This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Sicario 2, much better than the first one.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

They already made a second one?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        They already made a second one?
        Left an opening for a 3rd one.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          Sicario 2, much better than the first one.
          That's good to hear. The first one was ALMOST really good.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaG1KZqrLvM

Comment

Watched the Last Jedi on Netflix last night. Meh. Better than the prequels, but god am I getting sick of jj abrams' shtick. The Wrath of Khan remake sucked, and this has nothing on Empire despite the obvious throwbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Watched the Last Jedi on Netflix last night. Meh. Better than the prequels, but god am I getting sick of jj abrams' shtick. The Wrath of Khan remake sucked, and this has nothing on Empire despite the obvious throwbacks.
                Last Jedi wasnt JJ Abrahms. Rian Johnson made Last Jedi.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Brain On Fire:

The film follows the harrowing experience of a writer struggling with a rare neurological disease from when she first suffers symptoms to the many attempts at diagnosing it and the eventual discovery of the real cause of her illness. Based on the book, 'Brain On Fire', the true story of Susannah Cahalan, a journalist for the New York Times.

Chloë Grace Moretz (Kick ***) plays Susannah, and did an outstanding job, IMO. Hopefully she continues to get good roles; she has the talent. Movies like this make you really sit back in awe, that even in this day and age, our technology lags behind what the body/mind are capable of. Definitely recommend it.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Last Jedi wasnt JJ Abrahms. Rian Johnson made Last Jedi.
                    Saw Abrams in the credits. Guess it was as the producer. Still sick of him and his shtick.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Movies like this make you really sit back in awe, that even in this day and age, our technology lags behind what the body/mind are capable of. Definitely recommend it.
                      We have actually had the technology to specifically diagnose this condition (Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis) in a non invasive manner for the last 12 or so years. By the sounds of it, it should have been suspected by any respectable neurologist. The "clock" test is looking at a patient's ability to pay attention to both sides of the body and is part of any standard neurological exam.

Even if this happened before we could specifically diagnose the exact receptor involved, one could do a lumbar puncture and if there were signs of inflammation, you could treat for an encephalitis of uncertain etiology.
                      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom...

[inhales deeply]

HOLY ******* **** WHAT AN ABSOLUTE TRAINWRECK OF A PIECE OF ****! I CANT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAID TO WATCH THAT DUMPSTER FIRE! THIS IS ACTUALLY A BIGGER INSULT TO THE FRANCHISE THAN THE LAST GHOSTBUSTERS ABORTION WAS! EVERYONE INVOLVED SHOULD HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME...OR AT LEAST DANCE AROUND IN A BIG PILE OF MONEY LAUGHING AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WASTED THEIR TIME AND MONEY WATCHING THIS FILM. [/exhales]

Ok so on a much calmer note this movie is all sorts of awful. Imagine if you took The Last World: Jurassic Park II and completely ripped off the basic plot only you then genetically engineered it with all the crappiness of Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World with just a pinch of the Tommy Lee Jones disaster Volcano and you maybe can begin to understand how awful this film is. The plot is so bad "Paint By Numbers" doesnt even cover it. They literally just steal parts of the other films and put them in there. Then they add in the stupid cloning side story which is worthless, then the dumb "Blue" storyline returns, then more made up dinosaurs (there are hundreds of species of dinosaurs why make up new ones?) and of course the hamfisted acting of Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. Then, in an effort to try and be different I guess they rip off the ending to Rise of the Planet of the Apes almost completely. This film is a testament to the true laziness of Hollywood...

Ian Malcolm asks "How many times" at the end talking about the mistakes man has made when it comes to the dinosaurs...he might as well have been asking the same about these crappy movies. And before anyone asks...MoviePass
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom...

[inhales deeply]

HOLY ******* **** WHAT AN ABSOLUTE TRAINWRECK OF A PIECE OF ****! I CANT BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY PAID TO WATCH THAT DUMPSTER FIRE! THIS IS ACTUALLY A BIGGER INSULT TO THE FRANCHISE THAN THE LAST GHOSTBUSTERS ABORTION WAS! EVERYONE INVOLVED SHOULD HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME...OR AT LEAST DANCE AROUND IN A BIG PILE OF MONEY LAUGHING AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WASTED THEIR TIME AND MONEY WATCHING THIS FILM. [/exhales]

Ok so on a much calmer note this movie is all sorts of awful. Imagine if you took The Last World: Jurassic Park II and completely ripped off the basic plot only you then genetically engineered it with all the crappiness of Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World with just a pinch of the Tommy Lee Jones disaster Volcano and you maybe can begin to understand how awful this film is. The plot is so bad "Paint By Numbers" doesnt even cover it. They literally just steal parts of the other films and put them in there. Then they add in the stupid cloning side story which is worthless, then the dumb "Blue" storyline returns, then more made up dinosaurs (there are hundreds of species of dinosaurs why make up new ones?) and of course the hamfisted acting of Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. Then, in an effort to try and be different I guess they rip off the ending to Rise of the Planet of the Apes almost completely. This film is a testament to the true laziness of Hollywood...

Ian Malcolm asks "How many times" at the end talking about the mistakes man has made when it comes to the dinosaurs...he might as well have been asking the same about these crappy movies. And before anyone asks...MoviePass
                          Can't wait to see it
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Can't wait to see it
                            Might I suggest bringing a flask
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Might I suggest bringing a flask
                              I probably won't see it in the theater, so that was probably already going to happen..
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

A Quiet Place:
                                In a post-apocalyptic world, a family is forced to live in silence while hiding from monsters with ultra-sensitive hearing.

Pretty good movie, but the very last little tidbit was rather weak compared to the rest of the movie: Cocking the shotgun? Really?

Good suspense, good buildup to the monsters, the nitpick I had was that for how long they were surviving, they sure made quite a few rookie mistakes. Some mistakes happen, but the pros don't make them this often....

Sorry for the random K in the hidden part, had to do a double color thing b/c of possible censoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X