X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
    Have to agree. I think it's great that the program churns out men with solid characters and moral fortitude, but as a hockey fan I go to the rink (or in my case, watch RPITV) looking for on ice performance without much regard to how classy they are off of it. I think the program could benefit from a couple of scrappers that can bring some nastiness to the games in the near term - nothing like a little intimidation to make our opponents fear coming to HFH...
    Of course we're in the ECAC, so we'll end up seeing dudes in stripes pretend like they're in school again.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
      Have to agree. I think it's great that the program churns out men with solid characters and moral fortitude, but as a hockey fan I go to the rink (or in my case, watch RPITV) looking for on ice performance without much regard to how classy they are off of it. I think the program could benefit from a couple of scrappers that can bring some nastiness to the games in the near term - nothing like a little intimidation to make our opponents fear coming to HFH...
      It looks like Jon Bendorf has solid character.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wanted to pass on word of Bob Zellwager's death over the weekend.

Bob was a season ticket holder for many years. Bob had Down's Syndrome. His family resisted efforts to have him institutionalized from an early age which was the accepted practice at that time. With the help of extended family and what later came to be known as Rensselaer County ARC, Bob was raised at home.

Bob loved the games and, in particular, really enjoyed the Band. He loved having the Band nearby on the stage. I seem to recall that he was in the first or second row in section 6 or 7. The Field House was really a special place for him. He'll be missed.

His funeral is on Wednesday morning at Our Lady of Victory Church in Troy. Please keep Bob in your prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
          Wanted to pass on word of Bob Zellwager's death over the weekend.

Bob was a season ticket holder for many years. Bob had Down's Syndrome. His family resisted efforts to have him institutionalized from an early age which was the accepted practice at that time. With the help of extended family and what later came to be known as Rensselaer County ARC, Bob was raised at home.

Bob loved the games and, in particular, really enjoyed the Band. He loved having the Band nearby on the stage. I seem to recall that he was in the first or second row in section 6 or 7. The Field House was really a special place for him. He'll be missed.

His funeral is on Wednesday morning at Our Lady of Victory Church in Troy. Please keep Bob in your prayers.
          Is he the fella who would lead the National Anthem as if he was “the Maestro”? At least he used to till this year when he had to use a walker. He was one of the many things that made, for me, a night at HFH special.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Is he the fella who would lead the National Anthem as if he was “the Maestro”? At least he used to till this year when he had to use a walker. He was one of the many things that made, for me, a night at HFH special.
            Turk, I believe you are correct. I was always hoping that he would be invited to lead the band one time during the anthem. Nights at HFH won’t be the same without him. Rest In Peace, Bob.

Comment

Today is 2 May 2018. There are 157 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Yes. Rest In Peace Maestro. May you now make beautiful music forever with the Angels
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    No wonder CJ Lee kept putting his foot in the crease. It's all coming full circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      It looks like Jon Bendorf has solid character.

JB also won the overall NAHL Community Service Award.

2017-18 Community Service Award: Jonathan Bendorf, Aberdeen Wings

Jonathan understands the value of giving back, and continues to go above and beyond for the team. He never has to be asked to participate, and often shows up when not requested. It is never a question when it comes to who to send to an event, as Jonathan always steps up and volunteers. He is truly unique when it comes to his passion for the community. He was acquired in a trade, which Coach Scott Langer hails as one of the best trades he has made in his career. He is a tremendous locker room guy, who excels in every way, and motivates his teammates to give back to the community. This season, the Aberdeen Wings have completed thousands of hours of community service between players, staff, and volunteers. One of the appearances the players do each season, is to the non-profit Aspire, an organization supports people with disabilities of all types. After one appearance there, Jonathan took it upon himself to organize a group of guys that visited Aspire every week. The difference this has made in Aspire client’s lives is tremendous. From throwing darts, doing spin art, playing BINGO, and just hanging out, the relationships developed are truly special. Each year the team focuses on spending a large amount of their time making a difference in the community, and Jonathan has been a driving force around growing this. The Wings have team appearances at the School for the Blind, Aspire, the YMCA, helping victims of domestic abuse, waiting tables for the community theater, and spreading awareness by participating in the Out of Darkness Suicide Prevention 5k. This season, they Wings also held a jersey auction for the Shriners, and were able to donate over $20,000 back into the community. "Jonathan is committed to being at as many community events possible and his compassion and heart in the community is a huge reason why he is a fan favorite in Aberdeen. Jonathan truly makes a difference each time he steps into the community, and the Wings are proud to have him wearing their logo and representing the team," said Wings head coach Scott Langer.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        No wonder CJ Lee kept putting his foot in the crease. It's all coming full circle.
                        Obviously there is something that I have forgotten. What is this in reference to?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Obviously there is something that I have forgotten. What is this in reference to?
                          The 1999 Stanley Cup's No Goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            The 1999 Stanley Cup's No Goal.
                            Monty to the nhl
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                              Monty to the nhl

Thanks for letting us know.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Today is 3 May 2018. There are 156 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X