Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Yeah, you da man.
    Come on. Lay it on me. Back up your big talk.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Are you sure that you aren't having problems? That one is the same link as in post 93 of this thread.
    Chrome is OK, Firefox is broken.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Up to $4,465. Someone just donated $1K. OTOH, the women have received just $40. That's even a worse ratio than game attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Chrome is OK, Firefox is broken.
    Don't believe anything with Fox in its title.

There certainly is a wide variation among all the sports teams https://impact.rpi.edu/g/letsgored.

I miss Tie Domi
    They could make the $5K in one day having already passed $3K. An interesting collection of donors. https://impact.rpi.edu/project/4733/wall There is a challenge for players to contribute $5 so many have done so. The only hockey alum I see so far is Ken Hammond '85. (I assume that I can post this since the page is public.)
    The Swede gave $6 😜. Several parents weighing in with sizable gifts. They're on track to hit $5k by dinner time.

Edit: based on my quick math and if I punched the numbers accurately, an anonymous donor contributed $3,500.
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-06-2018 at 03:19 PM.

RPI'88, BU'99

There certainly is a wide variation among all the sports teams https://impact.rpi.edu/g/letsgored.
    I think we should all pool our money and donate $2500 in Aspydad's name so he can try dating a different coach!

In all seriousness... I think AD raises a lot of good points and was not really attacking anyone. Nothing wrong with him sticking up for SA. Well done AD.

People seem a little on edge. Frustration gets old fast. Hopefully we are all feeling better at this time next year.
    Last edited by jmhusker; 03-06-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    The Swede gave $6 ��. Several parents weighing in with sizable gifts. They're on track to hit $5k by dinner time.
    Maybe he gave 5 Euros.

RPI'88, BU'99

Maybe he gave 5 Euros.
    That sounds like $1 per each win to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    The Swede gave $6 ��. Several parents weighing in with sizable gifts. They're on track to hit $5k by dinner time.

Edit: based on my quick math and if I punched the numbers accurately, an anonymous donor contributed $3,500.
    Check your math.
    Giving has also slowed down.

I miss Tie Domi
    Check your math.
    I knew I'd screw that up !😜

They need $4 now.

Yesterday's post which I forgot. It always takes a while before I get into the swing of this.

Today is 6 March 2018. There are 214 days (7 months) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.

Today is 7 March 2018. There are 213 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Come on. Lay it on me. Back up your big talk.
    Sorry, I will never stoop to your level.
    Have a nice day.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Not a player, I just crush a lot
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Sorry, I will never stoop to your level.
    Have a nice day.
    "Stoop to my level."

You're going to insinuate something about me, then not follow up on it? Sounds like you're not even up to my level, honestly. That's disappointing, I always had a great deal of respect for you, but this is the internet equivalent of knocking on someone's door and then running away before the open it. Not brave in the slightest.

I back up what I say. I don't think I need to apologize for that, but perhaps you should consider what you say if you're not willing to stand by it.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

I miss Tie Domi
    Check your math.
    They're within $4..,,I'm giving them the tap in. 😜
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 03-07-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Made in the USA

The forward situation is the most complicated. We have 14 eligible to return, Wiffen, J. Ohrvall, Tironese, Hayhurst, Marrello, Polino, Reisinger, Burgess, E. Ohrvall, Stout, Burke, Jerry, Richards, and Ott. Mike Gornell, a North Dakota transfer, is already on campus. There are seven forwards who are due to arrive in the fall, Ashbrook, Lacka, DiGrande, Bendorf, Linden, Bowman, and Lee. That makes a total of 22 and there could be others whom we know nothing about. I don’t think anyone has suggested that we will keep 22. 15 or 16 seems most likely.

Of the newcomers, DiGrande, Linden, Bowman, and Lee are aging out of juniors and must come. Lacka, Ashbrook, and Bendorf could all go back to juniors. I do think that all will come. Ashbrook has signed a letter of intent which is another indication that he will show up in the fall. We don’t know about the other two. Bendorf already appears in the on-line RPI directory which is a sign that he intends to come. Lacka is the most likely to defer to 2019.

