did a screening of Screenagers.

I walked out 20 minutes in. JFC what an idiotic documentary.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Pacific Rim Uprising

Fun movie. Great effects. Ok story. Lots of action.
                      (Kepler-on-the-road) What did you think of the first one?
                      Last edited by Anne85; 03-25-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anne85 View Post
                        (Kepler-on-the-road) What did you think of the first one?
                        Same. I liked #2 slightly more.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Same. I liked #2 slightly more.
                          (Kepler-on-the-road) I really, really, really wanted to like the first one. Such a great concept. But the acting, plot and writing made it next to unwatchable for me. It was just on TV today and I couldn't stand more than a few minutes of it.

Comment

I actually fell asleep for a minute in the theater when I saw Pacific Rim and I was super jazzed for that movie. This movie looks like Transformers...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I walked out of the first Pacific Rim. First time in years that I did that.

Comment

I actually fell asleep for a minute in the theater when I saw Pacific Rim and I was super jazzed for that movie. This movie looks like Transformers...
                                I've fallen asleep in a couple of the comic book movies during the "action" scenes. They're mind-numbingly boring.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X