This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The off-the-cuff banter between Pitt/Clooney was really great in the first one. It just felt natural.
    Rusty: I need the reason. Don't say money. Why do this?

Danny: Why not do it?

[Rusty shakes his head]

Danny: Because yesterday I walked out of the joint after losing four years of my life and you're cold-decking "Teen Beat" cover boys.

[pause]

Danny: Because the house always wins. Play long enough, you never change the stakes, the house takes you. Unless, when that perfect hand comes along, you bet big, and then you take the house.

[another pause]

Rusty: Been practicing that speech, haven't you?

Danny: Little bit. Did I rush it? Felt like I rushed it.

Rusty: No, it was good, I liked it. "Teen Beat" thing was harsh.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VH0gglwBO8
    Danny: Ten oughta do it, don't you think?

Rusty: [Stares of in silence, not looking at Danny]

Danny: You think we need one more?

Rusty: [remains silent with his head leaning on top of his folded arms while hunched over on the bar]

Danny: You think we need one more.

Rusty: [remains silent with his head leaning on top of his folded arms on the bar]

Danny: All right, we'll get one more.

Rusty: [Blinks]

And of course:
    Danny: Thirteen million and you drive this piece of **** cross country to pick me up?

Rusty: [sarcastically] Blew it all on the suit.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Danny: Ten oughta do it, don't you think?

Rusty: [Stares of in silence, not looking at Danny]

Danny: You think we need one more?

Rusty: [remains silent with his head leaning on top of his folded arms while hunched over on the bar]

Danny: You think we need one more.

Rusty: [remains silent with his head leaning on top of his folded arms on the bar]

Danny: All right, we'll get one more.

Rusty: [Blinks]

And of course:
      Danny: Thirteen million and you drive this piece of **** cross country to pick me up?

Rusty: [sarcastically] Blew it all on the suit.
      Too funny! That was the other convo I though of.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Too funny! That was the other convo I though of.
        And they did a better job of bringing that back in 13. Not perfectly, 11 still > 13, but better than the steaming of 12. 12 just thought if they had cool looking scene changes it would make up for the dumb plot. And don't get me start on Julia playing Julia that was ****ing inane.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          And they did a better job of bringing that back in 13. Not perfectly, 11 still > 13, but better than the steaming of 12. 12 just thought if they had cool looking scene changes it would make up for the dumb plot. And don't get me start on Julia playing Julia that was ****ing inane.
          Yeah, the Julia concept might have sounded hilarious in their minds, but it was a pizz-poor concept in execution.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            I did like 12, but 11 and 13 are in a completely different league...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

For me Oceans 11 was awesome. I can watch it any time it appears on TV or elsewhere. The pacing and the dialog was smooth as silk.

Oceans 13 was completely over the top in a Moonraker sort of way. As an engineer I couldn't buy into the the plot.

Oceans 12 was a total bomb. I felt like I was watching A listers home videos of their vacation on the Mediterranean.

Haven't seen Oceans 8. Like the cast but not terribly intrigued with the plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Ramadan sale? "Nails now half off at Home Depot for Easter!"

Are you fluent in Arabic?
                La
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Shape of Water and The Post were major letdowns for me.

The Shape of Water was King Kong remade for 2017 but not as ****ty as the other remakes. It just wasn’t compelling to me.

The post was just a poor man’s Spotlight. I love Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. But neither could save this one.

ETA:
                  Goodbye Christopher Robin was decent
                  Lady Bird was great.
                  Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-15-2018, 12:28 PM.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Lady Bird is great.

Comment

I saw Wont You BE My Neighbor...excellent portrait of Mr. Rogers!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know I'm way behind. Finally saw Ragnarok. I had more fun than I thought I would, and I figured I'd enjoy it.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I know I'm way behind. Finally saw Ragnarok. I had more fun than I thought I would, and I figured I'd enjoy it.
                          Same. I just got done watching it now. Goldblum surprised me, for some reason.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Black Panther:

WTeFF? Oh, we're just gonna make this up for a reason to push the story forward. Whatever. The humorous lines were great, the plot just interesting enough to keep me going with this movie until about 3/4 into it. Then it was just bullsh* after that. Every little problem, another twist comes up to explain it away, with no reason. Horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              The Shape of Water and The Post were major letdowns for me.

The Shape of Water was King Kong remade for 2017 but not as ****ty as the other remakes. It just wasn’t compelling to me.

The post was just a poor man’s Spotlight. I love Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. But neither could save this one.

ETA:
                              Goodbye Christopher Robin was decent
                              Lady Bird was great.
                              The BBC thinks SoW is closer to Shelly's Frankenstein. And a possible, more faithful to the book, remake???

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...ined-our-fears
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Disney Putting Star Wars Spin-offs On Hold
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X