I received some indication of players likely to leave which I won’t mention. Also the Ohrvall brothers have not played much lately which makes me wonder about them. Stout, a late Appert recruit, may leave, but he has played more recently. We heard rumors at the beginning of this year that Hayhurst had to be convinced to stay at RPI. I certainly hope that he stays now. Any of the others could also leave, but it is far from clear to me who is likely.

I am very interested in others’ opinions on this and the previous two posts.
    And now for something that isn't in-fighting...

I assume that the list of forwards is up to date. From the scholarships, Tironese, Wiffen, J. Orvhall, Burgess, Hayhurst, Polino, E. Orvhall, Jerry, Stout according to Norsemen. NLI contract is for one year, so there's no longevity concerns.

The forwards who played less than 2/3 of eligible games include Richards, J. Öhrwall, Stout, Burke (just barely under). Reisinger was just barely over the hump, as was Marrello but he had an injury after the first SLU game until Christmas break. Jerry is the only returning forward who played in every game. I'm not sure if we want to bring Meirs Moore into this discussion as well, given he has played forward for a few of the games that he did, which was also under 2/3. I see a potential vulnerability or two in that list.

The returning forwards who were -10 or lower include Tironese, Wiffen, E. Öhrwall, Marrello. Ott and Reisinger were close with -9 and -8 respectively. I understand that's going to be lower because of our record this year, as the only player in the + was Kyle St. Denis (played after Dartmouth got their touchdown, had a 1.000 SV% on one shot). I don't think this is going to mean much towards who would stay and who would go, but I will put it here in case someone thinks it's important.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    And now for something that isn't in-fighting...

I assume that the list of forwards is up to date. From the scholarships, Tironese, Wiffen, J. Orvhall, Burgess, Hayhurst, Polino, E. Orvhall, Jerry, Stout according to Norsemen. NLI contract is for one year, so there's no longevity concerns.

The forwards who played less than 2/3 of eligible games include Richards, J. Öhrwall, Stout, Burke (just barely under). Reisinger was just barely over the hump, as was Marrello but he had an injury after the first SLU game until Christmas break. Jerry is the only returning forward who played in every game. I'm not sure if we want to bring Meirs Moore into this discussion as well, given he has played forward for a few of the games that he did, which was also under 2/3. I see a potential vulnerability or two in that list.

The returning forwards who were -10 or lower include Tironese, Wiffen, E. Öhrwall, Marrello. Ott and Reisinger were close with -9 and -8 respectively. I understand that's going to be lower because of our record this year, as the only player in the + was Kyle St. Denis (played after Dartmouth got their touchdown, had a 1.000 SV% on one shot). I don't think this is going to mean much towards who would stay and who would go, but I will put it here in case someone thinks it's important.
    I tried very hard to be up to date, but I have made one or two errors in my time. Although Moore played forward, I suspect that he is still penciled in as a defenseman. The log jam at forward is much bigger than that on D.

I went through an analysis like you did about who has played and who has not, and then I threw it out. I think the early part of the season is not important, the important part as I see it is who has been a healthy scratch recently.

And don't worry, this could also lead to in-fighting.

Made in the USA

We have six defensemen eligible to return, Moore, Grant, Samec, Manley, Reilly, and Harris. We have four defensemen who are listed to come in the fall, Modry, Babichuk, Ferner, and Hallbauer. Note that Shane Bear who I had listed as a 2018 recruit is not eligible at that time since he played for UMA in the fall.

I suspect that Modry has decommited or was told by the staff that we are no longer interested. He still could come in 2019. Ferner and Hallbauer are 97's and have aged out of juniors. Babichuk could return to juniors, but I expect that he won’t. We could go with 9 defensemen as we have had that many before or one of the existing forwards could be leaving. I heard a rumor in that regard and can’t mention it. Of course we still could have other defensemen whom we don’t know about yet to muddy the situation more. BTW, the three new d-men as well as Bear are all shorter that 6-foot tall which may indicate a direction which Coach Smith is going.

Comments?
    Of the returning D-men, Reilly played in every game, while Moore, Harris, and Manley were under 2/3, and Samec just barely over. Those under -10 include Reilly, Samec, and Grant.

Remember also that Moore has been playing forward to get into the lineup as of late.

Thread Information