This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Thanks Ralph. I was going to look it up. I remember both seasons. One football win was a celebration after 43 game losing streak (6 years I think). The year before the coach celebrated winning a half.

Comment

Today is 13 March 2018. There are 207 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good luck to both Jared Wilson & Viktor Liljegren. Willy signed an ATO with Toledo & Vik signed an ATO with Reading, both in the ECHL.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
          Thanks Ralph. I was going to look it up. I remember both seasons. One football win was a celebration after 43 game losing streak (6 years I think). The year before the coach celebrated winning a half.
          I believe it was a 43 or 44 game winless streak I suffered through most of them. There was a homecoming tie with Nichols College that was specifically picked to end the streak of consecutive losses. RPI led by 14 points with a few minutes left and gave up 2 late touchdowns to settle for a tie. We tore down the goal posts anyway! The streak was broken with a win against Middlebury games later. It was not only the number of losses in that streak, it was the margins of scoring differential. We were absolutely slaughtered in some games.

i am not sure but believe ever since coach Harkness appeared on the scene, there has not been a season in which the hockey team failed to win more games than the football team. (until this past year)
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Congrats to Erik Burgdoerfer on his 1st NHL point, an assist ........ https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ott-v...game_tab=stats
            Last edited by turk181; 03-13-2018, 09:17 PM.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 14 March 2018. There are 206 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Good luck to both Jared Wilson & Viktor Liljegren. Willy signed an ATO with Toledo & Vik signed an ATO with Reading, both in the ECHL.
                Congrats on your 1st Pro goal Vik ......... Viktor Liljegren (1) ASST: Mark Bennett (11) ........Might as well throw this in, 30 seconds before Vik’s goal ..... #10 Curtis Leonard (3) ASST: #14 Gabriel Desjardins (31)
                Last edited by turk181; 03-14-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Comment

Today is 15 March 2018. There are 205 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My yearly opportunity to vote against SJ for the board of Directors of a company in which I own stock.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        My yearly opportunity to vote against SJ for the board of Directors of a company in which I own stock.
                        Has it ever been close, or like most of these proxy votes, is it just a mere formality? I assume it isn't Darden...

Comment

Just wondering Ralph, since this is a yearly thing, how is the stock doing with SJ on the board?
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Has it ever been close, or like most of these proxy votes, is it just a mere formality? I assume it isn't Darden...
                            I never look but undoubtedly it's a formality. I don't have much stock in it anyway. It is something which I inherited from my mother.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              Just wondering Ralph, since this is a yearly thing, how is the stock doing with SJ on the board?
                              It's been steadily going up with a glitch around 2008 like most stocks.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's been steadily going up with a glitch around 2008 like most stocks.
                                That's great. Sounds like somebody is doing a decent job.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X