X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Who also had a goal and an assist in last weekend's game with UConn and a goal against BC yesterday. Good to see a 3 year RPI boy playing in the NCAA tournament. I think his line for BU this year was 5 goals and 12 assists for 17 points. Not bad for playing much of the eyar as a fourth line forward on a team stocked with NHL draft picks.
    If I’m correct Doc, since BU turned it around at the start of the year, Drew has been centering the 1st line; Tkatchuk/Melanson/Greenway. Greenway a 1st Rd pick, Tkatchuk probably a Top 5 in this yrs. Draft.......EDIT; actually, Drew’s been playing wing.
    Last edited by turk181; 03-17-2018, 09:52 PM.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Congratulations to Drew Melanson RW on BU 1st line C-Greenway (Olympics), LW-Thackuk. DM goal each night. Sorry not on alumni thread. ECAC should get 3 teams selected.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 18 March 2018. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
            Go Princeton
            Shows what good coaching does for u
            Great st Patty’s day at john k’s place
            All day
            Here's a bit of odd irony for you... I went to update my packages for Mint, and found that clarkson.edu was unreachable (Yes, I use their repositories; I put one network hop between locations as priority over college rivalries). I go to find other repositories to use, and what happens to be one of the fastest? The math department at Princeton.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              If I’m correct Doc, since BU turned it around at the start of the year, Drew has been centering the 1st line; Tkatchuk/Melanson/Greenway. Greenway a 1st Rd pick, Tkatchuk probably a Top 5 in this yrs. Draft.......EDIT; actually, Drew’s been playing wing.
              i have been semi following his progress all season. As you know he was never the in your face super star scorer. I truly believe that BU brought him along well this year. He started fourth wing and occasional penalty kill. You are as usual, quite correct though. They saw something and put him with Tkatchuk and Greenway who have skills and the size for him to match with. That is all i wanted to see while he was at RPI but never did. He needed the chance to be used at what he does best, which is open the ice up for others. Most big skaters cannot keep up with his quickness and speed but he backs teams and defenses up just that extra step so that your bigger scorers have tha tiny bit of extra room to do what they can. Freshman year in Troy i thought he showed that was his forte and would be used as such but it just never happened. BU is now HE champs (and even their die hard fans did not imagine that happening once the year started). They are a talented team but BC is loaded and Providence has great talent and perhaps the best coach in knowing how to make use of what he has.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Thanks for posting thisRB. Nice little summary from the young lady but her statistics are off by 1 goal and 1 point as MD now has his line read 5-12-17. I would have settled for those numbers in Troy this year for sure. Remains to be seen how he and BU do in the tournament but just getting in is often the trick as with only 16 teams, anything can happen.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Congrats to Willy on his 1st pro point today...... Shane Berschbach (16) ASST: Jared Wilson (1), Austen Brassard (22) https://www.echl.com/stats/game-center/15772
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Thanks for posting thisRB. Nice little summary from the young lady but her statistics are off by 1 goal and 1 point as MD now has his line read 5-12-17. I would have settled for those numbers in Troy this year for sure. Remains to be seen how he and BU do in the tournament but just getting in is often the trick as with only 16 teams, anything can happen.
                    I didn't realize that he was not on scholarship at BU.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I didn't realize that he was not on scholarship at BU.
                      Makes sense considering, as a graduate student, you can usually get good grants.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Makes sense considering, as a graduate student, you can usually get good grants.
                        IIRC, the article said he had to pay $71K.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here's a bit of odd irony for you... I went to update my packages for Mint, and found that clarkson.edu was unreachable (Yes, I use their repositories; I put one network hop between locations as priority over college rivalries). I go to find other repositories to use, and what happens to be one of the fastest? The math department at Princeton.
                          I'm a Mint user too, six years ago I set up dad up too, he's in Florida and now 84 years old. Best thing I did for him and myself. Set up his Firefox with three bookmarks, his bank, his email and his patient portal. Mint recognized his multi function HP printer too.

Glad others on here use alternatives to Windows, makes life easier and safer for some. Funny how you couldn't connect to the Clarkson repositories.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

That entirely depends on what field you're in.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                              That entirely depends on what field you're in.
                              True; MBA probably doesn't offer anything.

Comment

Today is 19 March 2018. There are 201 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X