Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I'm surprised Colgate's doing another one already since they were in the inaugural one and there's only been four including this upcoming year. I would expect them in the 7th or later, but OK.
    It's entirely possible that the remaining teams yet to go have declined.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      It's entirely possible that the remaining teams yet to go have declined.
      The ones remaining are Harvard, Cornell, and Dartmouth. Very surprising if it were Harvard given the Friendship pact is between Belfast and Boston. Cornell I could understand if they declined because of Red Hot Hockey at MSG; maybe that's where the exception is deriving from.

Comment

Merrimack OOC news.

vs. Denver
        vs. Lake Superior State 2x
        vs. Holy Cross
        @ Bentley

http://www.themackreport.com/news/de...ference-slate/

Comment

That link said Bentley announced its schedule. Has anyone seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Merrimack OOC news.

vs. Denver
            vs. Lake Superior State 2x
            vs. Holy Cross
            @ Bentley

http://www.themackreport.com/news/de...ference-slate/
            They said to open the season. Last year, I recall they are no longer playing Canadian exhibitions. So would 6-7 October be safe?

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
              That link said Bentley announced its schedule. Has anyone seen it?
              The Bentley press release has no dates, just the teams that Bentley will be hosting.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Harrah’s was around $80-85 including taxes & fees last year. New York, New York, right next to the arena $95-100 last year. When you do your searches, check the fine print. Most of the prices shown do not include the $35-40 “resort fee.”
                All resorts on the Strip have resort fees in the $25-39 range, it's unavoidable. Also, most now charge for parking if you get a rental car. That said, the weekend the tournament will be going on should be pretty cheap. It's right before the Consumer Electronic Show (biggest convention of the year, ~175K attendees) but hotel rates should be pretty good. Sign up for the free players club online (Total Rewards at Caesars properties, MLife at MGM, etc.) and you'll get some automatically discounted rates. I just checked on my MLife account and there's numerous options that weekend for $100 a night with resort fee included within short walking distance of T-Mobile. Also, the weather that time of year is very comfortable and not hot at all, in fact it's borderline cold.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  I just learned that Bentley will play 18 home games in their new arena during the 2018-2019 season, including OOC matchups against Harvard, Dartmouth, Merrimack, and UMass-Lowell.
                  Where else would they play home games?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Where else would they play home games?
                    You coming to Mankato in October?
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

QU non conference schedule

Home opponents - BC, UConn, AIC, UMass Amherst, Holy Cross.
                      Road opponents - BU, UMass Amherst, AIC, Maine x 2, & UVM.
                      Also a non conference neutral site game at Nassau vs Colgate.
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        All resorts on the Strip have resort fees in the $25-39 range, it's unavoidable. Also, most now charge for parking if you get a rental car. That said, the weekend the tournament will be going on should be pretty cheap. It's right before the Consumer Electronic Show (biggest convention of the year, ~175K attendees) but hotel rates should be pretty good. Sign up for the free players club online (Total Rewards at Caesars properties, MLife at MGM, etc.) and you'll get some automatically discounted rates. I just checked on my MLife account and there's numerous options that weekend for $100 a night with resort fee included within short walking distance of T-Mobile. Also, the weather that time of year is very comfortable and not hot at all, in fact it's borderline cold.
                        Even off strip, they have the resort fees. Hard Rock and Stratosphere had them. I don't recall having to pay for parking, but I was there during a week in September (i.e. not a weekend). You're definitely correct about the players club though, as I still get mailers from the Hard Rock about room rates, and during the week they give them away.

Comment

All resorts on the Strip have resort fees in the $25-39 range, it's unavoidable.
                          Is the resort fee per night or per stay? And when did they start doing that? It's been awhile since I've been to Las Vegas (and the last time I was at the old strip), and I don't remember resort fees.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Is the resort fee per night or per stay? And when did they start doing that? It's been awhile since I've been to Las Vegas (and the last time I was at the old strip), and I don't remember resort fees.
                            Per night, at least as of 2015 when I was there. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't do that on Fremont.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                              Per night unfortunately. And unfortunately they've made their way to the Downtown (Fremont) area as well. The fees there are lower, but nearly all hotels on Fremont have them. The fees started up around 2011-2012. Caesars Entertainment properties were the last major Strip hotels to implement them, around 2013. They've progressively increased in price through the years from $15-20/night when they first started to now the most expensive is $45/night at Venetian/Palazzo. It's a fixed cost that allows the hotels to combat the third-party hotel booking sites taking some of their profits. The price you see through Priceline, Trivago, etc. does not include the resort fee. The hotel keeps 100% of that revenue as opposed to the percentage they pay to the third-party booker for the night's rate.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Per night unfortunately. And unfortunately they've made their way to the Downtown (Fremont) area as well. The fees there are lower, but nearly all hotels on Fremont have them. The fees started up around 2011-2012. Caesars Entertainment properties were the last major Strip hotels to implement them, around 2013. They've progressively increased in price through the years from $15-20/night when they first started to now the most expensive is $45/night at Venetian/Palazzo. It's a fixed cost that allows the hotels to combat the third-party hotel booking sites taking some of their profits. The price you see through Priceline, Trivago, etc. does not include the resort fee. The hotel keeps 100% of that revenue as opposed to the percentage they pay to the third-party booker for the night's rate.
                                That's too bad, but understandable. Here's the ones that don't charge it: https://www.lasvegashowto.com/resort...ree-hotels.php

Comment

Working...
                                X