X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

The Constant Gardener:
    A widower is determined to get to the bottom of a potentially explosive secret involving his wife's murder, big business, and corporate corruption.

Strap on the tinfoil hat, although it's a decent ride. Gets a little preachy at times, I found myself saying "OK, I GET THE EFFING MESSAGE!" but a decent watch.

Hold The Dark:
    After the deaths of three children suspected to be killed by wolves, writer Russell Core is hired by the parents of a missing six-year-old boy to track down and locate their son in the Alaskan wilderness.

Nope. No. Don't even bother. What a friggin' waste of time. Terrible, pointless, not even a good story, not to mention a lack of any sensible ending. Good Lord what a pile of trash.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ya I finished hold the dark last night. I watched because I like skaarsgaard. What a pile of utter trash this movie is

Comment

Kings:
        The life of a foster family in South Central Los Angeles, a few weeks before the city erupts in violence following the verdict of the Rodney King trial.

Halle Berry and Daniel Craig? Okay! Sad to say, the movie is a bit choppy and disjointed. It certainly is raw, I'll give it that. Wish there was a director's cut to segue into a couple of the sudden changes in character. Because of this, I think it's average. It could have been way more powerful and dramatic. Still, it's worth a watch, especially for my generation, who might not have fully understood everything surrounding the climax event. We "got it," but many didn't fully "get it."
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Finally saw A Quiet Place

That was quite good. The bathtub scene just about killed me.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Finally saw A Quiet Place

That was quite good. The bathtub scene just about killed me.
            That was a great scene.

Comment

I’ve been thinking for a few days and I want to be clear on just how bad hold the dark was. I’m ashamed for skaarsgaaed and they guy from west world.
              I can’t remenber the last time I saw something so bad

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I’ve been thinking for a few days and I want to be clear on just how bad hold the dark was. I’m ashamed for skaarsgaaed and they guy from west world.
                I can’t remenber the last time I saw something so bad
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Sicario 2. I don't know why this movie was so highly rated. It was completely disjointed for me and I was never in it nearly as much as I was when watching the first.

Comment

Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story

Biopic of Hedy, who basically invented anything WiFi (frequency hopping). Very well done and informative. Most of us only know Hedy as a Blazing Saddles reference, I'm guessing, until recent years. Definitely would recommend this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Biopic of Hedy, who basically invented anything WiFi (frequency hopping). Very well done and informative. Most of us only know Hedy as a Blazing Saddles reference, I'm guessing, until recent years. Definitely would recommend this.
                      We were just talking about her yesterday and how her life would make for a fantastic movie! I'll have to check this out.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        We were just talking about her yesterday and how her life would make for a fantastic movie! I'll have to check this out.
                        I guess the inspiration for it was a found interview with her in her later years by a Forbes writer doing an article on her.

Comment

"That's Hedley!"

Wait, a guy who dropped out of UMD knows the "frequency hopping" jokes?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            "That's Hedley!"

This is 1874. You'll be able to sue her!
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              "That's Hedley!"

I knew of the internet before many knew of the internet/AOL/etc.

There was a student association sort of DOS-based chatrooms back then. Clunky, but it worked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISCABBS
                              Last edited by The Rube; 10-08-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

I knew of the internet before many knew of the internet/AOL/etc.

There was a student association sort of DOS-based chatrooms back then. Clunky, but it worked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISCABBS
                                Heh, BBS. Yeah, you are old.

Comment

Working...
                                X