Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I thought it would be new extra opponents next year. For instance, we at Maine played New Hampshire three times in 16-17 (two in NH and one in Orono), and we played NH three times again in 17-18 (twice in Orono, once in Durham). I was under the assumption that we’d be getting a different slate of additional games since we had the same one two years in a row, with the locations inverted.
    Just remember that the third game two seasons ago was a non conference neutral site game (in Manchester NH). It had nothing to do with the extra four hockey east games that started this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Its a two year rotation.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/2...?ref=SportsBox

"Each Hockey East team will play six conference opponents twice and four teams three times apiece. The schedule is set up on a two-year rotation so teams play the same four opponents three times.

For example, UMaine’s extra games for 2017-2018 are against New Hampshire, Boston College, Boston University and Massachusetts. UMaine has the extra home game against New Hampshire and Boston University and plays twice on the road against Boston College and UMass.

The home-game arrangement is reversed for 2018-2019.

Bertagna and Hockey East director of communications Brian Smith said an algorithm was designed by Tim Danehy of collegehockeystats.net based on the 2015-2016 Hockey East standings to ensure the schedule is equitable."
      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
        Its a two year rotation.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/2...?ref=SportsBox

"Each Hockey East team will play six conference opponents twice and four teams three times apiece. The schedule is set up on a two-year rotation so teams play the same four opponents three times.

For example, UMaine’s extra games for 2017-2018 are against New Hampshire, Boston College, Boston University and Massachusetts. UMaine has the extra home game against New Hampshire and Boston University and plays twice on the road against Boston College and UMass.

The home-game arrangement is reversed for 2018-2019.

Bertagna and Hockey East director of communications Brian Smith said an algorithm was designed by Tim Danehy of collegehockeystats.net based on the 2015-2016 Hockey East standings to ensure the schedule is equitable."
        Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
        Just remember that the third game two seasons ago was a non conference neutral site game (in Manchester NH). It had nothing to do with the extra four hockey east games that started this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
        Ah, ok, thanks guys. I was confused. FlagDude, please ignore my statement.

Comment

Cornell will play at NMU next year.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            Ah, ok, thanks guys. I was confused. FlagDude, please ignore my statement.
            It's quite alright; I was going to reply with the same thing that they stated anyway.

Comment

I'm assuming WCHA rival pairings (NMU/MTU, LSSU/FSU, BGSU/UAH, MSU/BSU, UA/UAA) will be playing the last weekend of the WCHA regular season the first weekend of March?
              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                I'm assuming WCHA rival pairings (NMU/MTU, LSSU/FSU, BGSU/UAH, MSU/BSU, UA/UAA) will be playing the last weekend of the WCHA regular season the first weekend of March?
                Yes, flip flopped home/away of the ‘17-‘18 schedule.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  I’ve confirmed the following teams for Minnesota State next season. No official dates yet.

Boston University (in October)
                  AT North Dakota
                  Home and Home Minnesota
                  AT ASU’s Desert Hockey Classic
                  Do you know if UND is heading to Mankato the following year?

Comment

Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Oa3mdIjMgeea8/

Obviously with no information in the date area, no one to report as "effectively complete"*.

* Effectively complete meaning the school has released the schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.

Comment

Dont know the dates but ohio state is going out to Arizona State next year for 2 games.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                        Dont know the dates but ohio state is going out to Arizona State next year for 2 games.
                        Thanks much. Even incomplete news is still good news here, especially if schools have a tendency to release a bit late. We can usually piece together, based on common schedules, when people are going to play, and sometimes where depending on the teams.

Anyone yet figure out if there's a pattern to the extra conference games in the NCHC, similar to how there's a set rotation in the WCHA, or based on previous year positioning in HEA? I know some of the RIT folk have tried to figure out AHC and weren't able to figure out a rotation; don't know if they've tried basing it on previous year positioning or not...

Comment

Looks like the NCHC looks to be on a six year rotation. You have a "partner" that you play four times every year. Then, in two of the six years, you'll play two of the teams twice only (in one location; swap in 3 years). We're in year six of the rotation. The "MORE INFO HERE" section of the spreadsheet has the breakdown of who plays where if you'd like to see it; follow the 6th non-comma character.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Looks like the NCHC looks to be on a six year rotation. You have a "partner" that you play four times every year. Then, in two of the six years, you'll play two of the teams twice only (in one location; swap in 3 years). We're in year six of the rotation. The "MORE INFO HERE" section of the spreadsheet has the breakdown of who plays where if you'd like to see it; follow the 6th non-comma character.
                            I assume that you mean "ENTER INFO HERE".

Could you explain what the columns in the HEA table (Close, High, Mid, Low) signify?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RIT's annual Brick City game in the Blue Cross Arena is against Colgate.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I assume that you mean "ENTER INFO HERE".

Could you explain what the columns in the HEA table (Close, High, Mid, Low) signify?
                                Yeah, that.

Regarding HEA: When the announcement was made during the prior offseason that HEA would be going to a 24-game schedule and rotating teams based on past performance from the previous two years, I strove to find out who would play who. Based on some of the teams releasing their schedules, I was able to figure out that the 3rd game opponents would be vs. a team that was right next to them in ranking ("Close"; it won't be entirely reciprocal because there's an odd number of teams), as well as, from the teams remaining, one who was in the upper band (1-3), middle band (4-6), and lower band (7-9). It worked out that one from each of the four categories is who they play. It's not as relevant this year as it was last year because the opponents remain the same this year with the locations flipped (obviously the current year's schedule sheet starts as a copy of the previous year's sheet), but next year, the exercise will happen again, as a new set of four opponents will be selected for each team.
                                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-22-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X