This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

They didnt want to do it like Marvel did it that was their strategy. Problem was they trusted the wrong people to do it

Personally I think Wonder Woman is better than Black Panther was but both of them are better than most comic films out there IMHO.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      I feel the same way about Wonder Woman.
      Huh. Had high expectations for WW, and the movie exceeded them, even in that situation. I thought WW was phenomenal.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Oh god THANK YOU! I saw it last week and while it was good it was ridiculously formulaic and cookie cutter. It wasnt bad but it wasnt worth the praise it got either.
        Hint. It didn't get praise for the plot.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Anyone here use MoviePass?
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Hint. It didn't get praise for the plot.
            I know why it got praise just like I know why Wonder Woman got more praise than many thought it deserved. One of the reasons I saw it was because of that. (I dont see Marvel Films too often) That was the part I liked. The rest was rather boring. If I say that to anyone though the amount of crap I will get will be off the charts.

The Wakanda parts of the film and BP's family are awesome and are really well done. The villain is lame as hell, the CGI is all over the pace and the story itself is so basic paint by numbers is probably not white bread enough to do it justice. (you can break it down almost minute to minute as you watch which is not a good thing) I gave it a 7 but I admit I graded on a curve. If this had been [insert White American Hero Here] it would have gotten a 5 maybe worse.

As for MoviePass, I have it and love it. tica has it too. Rumors are flying it is going broke but for now it works great and lets me see movies without worrying about wasting money. (one reason I didnt see many films)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I know why it got praise just like I know why Wonder Woman got more praise than many thought it deserved. One of the reasons I saw it was because of that. (I dont see Marvel Films too often) That was the part I liked. The rest was rather boring. If I say that to anyone though the amount of crap I will get will be off the charts.

The Wakanda parts of the film and BP's family are awesome and are really well done. The villain is lame as hell, the CGI is all over the pace and the story itself is so basic paint by numbers is probably not white bread enough to do it justice. (you can break it down almost minute to minute as you watch which is not a good thing) I gave it a 7 but I admit I graded on a curve. If this had been [insert White American Hero Here] it would have gotten a 5 maybe worse.

As for MoviePass, I have it and love it. tica has it too. Rumors are flying it is going broke but for now it works great and lets me see movies without worrying about wasting money. (one reason I didnt see many films)
              My favorite part is always the mythology of the characters. That was my favorite part of Black Panther. And Wonder Woman. For Avengers Infinity War it was all about Thor, and Thanos. The Thor storyline was fantastic.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

My favorite part is always the mythology of the characters. That was my favorite part of Black Panther. And Wonder Woman. For Avengers Infinity War it was all about Thor, and Thanos. The Thor storyline was fantastic.
                For me it depends on the character but I hear ya
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So I see HBO’s F451 got absolutely trashed in the reviews. I was so looking forward to it. Will probably skip it unless I hear otherwise. But if RT and Flixter both pan it, it’s a steep, uphill climb.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Amateur:

An 8th grade bouncyball phenom joins a sort of prep team that plays nationally, and deals with the hurdles of going that route.

Pretty much demonizes the NCAA amateur rules, although not without consequences for everyone involved. A bit of a hokey ending, but worth a watch, given how accurate the movie is in the practices of such teams/organizations.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      So I see HBO’s F451 got absolutely trashed in the reviews. I was so looking forward to it. Will probably skip it unless I hear otherwise. But if RT and Flixter both pan it, it’s a steep, uphill climb.
                      Give it a try anyway. You never know why the critic group mind gets down on something. Maybe an assistant director said something anti-Palestinian at a cocktail party once. There's no substitute for your own eyeballs.

It is very unlikely anyone will ever do it "better" than Truffaut. He was an actual genius after all. But it's usually worth a shot to see a classic reimagined if only for parallax.

{Looks at reviews}

Oh, Jesus, stay away.

A representative sample:

Fahrenheit 451 represents every culturally bastardizing tendency it pretends to decry.

The result is a cluttered and remarkably misjudged film that shoots for -- and will no doubt miss -- the YA audience.

Reads like a C-minus high school paper: it understands that the book burning is bad, but it doesn't really get why.
                      Warning: there is a huge spoiler in the Bowen review; it is, however, a lethal exposure of what sounds like the incapacity of the entertainment industry to understand the source material unless it's a brilliant Starship Troopers Trojan horse.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 05-23-2018, 01:57 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Deadpool 2 was fun. Lots of fun.

Domino was great.

Comment

Deadpool 2 was fun. Lots of fun.

Domino was great.
                          I also liked the whole X-Force sequence, interviews, jumping out of the helicopter and the end result. Dyk when they showed "The Vanisher" for a split second it was a cameo by Brad Pitt?

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            I also liked the whole X-Force sequence, interviews, jumping out of the helicopter and the end results. Dyk when they showed "The Vanisher" for a split second it was a cameo by Brad Pitt?
                            Spoiler Alert, but yeah, it was him.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                              I also liked the whole X-Force sequence, interviews, jumping out of the helicopter and the end result. Dyk when they showed "The Vanisher" for a split second it was a cameo by Brad Pitt?
                              I'm whiting out text, but the two cameos most people missed unless they knew it was them: Matt Damon and Alan Tudyk were the rednecks with the pickup truck when Cable arrived here from the future.

I only found out from reading another site after watching the movie.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Didn't realize it, and the other one, until I read it a coupla days later. The only reason I put it out was because I didn't think anyone would know because it was so quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X