Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #6 Ohio State @ #4 Boston College: Nice To Meet You

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    If they are out of control or too aggressive, then they might have a Minnesota circa 2011 experience on their trip to Chestnut Hill.
    God that game was a 60 minute party
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      http://www.ohiohockeydigest.com/news...le/show/880403

This is a fantastic article on Lynsey Wallace for those wondering. Apologies if the link doesn’t work automatically, may need to copy paste.

You can scroll down to the part that reads “a unique path” if you are interested in how she ended up at OHio State.FWIW I feel the commentary also sheds insight on the state of girls hockey in Ohio (there’s a lot of work to be done, producing some talented players but too many have to go play high school hockey elsewhere) and also Muzzerall’s recruiting approach.
      Thanks for that. Indeed interesting.

Comment

BC has a great power play. Hockey East refs call a LOT of penalties.
        Would they use Hockey East officials in a NCAA quarterfinal game?
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          They might. As I said, there's no longer anything in the rules about them not doing so.

Comment

I know I've said this already and I'll probably say it another 10 times but wow, I am just so excited for this game. This really feels like a national tournament game.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
              They might. As I said, there's no longer anything in the rules about them not doing so.
              As long as none of the officials from the Olympics work the games everything should be fine.

Comment

Maybe they can save a couple hundred bucks by not flying in other refs to do the game.

Comment

Yes, the officials are typically those from the home team in quarters. We had WCHA officials for Princeton at UM two years ago.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Maybe they can save a couple hundred bucks by not flying in other refs to do the game.
                    They could save a lot more if they just had a couple of parents volunteer like we used to for mites. I can not blow a whistle as well as the folks we saw this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                      I can not blow a whistle as well as the folks we saw this weekend.
                      I had a similar thought. Call nothing, get in the way of the puck/players, fall down for no reason behind the play, go review plays that nobody in the building thought were goals -- I can do all of that. Although admittedly, I'd probably fall down so many times that someone might get injured laughing.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

They could save a lot more if they just had a couple of parents volunteer like we used to for mites. I can not blow a whistle as well as the folks we saw this weekend.
                        I never thought I'd be nostalgic for Brad Shephard, but I was this past weekend. I'm still glad his brother Derek retired though. It hasn't gotten that bad.

Derek Shephard finally made a correct call. http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...alls-it-career
                        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-05-2018, 08:32 PM. Reason: Wonder if he got a gold whistle.
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I assumed Zeglen is from Lake Wobegone as she looked well above average.
                          Yeah, Amanda is going to be a good one. It's not easy to come in cold, having only played six games all season (WCHA semi-final vs Minnesota was her seventh game).

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            HA

No.

hahaha
                            Haha, thanks TTT! Try not to laugh too hard, but I actually did get on BC's athletic website today, ordered tickets and printed them off. I wanted to make sure I was one of the 7,884!

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                              The Conte Forum is a really nice venue. You'll probably be able to rent your own section though at game time. It's built for Power 5 bounce ball. Heck, when I was there in the mid 90's, you wouldn't even know it was a hockey arena. There were more plaques and stories about Doug Flutie and the football team than the hockey team... but that was before the BC men's hockey team was good.

I really hope that this game doesn't overlap the Clarkson game. This matchup really intrigues me.
                              I am really looking forward to the trip and seeing a game there for the first time. Guess I won't have any trouble finding a decent seat!

Comment

BC has a great power play. Hockey East refs call a LOT of penalties. The Buckeyes will have to be careful, or they'll soon be behind the 8-ball. If they play fast and smart, then their forecheck can cause BC problems. If they are out of control or too aggressive, then they might have a Minnesota circa 2011 experience on their trip to Chestnut Hill.
                                Yeah, we will definitely have to stay out of the box. BC is way too good to put on the power play, and well, playing in the WCHA, we have grown accustomed to refs who do not call much, so our team will need to adjust quickly!

Comment

Working...
                                X