Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Re: Who is in your Deadpool for Solo: Infinity War

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, Kathleen Turner

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/kathl...versation.html

@BillSimmons: I plowed through this. Mid-80s Me had a massive massive crush on KT. You can make a case that...

1. Body Heat created the modern erotic thriller
    2. KT was the most entertaining actress of the 1980s.
    3. No actress in the past 50 years had a cooler/more distinctive voice.
    Wow. What she says about Elizabeth Taylor in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf is eye opening. One of my top20 films of all time and she tore it to shreds. Gave me a new perspective. Maybe I should read or go see the play.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Certainly one of the top small tlttled actresses qualified as a sex symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Certainly one of the top small tlttled actresses qualified as a sex symbol.
    Then she co-starred in Californication and while hilarious, also disturbing.

(paraphrased) Let's do some coke. I can't snort it, so you're gonna have to help me out. Ever hear of Coke in a can?"
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Then she co-starred in Californication and while hilarious, also disturbing.

(paraphrased) Let's do some coke. I can't snort it, so you're gonna have to help me out. Ever hear of Coke in a can?"
    Collini...out.

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Collini...out.
    She nailed that role.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    She nailed that role.
    She nailed my cousin in that role
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    She nailed my cousin in that role
    Huh?

She strapped one on and banged yer cousin??

That’s awesome!!!

Remember:
    With the aid of a fellow Auschwitz survivor and a hand-written letter, an elderly man with dementia goes in search of the person he believes to be responsible for the death of his family in the death camp to kill him himself.

Starring Christopher Plummer and Martin Landau. Friggin' amazing movie. Plummer nails all things related to the character's conditions and emotions. Powerful, and you are just drooling to see how the ending turns out. Highly recommend.

Saw Equalizer 2 and Mission Impossible: Fallout. Equalizer 2 was very solid, in a few ways better than the first but overall a notch below. MI was awesome and while very over the top was worthy of a lot of the praise it got. Incidentally saw the trailer for Bumblebee before MI...wow that looks 10 different shades of awful.

Oh and cause I couldnt sleep the other night I watched Terminator: Genysis. It was an interesting concept and with a better script and directing could have been a pretty solid flick...as it was it was ok and pretty much irrelevant since James Cameron's new film is throwing out everything after T2. Oh and I know this will tick off the GOT nerds but I have now seen Emilia Clark in two big budget sci-fi films and she is just completely unimpressive.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

wubba lubba dub dub

Oh and I know this will tick off the GOT nerds but I have now seen Emilia Clark in two big budget sci-fi films and she is just completely unimpressive.
    I like her character on GoT, but I've never been impressed with the actress herself.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I like her character on GoT, but I've never been impressed with the actress herself.
    Pretty much.

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Saw Equalizer 2 and Mission Impossible: Fallout. Equalizer 2 was very solid, in a few ways better than the first but overall a notch below. MI was awesome and while very over the top was worthy of a lot of the praise it got. Incidentally saw the trailer for Bumblebee before MI...wow that looks 10 different shades of awful.

Oh and cause I couldnt sleep the other night I watched Terminator: Genysis. It was an interesting concept and with a better script and directing could have been a pretty solid flick...as it was it was ok and pretty much irrelevant since James Cameron's new film is throwing out everything after T2. Oh and I know this will tick off the GOT nerds but I have now seen Emilia Clark in two big budget sci-fi films and she is just completely unimpressive.
    I liked her just fine in SOLO.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Farenheit 11/9. (f-bomb or 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxrEzYqD3lU
    A bad cause requires many words.

Moore's entire shtick is "owning the cons" the same way a Trump voter thinks he "owns the libs" - with lame stunts that aren't even an insult to those targeted.

I'm sure everyone who posts at Democratic Underground will go see it three times.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Mississippi Grind:
    Down on his luck and facing financial hardship, Gerry teams up with younger charismatic poker player, Curtis, in an attempt to change his luck. The two set off on a road trip through the South with visions of winning back what's been lost.

Decent movie, there were really only two ways to end it, though. Of course, and this is repeated throughout the movie: "The destination is the journey." And I will say, the journey was interesting.

wubba lubba dub dub

Oscar adds a blockbuster film category to help pander to regain/retain the average viewer.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Our Idiot Brother:
    A comedy centered on an idealist who barges into the lives of his three sisters.

Very light-hearted comedy/feel-good movie; an afternoon time-killer. It's entertaining enough, nothing special. Given the cast, it could've been a little better, but I wasn't feeling like I was wasting my time with it.

Touch Of Evil (1958):

A stark, perverse story of murder, kidnapping, and police corruption in a Mexican border town.

Great movie, and with the subject matter, could easily be made frame by frame today, and still hold the same weight (which is scary). Stacked cast, even in bit parts/cameos/whatever you want to call them. Highly recommend.

Accidental Courtesy:

Daryl Davis is an accomplished musician who was played all over the world. He also has an unusual hobby, particularly for a middle aged black man. When not displaying his musical chops, Daryl likes to meet and befriend members of the Ku Klux Klan. When many of these people eventually leave the Klan with Daryl's support, Daryl keeps their robes and hoods; building his collection piece by piece, story by story, person by person, in hopes of one day opening a museum of the Klan.

Required. *ing. Viewing. For every person who lives in this country. I won't say any more, because I don't have to. The documentary speaks for itself.

wubba lubba dub dub

I just re-watched Serenity last night, for the first time in a long while. It still stands up, more than ever perhaps, given some of its themes. The special effects haven't aged the greatest in some of the wide-angle shots, but a few of the techniques were pioneered there - shaking camera for an FX shot.

Thread Information