X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    If my grandmother had wheels she would be a baby carriage. Skating closely with 2 teams that reached the final four somehow did not make me feel all warm and fuzzy. There is so much to be done that it boggles the mind. Can it happen? Perhaps, but i do not think we can even begin to predict until we first know who we will have on this team for the next year.
    I would be surprised if this is far from the truth:
    F: Wiffen, Hayhurst, Marrello, Polino, Burgess, Burke, Ott, Jerry, Gornall, Linden, Bendorf, Bowman, Lee, Lacka, Ashbrook, DiGrande
    D: Moore, Grant, Samec, Reilly, Harris, Hallbauer, Ferner, Babichuk, Bear (midyear)
    G: Perry, Marshall, Savory
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      F: Wiffen, Hayhurst, Marrello, Polino, Burgess, Burke, Ott, Jerry, Gornall, Linden, Bendorf, Bowman, Lee, Lacka, Ashbrook, DiGrande
      D: Moore, Grant, Samec, Reilly, Harris, Hallbauer, Ferner, Babichuk, Bear (midyear)
      So we have Linden, Marshall, and Linden Marshall. Got it.😉

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
        So we have Linden, Marshall, and Linden Marshall. Got it.��
        Did I mess something up? I usually do.
        The new forward is named Ture Linden.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Duluth 2, Domers 1
          Off season for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Meirs Moore played both Forward and Defense this past season. It's anyone's guess where he fits in next year.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 04-07-2018, 11:07 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Meirs Moore played both Forward and Defense this past season. It's anyone's guess where he fits in next year.
              Good point. That might be the reason that we were looking at Campoli.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-08-2018, 01:55 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 8 April 2018. There are 181 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-14-2018, 01:56 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                  So we have Linden, Marshall, and Linden Marshall. Got it.😉
                  We did have Bradley and Bradley Bell a few years ago. I think we'll manage.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    We did have Bradley and Bradley Bell a few years ago. I think we'll manage.
                    I am more concerned about Perry Laskaris keeping them apart than about us. It shouldn't be a problem because one is a skater and one is a goalie.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Ashbrook from what I have been told is not coming in this year and I don't believe Lacka is either. I've heard that there is a forward transferring in that will not be available to play until second semester. The same with the Defense. A couple of transfers coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                        Ashbrook from what I have been told is not coming in this year and I don't believe Lacka is either. I've heard that there is a forward transferring in that will not be available to play until second semester. The same with the Defense. A couple of transfers coming.
                        Certainly possible. Shane Bear could be the transferring defender since he played for UMass. Even better would be if we were getting Michael Campoli (BC) who visited, but I think we would have heard. Gornall (I keep wanting to write Cornell) is already on campus and is a North Dakota transfer.

As to Ashbrook and Lacka, they both could wait until 2019, but it really bothers me that we are getting so many players who age out of juniors.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-08-2018, 09:08 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          RB: Thanks for this list, I was getting a bit confused with all the notices of comings and goings. I pretty much agree with most of these but have my doubts about 3 of them being included in the list for sure. I have heard but cannot post about 2 other possible names that could be added. other than when coach Harkness left (and both Jenny and I were just young kids), this coming year may mark the most turnover in one season we have ever seen.
                          Anyone who can venture a guess about what to expect under that circumstance has to be using a crystal ball.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Ralph has Ashbrook as having signed a letter of intent. If he chooses not to enroll in the fall (or is asked not to enroll, which I find doubtful given our desperate need for anyone that can even locate the net), is he still bound by his NCAA LoI? I know in basketball the letter is just for that year, which makes sense because not enrolling invariably means either a release to pursue another school or going to a JC, in which case an NCAA LoI isn't relevant. Is going back to junior the hockey equivalent that invalidates the LoI or can we then count on Ashbrook for '19?

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                              Ralph has Ashbrook as having signed a letter of intent. If he chooses not to enroll in the fall (or is asked not to enroll, which I find doubtful given our desperate need for anyone that can even locate the net), is he still bound by his NCAA LoI? I know in basketball the letter is just for that year, which makes sense because not enrolling invariably means either a release to pursue another school or going to a JC, in which case an NCAA LoI isn't relevant. Is going back to junior the hockey equivalent that invalidates the LoI or can we then count on Ashbrook for '19?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                                He can't choose to not enroll without losing a year (and he's too old to make any other route worthwhile), so unless the school cancels it, he'll be here next year. Signing at the time he did is for 18-19.

Comment

Working...
                                X