• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, Kathleen Turner

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/kathl...versation.html

@BillSimmons: I plowed through this. Mid-80s Me had a massive massive crush on KT. You can make a case that...

1. Body Heat created the modern erotic thriller
    2. KT was the most entertaining actress of the 1980s.
    3. No actress in the past 50 years had a cooler/more distinctive voice.
    Wow. What she says about Elizabeth Taylor in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf is eye opening. One of my top20 films of all time and she tore it to shreds. Gave me a new perspective. Maybe I should read or go see the play.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Certainly one of the top small tlttled actresses qualified as a sex symbol.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Certainly one of the top small tlttled actresses qualified as a sex symbol.
        Then she co-starred in Californication and while hilarious, also disturbing.

(paraphrased) Let's do some coke. I can't snort it, so you're gonna have to help me out. Ever hear of Coke in a can?"
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Then she co-starred in Californication and while hilarious, also disturbing.

(paraphrased) Let's do some coke. I can't snort it, so you're gonna have to help me out. Ever hear of Coke in a can?"
          Collini...out.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Collini...out.
            She nailed that role.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              She nailed that role.
              She nailed my cousin in that role
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                She nailed my cousin in that role
                Huh?

She strapped one on and banged yer cousin??

That’s awesome!!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Remember:
                  With the aid of a fellow Auschwitz survivor and a hand-written letter, an elderly man with dementia goes in search of the person he believes to be responsible for the death of his family in the death camp to kill him himself.

Starring Christopher Plummer and Martin Landau. Friggin' amazing movie. Plummer nails all things related to the character's conditions and emotions. Powerful, and you are just drooling to see how the ending turns out. Highly recommend.

Comment

Saw Equalizer 2 and Mission Impossible: Fallout. Equalizer 2 was very solid, in a few ways better than the first but overall a notch below. MI was awesome and while very over the top was worthy of a lot of the praise it got. Incidentally saw the trailer for Bumblebee before MI...wow that looks 10 different shades of awful.

Oh and cause I couldnt sleep the other night I watched Terminator: Genysis. It was an interesting concept and with a better script and directing could have been a pretty solid flick...as it was it was ok and pretty much irrelevant since James Cameron's new film is throwing out everything after T2. Oh and I know this will tick off the GOT nerds but I have now seen Emilia Clark in two big budget sci-fi films and she is just completely unimpressive.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Oh and I know this will tick off the GOT nerds but I have now seen Emilia Clark in two big budget sci-fi films and she is just completely unimpressive.
                      I like her character on GoT, but I've never been impressed with the actress herself.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I like her character on GoT, but I've never been impressed with the actress herself.
                        Pretty much.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Saw Equalizer 2 and Mission Impossible: Fallout. Equalizer 2 was very solid, in a few ways better than the first but overall a notch below. MI was awesome and while very over the top was worthy of a lot of the praise it got. Incidentally saw the trailer for Bumblebee before MI...wow that looks 10 different shades of awful.

Oh and cause I couldnt sleep the other night I watched Terminator: Genysis. It was an interesting concept and with a better script and directing could have been a pretty solid flick...as it was it was ok and pretty much irrelevant since James Cameron's new film is throwing out everything after T2. Oh and I know this will tick off the GOT nerds but I have now seen Emilia Clark in two big budget sci-fi films and she is just completely unimpressive.
                          I liked her just fine in SOLO.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Farenheit 11/9. (f-bomb or 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxrEzYqD3lU
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Moore's entire shtick is "owning the cons" the same way a Trump voter thinks he "owns the libs" - with lame stunts that aren't even an insult to those targeted.

I'm sure everyone who posts at Democratic Underground will go see it three times.

Comment

Mississippi Grind:
                                Down on his luck and facing financial hardship, Gerry teams up with younger charismatic poker player, Curtis, in an attempt to change his luck. The two set off on a road trip through the South with visions of winning back what's been lost.

Decent movie, there were really only two ways to end it, though. Of course, and this is repeated throughout the movie: "The destination is the journey." And I will say, the journey was interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X