X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Anything with "School" in the title, has sucked since the 80s.

Also, on DL flights, I have a tendency to watch the heavy sh*t that I haven't seen yet.
    That's the point, on the "School" movies. They are horribly awesome: Rock of Ages, Road House......
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Anything with "School" in the title, has sucked since the 80s.

Also, on DL flights, I have a tendency to watch the heavy sh*t that I haven't seen yet.
      I was in the mood to laugh.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        On the flight to Paris I went with this three films:

How I got into College (Savage Steve Holland underrated flick)
        Back to School
        Summer School

No idea why but I love all three films for different reasons and I laughed a ton whilst not sleeping on the plane.
        How I Got into College, is that the one where the nerd tries to get into the Ivy school while also helping his high school crush? IIRC, there's also the football kid with the glasses who's been highly recruited.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          How I Got into College, is that the one where the nerd tries to get into the Ivy school while also helping his high school crush? IIRC, there's also the football kid with the glasses who's been highly recruited.
          Yes Marlon tries to help Jessica Kailo (Laura Flynn Boyle before when she had a real face) into Ramsey. (not Ivy League but a good school) And the football player was also in The Program and Necessary Roughness.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Secretariat:

Disneyfied in the background, mostly. But the performances were very close to fact. People talk about unbreakable records in sports, and while I don't consider horse-racing a sport, the 31 length gap at the Belmont is unbreakable. This horse was a machine.

For example, upon autopsy, the vet found that Based on Sham's measurement, and having necropsied both horses, he estimated Secretariat's heart probably weighed 22 pounds (10.0 kg), or about 2.5 times that of the average horse (8.5 pounds (3.9 kg)). That's insane.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Secretariat:

Disneyfied in the background, mostly. But the performances were very close to fact. People talk about unbreakable records in sports, and while I don't consider horse-racing a sport, the 31 length gap at the Belmont is unbreakable. This horse was a machine.

For example, upon autopsy, the vet found that Based on Sham's measurement, and having necropsied both horses, he estimated Secretariat's heart probably weighed 22 pounds (10.0 kg), or about 2.5 times that of the average horse (8.5 pounds (3.9 kg)). That's insane.
              Movie dripping with saccharine, no doubt. But, I also enjoyed it. Just a good story. My favorite performance was Nelsan Ellis' Eddie. He was a good actor, shame he's gone already.

"There you go, Red!"
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Movie dripping with saccharine, no doubt. But, I also enjoyed it. Just a good story. My favorite performance was Nelsan Ellis' Eddie. He was a good actor, shame he's gone already.

"There you go, Red!"
                I knew what I was in for, and still enjoyed it. Horses...they know. I don't know why, but they know. My first lesson was to watch the ears. If they are turned back...they are confused, maybe fearful. Ears forward, they good. Yes, noticeable in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  I knew what I was in for, and still enjoyed it. Horses...they know. I don't know why, but they know. My first lesson was to watch the ears. If they are turned back...they are confused, maybe fearful. Ears forward, they good. Yes, noticeable in the movie.
                  pretty much same for a dog or a cat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Secretariat:
                    People talk about unbreakable records in sports, and while I don't consider horse-racing a sport, the 31 length gap at the Belmont is unbreakable. This horse was a machine. .
                    According to Chick Anderson, a tremendous machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfCMtaNiMDM&t=200s
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Don't where to put this, so just posting here:

Marathoned Bill Burr's standup over the last couple days. Holy hell is he funny. Nitpick: given I marathoned it, some bits are repeated, although sometimes expanded on, depending on the special, but man, hilarious. He's like an angry Christopher Titus.

Comment

Don't where to put this, so just posting here:

Marathoned Bill Burr's standup over the last couple days. Holy hell is he funny. Nitpick: given I marathoned it, some bits are repeated, although sometimes expanded on, depending on the special, but man, hilarious. He's like an angry Christopher Titus.
                        If you want to see more Bill Burr check out his animated series 'F is for Family' on Netflix. It's about growing up in the early 70's. He voices the family patriarch.

He also appears on an episode of 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' also on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigus Paulus View Post
                          If you want to see more Bill Burr check out his animated series 'F is for Family' on Netflix. It's about growing up in the early 70's. He voices the family patriarch.

He also appears on an episode of 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' also on Netflix.
                          I've seen him in bit performances before, always liked him, just never heard his stand up. Heard about F/Family, and I'm picky, really picky, on animation. Either way, I guess I just didn't realize HOW funny he was until I saw his stand up. Good Lord.

Comment

Ears pinned just walk up side saddle and rub right up behind front shoulder. Feed em grass... friend for life. But don't show fear and awkward... and by all means don't go near rear when ears are pinned.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                              Ears pinned just walk up side saddle and rub right up behind front shoulder. Feed em grass... friend for life. But don't show fear and awkward... and by all means don't go near rear when ears are pinned.
                              Exactly. You want to calm them. Rub the top of the head if you're riding them, or if on the ground, what you said. Make them comfortable. At ease.

Comment

I am groot.

Comment

Working...
                                X