This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    He can't choose to not enroll without losing a year (and he's too old to make any other route worthwhile), so unless the school cancels it, he'll be here next year. Signing at the time he did is for 18-19.
    Ashbrook is a 98 and has another year of eligibility to play Jrs. As for the NLI ... it spells out the commitment that the school is making and the year it is for. It could be for any given year and the player can defer he chooses to and change the entrance date. The earliest the NLI can be signed is the Fall signing period of the Athletes senior year in High Scho. The school can’t push it back without the player agreeing. The player can decide not to come but the school still is in control. The player is still bound by the NLI and isn’t free to talk to another school. The source I have on Ashbrook is solid and spoke to him and heard it directly from him. He’s coming to RPI but not until 19-20.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Today is 9 April 2018. There are 180 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-14-2018, 01:56 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
        Ashbrook is a 98 and has another year of eligibility to play Jrs. As for the NLI ... it spells out the commitment that the school is making and the year it is for. It could be for any given year and the player can defer he chooses to and change the entrance date. The earliest the NLI can be signed is the Fall signing period of the Athletes senior year in High Scho. The school can’t push it back without the player agreeing. The player can decide not to come but the school still is in control. The player is still bound by the NLI and isn’t free to talk to another school. The source I have on Ashbrook is solid and spoke to him and heard it directly from him. He’s coming to RPI but not until 19-20.
        Thanks. that makes sense which means it probably isn't correct. I think that that FD18 thought that the NCAA listened to me and made the maximum age when classes start how old I was at graduation (20 years, 5 months, 5 days).
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
          Then I would expect that he would have to sign one next year in order to receive an athletic scholarship, based on the information given by the NCAA and NLI board on effective season. I'm sure there's official semantics that are where any sort of disagreement would come between us, and not really much of a reason to get into those. We'll look forward to seeing him then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Thanks. that makes sense which means it probably isn't correct. I think that that FD18 thought that the NCAA listened to me and made the maximum age when classes start how old I was at graduation (20 years, 5 months, 5 days).
            Assuming you're not talking about my posting cousin that's 10 years my junior , I was more of referring to how the semantics of the NLI work based on the public information that is given. It's what path is taken to the same end result, but the end result is most important.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Then I would expect that he would have to sign one next year in order to receive an athletic scholarship, based on the information given by the NCAA and NLI board on effective season. I'm sure there's official semantics that are where any sort of disagreement would come between us, and not really much of a reason to get into those. We'll look forward to seeing him then.
              I would agree ... its a matter of semantics. They can be pushed by the parties if they agree to it but each side is giving something up. One interesting item, if a school does not release a player from the NLI and they choose not to come, the player must sit a year. Conversely, if the school doesn't release the player they too can not use that scholarship money. The school can't have it both ways. So it benefits the school to release the player. The school though can tie it to where the player may or may not attend though as a condition of the release.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Assuming you're not talking about my posting cousin that's 10 years my junior , I was more of referring to how the semantics of the NLI work based on the public information that is given. It's what path is taken to the same end result, but the end result is most important.
                Are you going to his/her graduation?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Are you going to his/her graduation?
                  Dropped out early, and instead was at a wedding.

Comment

Well, you beat me. I was exactly 20 1/2 years old on graduation day. Does anyone know the youngest player we've ever had? I know Patrick Koudys was still 17 when he stepped on the Field House ice for the first time. Did we have any really young prodigies back in the old days?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      Well, you beat me. I was exactly 20 1/2 years old on graduation day. Does anyone know the youngest player we've ever had? I know Patrick Koudys was still 17 when he stepped on the Field House ice for the first time. Did we have any really young prodigies back in the old days?
                      It is wrong, but Hockeydb claims that Don Cutts was 18 when he graduated. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=6248 He actually was 3 years older, but at 21 he was still young.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jim Knowlton moves on from the Air Force Academy:
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-10-2018, 01:43 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jim Knowlton moves on from CC:
                          What a Stanford victory.

Comment

Today is 10 April 2018. There are 179 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-14-2018, 01:56 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

An email from the RPI Gift Planning Office went into my spam folder.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

An email from the RPI Gift Planning Office went into my spam folder.
                                When I was at the tute, I had a screenshot stating that an e-mail from RPI was a scam. And this was on Mandrake Linux. Yes, you read that right. Not Mandriva. They even knew something was up back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X