• Show
Clear All

Re: #6 Ohio State @ #4 Boston College: Nice To Meet You

Here he is:

https://media.giphy.com/media/b9aScKLxdv0Y0/giphy.gif

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Thank you! Actually I'll be in the stands -- I cover the team because I'm a fan first So you'll see me at some point!
      Sounds good. See you Saturday.

Comment

Do I have it right that one of you is the PBP announcer for OSU WIH?
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Want to trade? We've got experience at going to Boston and getting spanked. Although now that I think of it, we've got quite a bit more experience of that in Madison.
          Well, last time we went to Madison we got beat 7-0 and 3-1, so no, I don't want to trade. We, too, have that experience of getting spanked in Madison. Pgb had it right, I was referring to bracket integrity and a trip to Hamilton for the #6 vs #3 matchup at Colgate. My understanding of the NCAA Women's Hockey Tournament, and you would know this better than I do, is that they seed the top four teams, then from there they can have any one of the other four teams traveling to play those top four seeds, normally based on proximity. If I understood correctly, they try to avoid plane travel and have teams play each other where the visiting team can bus to their destination. The only plane trip in this whole thing is our team's from Columbus to Boston.

Comment

That might be Pgb as I am not the PBP announcer. Careful, there, you don't want to reveal Pgb's true identity. LOL, it's kind of a running joke between us because I have been going to our games for a long time and I still do not know who Pgb is.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet Riot View Post
              I can't wait to see my other favorite #33. JD...she scored the most important goal to date in 2015.
              Also can't wait to see all of the JD's. Outstanding family!!!
              I am a little slow tonight. I was drawing a blank on this, then it finally dawned on me ... you are talking about our Jincy Dunne! And that goal you are talking about would be the game-winner in OT of the U18 Gold Medal Game in Buffalo in 2015. And yes, her family is wonderful. Here is a little throwback Thursday material a couple days early regarding that 2015 goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY5KyysLaGo

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                That might be Pgb as I am not the PBP announcer. Careful, there, you don't want to reveal Pgb's true identity. LOL, it's kind of a running joke between us because I have been going to our games for a long time and I still do not know who Pgb is.
                Haha well I usually like to do a short Q&A for BC Interruption with some media member who covers the opposing team for the NCAA tournament -- if there is anyone out there who would like to do so (pgb??) please shoot me an email! grant dot salzano at gmail.
                Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-06-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Haha well I usually like to go a short Q&A for BC Interruption with some media member who covers the opposing team for the NCAA tournament -- if there is anyone out there who would like to do so (pgb??) please shoot me an email! grant dot salzano at gmail.
                  I think Pgb would be awesome (if he’s interested/available)! I don’t know if there is an OSU beat writer. @AlisonL might be an option; her main beat is bluejackets but I know she has written about the OSU women a few times.

Comment

And that goal you are talking about would be the game-winner in OT of the U18 Gold Medal Game in Buffalo in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY5KyysLaGo
                    OK, that's enough.

Comment

Flattering, but nope.

Finding the actual OSU play-by-play announcer is a good thought. But with only very rare exceptions, I'm at the games in person, and don't view the streams. Apologies, but I don't know the name of that person, or have any contact info.

So tough to find phone booths these days. And it seems like forever since I've seen Lois...

Haha well I usually like to do a short Q&A for BC Interruption with some media member who covers the opposing team for the NCAA tournament -- if there is anyone out there who would like to do so (pgb??) please shoot me an email! grant dot salzano at gmail.
                      Again, that's flattering. But unfortunately I'm not eligible. I'm not a member of the media. While I've greatly enjoyed doing the 3 Stars over the years, I always stress they're unofficial. They don't come from any media outlet or the university. No editor; no peer review. They truly are just one person's opinions.

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                      I think Pgb would be awesome (if he’s interested/available)! I don’t know if there is an OSU beat writer. @AlisonL might be an option; her main beat is bluejackets but I know she has written about the OSU women a few times.
                      Appreciate the kind words! But again, somebody who is actually eligible, like AlisonL, would be the way to go.

Comment

Haha alright fair enough... I'll keep digging. It looks like there's a guy who has the beat for The Lantern, Andrew Joseph? Anyone know the name? I might reach out to him...

Comment

Haha alright fair enough... I'll keep digging. It looks like there's a guy who has the beat for The Lantern, Andrew Joseph? Anyone know the name? I might reach out to him...
                          Andrew Joseph writes the stories for the student newspaper (The Lantern). You can do a search using the link below and find his email.

https://www.osu.edu/findpeople/

As others have mentioned, Alison Lukan would also be a great source as she has written some nice articles for The Athletic. Her twitter name is @AlisonL.

Another young lady who writes some great stories for OSU Women's Hockey is Aubrey Nelson (@DeadlyNuts). She writes OSU Women's Hockey stories for www.ElevenWarriors.com.

Comment

Andrew Joseph writes the stories for the student newspaper (The Lantern). You can do a search using the link below and find his email.

https://www.osu.edu/findpeople/

As others have mentioned, Alison Lukan would also be a great source as she has written some nice articles for The Athletic. Her twitter name is @AlisonL.

Another young lady who writes some great stories for OSU Women's Hockey is Aubrey Nelson (@DeadlyNuts). She writes OSU Women's Hockey stories for www.ElevenWarriors.com.
                            Ah this is helpful, thanks! I'll reach out to Alison too if I don't hear from Andrew, I just shot him an email a few minutes ago. I hadn't heard of these folks before -- thank you!

Comment

Grant, I have several folks on The Scarlet Liners (OSU Hockey Fan Page on facebook) asking me if the game is going to be on tv or streamed. Do you have any idea on that? I told them I would find out and get back to them. I don't see where it is going to be on tv, but I thought you might know if it will be on BCEAGLES.TV.

Comment

Grant, I have several folks on The Scarlet Liners (OSU Hockey Fan Page on facebook) asking me if the game is going to be on tv or streamed. Do you have any idea on that? I told them I would find out and get back to them. I don't see where it is going to be on tv, but I thought you might know if it will be on BCEAGLES.TV.
                                It'll definitely be streamed for free somewhere or another. BC's games are usually on ESPN3; I'm not positive if it'll be on that or another platform but I know BC is figuring out where they'll have it. It'll definitely be streamed somewhere though.

Comment

Working...
                                X