Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

I just came from a private showing of Rampage. Not that I won a contest or anything, I was just the only person in the theater. It was bad. Really, really bad. And not the good kind of bad, where you laugh at the characters or have mindless fun for two hours. This seemed like a slog. Even though the Rock has charisma off the charts he couldn't save this piece of ****. It's saying something that the only character with whom he had any chemistry was the CGI gorilla. I'm just glad I had MoviePass and didn't spend money on this.

Still better than that awful Godzilla film that came out a few years ago. (And by all accounts Kong Skull Island too)

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Still better than that awful Godzilla film that came out a few years ago. (And by all accounts Kong Skull Island too)
    Didn't see Godzilla and Kong was meh. Had a good sound track though.

Lucia Apologist

Palme d’or or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Palme d’or or bust!

Really.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post

Really.
    Ebert was the best at rating movies for what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Ebert was the best at rating movies for what they were.
    Yes, he was. He knew something like "Taken" wasn't going for any "film community" awards, and would rate it as such.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Yes, he was. He knew something like "Taken" wasn't going for any "film community" awards, and would rate it as such.
    True dat.
    We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

I have a soft spot for KSI. I watched it at about 2 am when I was at the very lowest point of an acute case of bronchitis, could not sleep from the racking cough, and felt like sh-t, and that movie was comfortable like chicken soup.
    We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Lucia Apologist

I know Jiro is a favorite documentary on Netflix to many, but I still think Valley Uprising is my personal favorite.

Highly recommended to everyone.

wubba lubba dub dub

Walking Tall is with Walken, right? Because that sh* is pure mindless entertainment.
    No, that movie is The Rundown, with the Rock, Walken as the bad guy, and Sean William "STIFLER" Scott as the second half of the good-guys buddy duo.

ETA: Walking Tall is the Rock as an army vet coming home after medical discharge (knee). He then finds that his hometown is rundown due to the sawmill owners turning corrupt (Lt. Buck Compton from Band of Brothers).
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    No, that movie is The Rundown, with the Rock, Walken as the bad guy, and Sean William "STIFLER" Scott as the second half of the good-guys buddy duo.

ETA: Walking Tall is the Rock as an army vet coming home after medical discharge (knee). He then finds that his hometown is rundown due to the sawmill owners turning corrupt (Lt. Buck Compton from Band of Brothers).
    Thaaaaat's right. My bad. For some reason, I keep getting those titles mixed up. "The Rundown" is pure popcorn fun. I really enjoy that movie.

Already insane, UAA making it worse

In case you were wondering, the Blockbuster here in Anchorage has decided to accept John Oliver’s offer of Russel Crowe’s leather jock strap.

International Spy

Thaaaaat's right. My bad. For some reason, I keep getting those titles mixed up. "The Rundown" is pure popcorn fun. I really enjoy that movie.
    Great movie. My nomination to the mindless fun catagory is Tron Legacy. The more you pay attention to the plot the more annoying the movie is, but if you sit back and enjoy the FX and the Daft Punk soundtrack... awesome. Love the light cycle battle in that one.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

New Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailer... Basically Lost World 2.0 but with military instead of a new theme park... Not feeling full price on this one, and even $5 Tuesdays seem like a stretch here... What am I missing???
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    New Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom trailer... Basically Lost World 2.0 but with military instead of a new theme park... Not feeling full price on this one, and even $5 Tuesdays seem like a stretch here... What am I missing???
    Free with MoviePass or Sinemia. I still wouldn't waste my time though. It looks like ****.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Free with MoviePass or Sinemia. I still wouldn't waste my time though. It looks like ****.
    Agreed but it will make a billion just like the last piece of dreck did. And a third one is coming as well...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Agreed but it will make a billion just like the last piece of dreck did. And a third one is coming as well...
    Yep. Just like The Terminator and other franchises, Hollywood will squeeze out as many sequels as possible before the last dollar of profit is wrung from the decayed carcass of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Also seems to riff on Aliens...I half expect a character to lose. It and shout “game over man game over!!”

In retrospect if Hollywood HAD to reboot this series I I think they should have adhered to the spirit of Michael Crichton’s books/ideas

Thread Information