#6 Ohio State @ #4 Boston College: Nice To Meet You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    I remember noting that last year. You either have to recognize them, or wait until you see the names in a box score later on. (I don't recognize them from WCHA, but I haven't gotten a good look, either.)
    In Madison they announced the names and had their faces on the video display. Sadly, it was the "best" WCHA crew with Ludwig. None of them brought their seeing eye dog which they sure could have used.

Comment

• Re: #6 Ohio State @ #4 Boston College: Nice To Meet You

Credit the Buckeyes for playing as hard and as well as they did, but BC again can't get over the hump. All that firepower and can't even score once.
      "No matter where you go, there you are"

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Did you seriously not watch this game? BC was a different team in the third period thanks in no small part to a complete change in gameplan. We ditched trying to thread through OSU's excellent D and started taking shots from up top.

Not to mention the fact that Kinger even had us in this position despite losing half of our entire defensive corps for the entire season. Come on man. I wouldn't trade Kinger for any coach alive.
        Give OSU credit they deserved to win. I was talking more in general to previous games before today. But even today why wait until the 3rd to make those game adjustments?

Anyway another fine season of hockey by the ladies and one day maybe next season they can get over the hump for Crowley
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

I know that TTT disagrees with my theory but honestly, given the past few years, BC has owned HE yet cannot get the NC.......IMHO, regardless of their out of conference play, unless you are being tested every weekend, (coming from behind, a goalie playing out of her head, coaching adjustments, having a bad game) it’s more likely that when you do come up against a wall, it will stop you....I don’t have to be a cheerleader for the ECAC nor WCHA....we know that their depth is greater than HE, even if it’s only by 2 other teams.....you get my point......it was the difference for UNH, when we forayed into the NCAA conversation, and I feel it still has its affect.....

Comment

• Originally posted by zoofer View Post
            I know that TTT disagrees with my theory but honestly, given the past few years, BC has owned HE yet cannot get the NC.......IMHO, regardless of their out of conference play, unless you are being tested every weekend, (coming from behind, a goalie playing out of her head, coaching adjustments, having a bad game) it’s more likely that when you do come up against a wall, it will stop you....I don’t have to be a cheerleader for the ECAC nor WCHA....we know that their depth is greater than HE, even if it’s only by 2 other teams.....you get my point......it was the difference for UNH, when we forayed into the NCAA conversation, and I feel it still has its affect.....
            Don’t forget they also got knocked off by 7th seed UConn in the semis in the Hockey East tournament which surprised me given their dominance in league games. UConn used their game plan effectively well.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Gutted. Congrats to OSU, I can't say enough good things about how well your team played in every facet of the game. Forwards were great, defense was nails, and the goaltending looked better and better with every minute that ticked off the clock.

You guys kicked our *** for 40 minutes and Sauvé took over in the 3rd. I think at least on this day, the better team and the team that deserved to win, won.

Someday we'll win one of these things...
              Grant, it was great meeting you! Katie Burt was amazing and kept BC in the game. With her being a senior, I hope you have someone that can step into her shoes next season! She was amazing. I didn't think we were ever going to get one past her! BC came out firing in that third period and I was sweating it out for most of that period while it was still 1-0. When Maddy Field got that second goal late in the third, I exhaled a little. I know some have questioned some of the coaching moves, but I did not feel coaching was the problem for BC. The only thing I wondered about after it was over was why she did not pull the goalie when BC had a face off in our zone at the end with 1:44 left. She explained in the postgame presser regarding that, though. Needless to say, we had a great time up there. We will need to come back someday when we can stay longer and explore Boston! We enjoyed a nice postgame meal at Seasons 52 on Boylston with the team and parents before heading back down the road. I know the season ended a few games short for your team, but your team had a great season!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                Grant, it was great meeting you!
                Yes it was nice meeting you too! We're really going to miss Burt... she was a great representative of our school. But the future is bright out here in Chestnut Hill; we'll get ours yet!
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Yes it was nice meeting you too! We're really going to miss Burt... she was a great representative of our school. But the future is bright out here in Chestnut Hill; we'll get ours yet!
                  Completely agree with you that your future is bright out there. And what a great facility. I was really impressed with Conte Forum. I had to go through the men's hockey section until I found pictures of one of my favorite Columbus Blue Jackets ... #13 former BC Eagle Cam Atkinson. But you are correct, bright future for BC Eagles Women's Hockey, especially with those Olympians coming back next season. If someone steps up in net for the Eagles next season, your team will be next to impossible to score against with those D's coming back. I think our future is bright as well. We will have a vast majority of our team back, plus a pretty nice recruiting class. Kassidy Sauve will be back for her senior year, so that will be big.

Comment

• Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                    Completely agree with you that your future is bright out there. And what a great facility. I was really impressed with Conte Forum. I had to go through the men's hockey section until I found pictures of one of my favorite Columbus Blue Jackets ... #13 former BC Eagle Cam Atkinson. But you are correct, bright future for BC Eagles Women's Hockey, especially with those Olympians coming back next season. If someone steps up in net for the Eagles next season, your team will be next to impossible to score against with those D's coming back. I think our future is bright as well. We will have a vast majority of our team back, plus a pretty nice recruiting class. Kassidy Sauve will be back for her senior year, so that will be big.
                    Yes, Cam Atkinson!! Scored a couple goals for us at the Frozen Four for us my senior year. Happy to have been able to hand him off to you.

Hopefully your girls can knock off the Badgers and Gophers s couple times for us again next year!

Comment

Hopefully your girls can knock off the Badgers and Gophers a couple times for us again next year!
                      Don't trust him, 86. In future years this could easily morph into "Hopefully your girls can knock off the Buckeyes and Gophers a couple times for us again next year!"
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Don't trust him, 86. In future years this could easily morph into "Hopefully your girls can knock off the Buckeyes and Gophers a couple times for us again next year!"
                        I will sell your team out IMMEDIATELY if it helps my own

Comment

I will sell your team out IMMEDIATELY if it helps my own
                          Exactly my point!
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

LOL, you guys are funny! I was not fibbing about being a Cam Atkinson fan, either! I got a road white CBJ #13 ATKINSON upstairs in my hockey sweater closet. As for knocking off the Gophers and Badgers next season, right now I am just focused on the Clarkson Golden Knights! One game at a time, guys!

Comment

Working...
                            X