Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 290

Thread: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

  1. #241

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers #1 View Post
    Hope you come to Potsdam/Canton next year.

  2. #242
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,649

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Oa3mdIjMgeea8/

    "Effectively complete"* schedules:

    ECAC: Non-travel-partner conference schedule released
    (None)

    HEA:
    Mass Lowell

    B1G: Conference Schedule Released
    Michigan State
    Minnesota
    Ohio State
    Penn State

    NCHC: Conference Schedule Released
    Colorado College
    Miami
    Minnesota Duluth
    North Dakota
    Western Michigan

    WCHA: Fully Released
    Alabama Huntsville
    Alaska Anchorage
    Alaska Fairbanks
    Bemidji State
    Bowling Green
    Ferris State
    LSSU
    Michigan Tech
    Minnesota Mankato
    Northern Michigan

    Independent: Fully Released
    Arizona State

    * Effectively complete meaning the school has released the schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.

    Thank you to everyone who has posted, is posting, or will post information to help compile this.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  3. #243
    Aged since 2002 miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers #1 View Post
    Anyone know what happened to the original visit to Clarkson this year?

  4. #244
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,319

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by miker View Post
    Anyone know what happened to the original visit to Clarkson this year?
    Earlier in this thread it was rumored that Minnesota bailed on that portion of the contract. However, St. Lawrence is still visiting for their 2 games @ Mariucci. So my hope is that MN simply requested to flip years 3-4 of the deal, and may visit next season instead. Time will tell.

  5. #245
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,649

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Earlier in this thread it was rumored that Minnesota bailed on that portion of the contract. However, St. Lawrence is still visiting for their 2 games @ Mariucci. So my hope is that MN simply requested to flip years 3-4 of the deal, and may visit next season instead. Time will tell.
    Given how many away games they have this year coupled with the series situation, along with what we see from some of the other teams in that league (tOSU has perennially been a glaring exception, and Wisconsin and State for now), I have an odd feeling they're not going to travel.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  6. #246

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,407
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Given how many away games they have this year coupled with the series situation, along with what we see from some of the other teams in that league (tOSU has perennially been a glaring exception, and Wisconsin and State for now), I have an odd feeling they're not going to travel.
    Is Red in charge of the hockey program's travel?

  7. #247
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,649

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Is Red in charge of the hockey program's travel?
    Not sure it's that, so much as the Big Roll-a-D20 think, like football and basketball, that everyone will want to travel to them on account of prestige and they don't ever have to play away non-conference games.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  8. #248
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,787

    Re: UAA and Alaskja(uaf)

    In case any of this is new:

  9. #249
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    Considering the luxury boxes overlook both the rink and stadium and the access to one side of the stadium is through the rink it is impossible to hold both at the same time unless BC could use it to increase football capacity by about 7500 and hockey capacity by 44700 with those in the other sections viewing the other game on the videoboards. Deducting about 300 since you could not count the luxury boxes twice. Sure the Fire Marshall would have some input on this.
    Can you imagine all those tony homeowners in Chestnut Hill and Newton selling parking spots on their front lawns?

  10. #250
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I just had a thought on this... with all the feelings of BC possibly being able to get into the tournament if the math wasn't stacked against them this past year, could they possibly be trying to stack the math by playing as many away games as possible? It doesn't count as much against you if you lose away, but it's weighted more if you win or tie away.
    +1

  11. #251
    2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    2,315

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I just had a thought on this... with all the feelings of BC possibly being able to get into the tournament if the math wasn't stacked against them this past year, could they possibly be trying to stack the math by playing as many away games as possible? It doesn't count as much against you if you lose away, but it's weighted more if you win or tie away.
    Since 2000-03 Coach York has generally scheduled 15 or fewer home games a season:
    scheduled home games:
    17 once (2008-09)
    16 twice (2012-13 & 2017-18)
    15 eight times (2002-03 through 2007-08, 2014-15 & 2015-16)
    14 four times (2009-10, 2011-12, 2016-17 & 2018-19)
    13 two times (2010-1 & 2013-14)

    So, I think Coach York schedules fewer home games because that is what works for BC.

    Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

    Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

  12. #252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Big teams schedule more home games because it's more revenue and smaller teams are willing to travel to them.

    Gophers almost always have 18-20 home and 14-16 away.

  13. #253
    THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    205

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Hearing some rumors that Merrimack is going to start hosting a tournament on Thanksgiving every year but it might not start until 2019.

  14. #254
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,753

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    Hearing some rumors that Merrimack is going to start hosting a tournament on Thanksgiving every year but it might not start until 2019.
    Maybe this is why UMD's visit to Merrimack was postponed until 2019.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  15. #255
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    12,736

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Unclear where a Quinnipiac blog found this, because it isn't on Maine's website or Twitter feed, but this purports to be Maine's schedule:

    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog/stat...10205764427776

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,392

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Unclear where a Quinnipiac blog found this, because it isn't on Maine's website or Twitter feed, but this purports to be Maine's schedule:

    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog/stat...10205764427776
    Got it via the UVM hockey blog who found it on Reddit
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  17. #257
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    12,736

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Got it via the UVM hockey blog who found it on Reddit
    Great work by the Maine athletic department, yet again. Making D-3 schools look organized.

  18. #258
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by fr. joe View Post
    Can you imagine all those tony homeowners in Chestnut Hill and Newton selling parking spots on their front lawns?
    No Mass Hole would ever give up the parking spaces in front of their homes. Were would they store the lawn chairs and other implements used to save the spaces for their own? 😁

  19. #259
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,319

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Great work by the Maine athletic department, yet again. Making D-3 schools look organized.
    Everybody, is this where we drop the bombshell that professional teams get stuff leaked all the time?

  20. #260
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,046

    Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

    MSU adds Windsor on 10/7 and U18 on 12/15, both at home.

    GLI will be 12/30 and 12/31.

    The February Michigan series will be in Ann Arbor on Friday and Detroit on Saturday.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •