This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Interesting statistic from WaP: Against the #1 seeds in the national tournament, we went 1-3-2, and one of those 3 losses was in overtime. I guess the biggest question mark under our coach that just completed his first year with us: When are we going to play consistently, rather than to the level of the competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      IIRC, the article said he had to pay $71K.
      Roughly $2K per week for grad school. Wonder what program he's in?

Comment

Today is 20 March 2018. There are 200 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

An article by WaP on a sad but true topic. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2018/03/relevant.html
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Nice read. And yes, I'm sort of working around the bots with this.

Comment

pwned by the North Koreans.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Interesting statistic from WaP: Against the #1 seeds in the national tournament, we went 1-3-2, and one of those 3 losses was in overtime. I guess the biggest question mark under our coach that just completed his first year with us: When are we going to play consistently, rather than to the level of the competition?
                You could ask that question of each of the coaches that we have had since 1993 when I started following the Engineers.

Personally, I think that for the most part, we were consistent. We were competitive in most games and just fell a little short.
                I think that Smith has us on the right trajectory, we just have to see if that continues. A little more scoring talent wouldn't hurt either.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  An article by WaP on a sad but true topic. http://www.withoutapeer.com/2018/03/relevant.html
                  Relevance as in all college sports, is a year to year thing. As all teams change every year. The last time RPI was relevant, was when we had Pirri and D'Amigo.
                  The next time we become relevant, is when we have a winning season. I wonder what Cornell would say, if you asked them if we were relevant this year.
                  Like you, I will always think that RPI is a relevant team. JMHO
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    Relevance as in all college sports, is a year to year thing.....
                    Try telling that to Nick Saban or Gino Auriemma 😜
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Relevance as in all college sports, is a year to year thing. As all teams change every year. The last time RPI was relevant, was when we had Pirri and D'Amigo.
                      The next time we become relevant, is when we have a winning season. I wonder what Cornell would say, if you asked them if we were relevant this year.
                      It matters just what one means by relevant. By WaP's definition, I think that he is correct.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Using that for a basis, in 2011 we would believe that UAH was relevant, because if it weren't for them splitting UNO, we wouldn't have made it in. Would we have considered Colgate relevant, though?

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Journal state outpatient therapy for the next few months, but the discharge news is terrific! https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nolangraham/journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Great, great, great news! Keep it up Nolan !!
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Great, great, great news! Keep it up Nolan !!
                                Truly terrific news! Much to be thankful for in this step! Please keep Nolan and family in your prayers and thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                                X