The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
    Hope you come to Potsdam/Canton next year.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: The 2018-19 Schedules Thread

Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Oa3mdIjMgeea8/

"Effectively complete"* schedules:

ECAC: Non-travel-partner conference schedule released
      (None)

HEA:
      Mass Lowell

B1G: Conference Schedule Released
      Michigan State
      Minnesota
      Ohio State
      Penn State

NCHC: Conference Schedule Released
      Colorado College
      Miami
      Minnesota Duluth
      North Dakota
      Western Michigan

WCHA: Fully Released
      Alabama Huntsville
      Alaska Anchorage
      Alaska Fairbanks
      Bemidji State
      Bowling Green
      Ferris State
      LSSU
      Michigan Tech
      Minnesota Mankato
      Northern Michigan

Independent: Fully Released
      Arizona State

* Effectively complete meaning the school has released the schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.

Thank you to everyone who has posted, is posting, or will post information to help compile this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
        Anyone know what happened to the original visit to Clarkson this year?
        Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Originally posted by miker View Post
          Anyone know what happened to the original visit to Clarkson this year?
          Earlier in this thread it was rumored that Minnesota bailed on that portion of the contract. However, St. Lawrence is still visiting for their 2 games @ Mariucci. So my hope is that MN simply requested to flip years 3-4 of the deal, and may visit next season instead. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Earlier in this thread it was rumored that Minnesota bailed on that portion of the contract. However, St. Lawrence is still visiting for their 2 games @ Mariucci. So my hope is that MN simply requested to flip years 3-4 of the deal, and may visit next season instead. Time will tell.
            Given how many away games they have this year coupled with the series situation, along with what we see from some of the other teams in that league (tOSU has perennially been a glaring exception, and Wisconsin and State for now), I have an odd feeling they're not going to travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Given how many away games they have this year coupled with the series situation, along with what we see from some of the other teams in that league (tOSU has perennially been a glaring exception, and Wisconsin and State for now), I have an odd feeling they're not going to travel.
              Is Red in charge of the hockey program's travel?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Is Red in charge of the hockey program's travel?
                Not sure it's that, so much as the Big Roll-a-D20 think, like football and basketball, that everyone will want to travel to them on account of prestige and they don't ever have to play away non-conference games.

Comment

• Re: UAA and Alaskja(uaf)

In case any of this is new:
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                    Considering the luxury boxes overlook both the rink and stadium and the access to one side of the stadium is through the rink it is impossible to hold both at the same time unless BC could use it to increase football capacity by about 7500 and hockey capacity by 44700 with those in the other sections viewing the other game on the videoboards. Deducting about 300 since you could not count the luxury boxes twice. Sure the Fire Marshall would have some input on this.
                    Can you imagine all those tony homeowners in Chestnut Hill and Newton selling parking spots on their front lawns?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I just had a thought on this... with all the feelings of BC possibly being able to get into the tournament if the math wasn't stacked against them this past year, could they possibly be trying to stack the math by playing as many away games as possible? It doesn't count as much against you if you lose away, but it's weighted more if you win or tie away.
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        I just had a thought on this... with all the feelings of BC possibly being able to get into the tournament if the math wasn't stacked against them this past year, could they possibly be trying to stack the math by playing as many away games as possible? It doesn't count as much against you if you lose away, but it's weighted more if you win or tie away.
                        Since 2000-03 Coach York has generally scheduled 15 or fewer home games a season:
                        scheduled home games:
                        17 once (2008-09)
                        16 twice (2012-13 & 2017-18)
                        15 eight times (2002-03 through 2007-08, 2014-15 & 2015-16)
                        14 four times (2009-10, 2011-12, 2016-17 & 2018-19)
                        13 two times (2010-1 & 2013-14)

So, I think Coach York schedules fewer home games because that is what works for BC.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Big teams schedule more home games because it's more revenue and smaller teams are willing to travel to them.

Gophers almost always have 18-20 home and 14-16 away.

Comment

Hearing some rumors that Merrimack is going to start hosting a tournament on Thanksgiving every year but it might not start until 2019.
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                              Hearing some rumors that Merrimack is going to start hosting a tournament on Thanksgiving every year but it might not start until 2019.
                              Maybe this is why UMD's visit to Merrimack was postponed until 2019.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Unclear where a Quinnipiac blog found this, because it isn't on Maine's website or Twitter feed, but this purports to be Maine's schedule:

https://***********/QHockeyBlog/stat...10205764427776

Comment

Working...
                                X