This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

I'm not too familiar with MoviePass, but apparently it's about to go under because people are using the service exactly how it's supposed to be used?
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      I'm not too familiar with MoviePass, but apparently it's about to go under because people are using the service exactly how it's supposed to be used?
      I'm thinking they thought it would be like the gym memberships, where people buy it for the year, and then are going all the time for the first month or two, then gradually just abandon it?

Not too familiar with the service either, just the basic idea of it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Watching Game Night on the plane. It’s pretty funny. And it has Kyle Chandler. Mmmm, Kyle Chandler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Watching Game Night on the plane. It’s pretty funny. And it has Kyle Chandler. Mmmm, Kyle Chandler.
          Get these m f er game nights of my m f er plane??
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            A decent rental. And did Todd from Breaking Bad eat all of his earnings?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              A decent rental. And did Fake Matt Damon from Breaking Bad eat all of his earnings?
              Had to fix it. Habit.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Had to fix it. Habit.
                Apparently he's engaged to Kirsten Dunst and they have a kid. (I mean I know they were together in Fargo S2 but still...)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Apparently he's engaged to Kirsten Dunst and they have a kid. (I mean I know they were together in Fargo S2 but still...)
                  For those that like Easter Eggs Jesse's soon to be wife makes a blink and you miss it appearance in the 'USS Callister' episode of Black Mirror. She appears as a Callister employee in the background while Jesse's character is talking with one of the other main characters.

Speaking of Jesse's...Aaron Paul also makes an uncredited cameo at the end of the same episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                    It was never going to work long term at the price point, they needed more people to sign up and slowly raise the price. I have it and up until last Friday never had an issue with it really and saw a lot of films I wouldnt normally see. Even when I bought a popcorn (to give the theater money) I still came out ahead

AMC has their own version of this service which is twice the price without any of the restrictions. (except 3 movies a week instead of unlimited) I am considering getting that because there is one that is not too far away but I honestly hate AMC theaters. If I do it I wont ever buy concessions because their prices are ridiculous.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      It was never going to work long term at the price point, they needed more people to sign up and slowly raise the price. I have it and up until last Friday never had an issue with it really and saw a lot of films I wouldnt normally see. Even when I bought a popcorn (to give the theater money) I still came out ahead

AMC has their own version of this service which is twice the price without any of the restrictions. (except 3 movies a week instead of unlimited) I am considering getting that because there is one that is not too far away but I honestly hate AMC theaters. If I do it I wont ever buy concessions because their prices are ridiculous.
                      We have been using sinemia and it is OK. A bit more expensive than movie pass (there are different levels of plans). We use the one movie a month plan mainly to get us out to see movies and it works out to about $5 a ticket without restrictions of theater or movie type.

Make no mistake, their customer service is pretty poor but once you get the app working, it isn't that painful to get tickets.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by WisconsinWildcard View Post
                        We have been using sinemia and it is OK. A bit more expensive than movie pass (there are different levels of plans). We use the one movie a month plan mainly to get us out to see movies and it works out to about $5 a ticket without restrictions of theater or movie type.

Make no mistake, their customer service is pretty poor but once you get the app working, it isn't that painful to get tickets.
                        I didn't like that plan...I want to see more movies and that caps it at like three a month. Would work for my gf I guess.

Sounds like Moviepass is going to raise the price and make you wait to see some movies a couple weeks. Better idea but probably too little too late for the masses. (Not necessarily for me I rarely care when I see a film) Ugh I really dislike AMC especially since it forces me into their mediocre theaters instead of going to pretty much any of them around me. But they're plan is solid.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I didn't like that plan...I want to see more movies and that caps it at like three a month. Would work for my gf I guess.

Sounds like Moviepass is going to raise the price and make you wait to see some movies a couple weeks. Better idea but probably too little too late for the masses. (Not necessarily for me I rarely care when I see a film) Ugh I really dislike AMC especially since it forces me into their mediocre theaters instead of going to pretty much any of them around me. But they're plan is solid.
                          Just curious, why don't you like your AMC?

I've had a local AMC as my preferred theatre for a couple of years now (Cinemark, Marcus, and Emagine (sp) are the other local options). My AMC was the first to adopt reserved seating and recliners, so that was a plus. With Stubs, $5 Tuesdays are nice and I like the payback for rewards points. Concessions are a push in both prices and options among the other chains. My AMC is never empty, but also is never stupid busy. The Cinemark became a problem going to Marvel movies, as it would sell out. Also being located in a mall, walking up for tickets could be a crapshoot. Also been able to score AMC gift cards at 20-25% off through CardPool, so that helps stretch the dollar.

I'm sure like any chain business, there are good and bad examples across all the stores. Just interested to see why others might be pushed away.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Can't select seats, not comfortable and concessions are ridiculous we have two smaller ones closer to me that put a lot of cash into upgrading and the popcorn doesn't require a pell grant
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Can't select seats, not comfortable and concessions are ridiculous we have two smaller ones closer to me that put a lot of cash into upgrading and the popcorn doesn't require a pell grant
                              AMC near where I am is fine. And they have assigned seats, etc.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Do you have one of the old style AMC theaters around you? They bought the old Carmike in Apple Valley, and now it's branded as an "AMC Classic". Meanwhile, the AMC in IGH is topnotch all around.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X