This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Starship Troopers falls into the awesomely bad category of movies...

Even I thought Resurgence was fairly stupid.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Ex Machina:

A young programmer is selected to participate in a ground-breaking experiment in synthetic intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breath-taking humanoid A.I.

You can see where this is going about a quarter of the way in, but the questions within the movie are the key, to me. Very solid movie, highly recommend.
      Bought this on dvd a while back but haven’t had the time to watch it yet. Fortunately i’ll Have some time next week and will check it out. I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Starship Troopers was a parody of propaganda. ID4's sequel was just bad.
        Right which is what I was saying. One movie was awful and knew it and went full hog into it and made it part of the film. The other just sucked
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

JW was better than TLW and JP3. JW2 was bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            JW was better than TLW and JP3. JW2 was bad.
            Eh I enjoy the Lost World...but yeah JP3 is equal to JW in annoyance in my mind. Ymmv.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Eh I enjoy the Lost World...but yeah JP3 is equal to JW in annoyance in my mind. Ymmv.
              I have it JP, JW, JP3, TLW...have not seen JW2, but will when I can stream it.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Revenge Of The Green Dragons:

Two best friends rise through the ranks of New York's Chinese underworld in the 1980s. Based on a true story.

It was okay. Scorcese produced it, so that helped. Honestly, it was a run of the mill gang-crime story that was just good enough to pass the time. Take it or leave it.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  I have it JP, JW, JP3, TLW...have not seen JW2, but will when I can stream it.
                  I saw JW2 a week ago, and I'd order them:
                  JP, JW, [sizeable gap] JW2, [gap] TLW, JP3.

JW2 went off the rails. Each time I try to type up a defense, another absurd point from the movie blocks my ability to finish typing. But I liked it for being a good popcorn flick that continues the series. Not sure I'm a fan of where it's heading, but eh, I'll spend $10 to see the third one. Maybe it's the continuing winks, nods, and downright flashing neon "hey remember this?" to the original film.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I could maybe defend it if the CGI was good but lord the CGI was SyFy level at parts. And the stupid Brontosaurus on the pier...just awful.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      ...And the stupid Brontosaurus on the pier...just awful.
                      I read somewhere that they used the exact same Brontosaurus CGI model as we saw on the first visit to the park. As a way to bring "closure" to the original films. Or some bullsh** like that.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/07...rk-connection/
                      “That's the brachiosaurus that Alan Grant saw for the first time in Jurassic Park,” Bayona confirms, adding that it uses the exact same animation from the 1993 original.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        I read somewhere that they used the exact same Brontosaurus CGI model as we saw on the first visit to the park. As a way to bring "closure" to the original films. Or some bullsh** like that.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2018/07...rk-connection/
                        Yeah that was Nolan quality beating on the head. I got it when they did it and I ****ed near stood up and said "oh BLEEP you!".
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Breaking In:

A woman has to break into her father's high-security home, to save her kids who have been taken hostage.

The criminals are cookie-cutter: the smart one, the psycho, the guilt-ridden, and the smart/wild card one. Gabrielle Union kicks *** in this, literally and figuratively, and that's about the only really good thing about this movie. Otherwise, it's a yawner. If you're a fan of Union (I am), then go for it. Otherwise, pass.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Breaking In:

A woman has to break into her father's high-security home, to save her kids who have been taken hostage.

The criminals are cookie-cutter: the smart one, the psycho, the guilt-ridden, and the smart/wild card one. Gabrielle Union kicks *** in this, literally and figuratively, and that's about the only really good thing about this movie. Otherwise, it's a yawner. If you're a fan of Union (I am), then go for it. Otherwise, pass.
                            So it's basically a Saw movie in reverse? Or maybe, a Home Alone movie with more drama and in reverse? Or maybe The Purge in reverse?

At any rate, *yawn*

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              So it's basically a Saw movie in reverse? Or maybe, a Home Alone movie with more drama and in reverse? Or maybe The Purge in reverse?

At any rate, *yawn*
                              It's supposed to be suspense, but it's Hollywood. Prob more Home Alone in reverse (never saw Saw). The Purge can blow goats (horribly wasted potential). Outside of the intro scene, it never left you questioning what the end result was going to be.

Comment

Purge is the only series that got better with was here movie.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X