Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 1001

Thread: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

  1. #701
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    I have a question regarding the Puckman logo. It looks like it was used as a primary logo some years back. Seems that the RPI is now the primary. I saw that they used Puckman for the Governor's cup this year, but i was wondering if there was ever talk of going back to it as the primary? Also saw the Rensselaer spelled out across the front. Curious as to peoples thoughts.

  2. #702
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,954

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by capswon View Post
    I have a question regarding the Puckman logo. It looks like it was used as a primary logo some years back. Seems that the RPI is now the primary. I saw that they used Puckman for the Governor's cup this year, but i was wondering if there was ever talk of going back to it as the primary? Also saw the Rensselaer spelled out across the front. Curious as to peoples thoughts.
    They've been trying to get rid of Puckman for a while now. Their front is inclusiveness of all sports.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  3. #703
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    That's a shame, I really like the Puckman. But the RPI on it's own is solid as well.

  4. #704
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    72

    Smile Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    They've been trying to get rid of Puckman for a while now. Their front is inclusiveness of all sports.
    When we first joined the faithful over 25 years ago, there was no "Puckman", the mascot was the bee whose mere presence terrorized my young son. We stayed despite that. So if Puckman has to go, perhaps she can be replaced by.....the Shirl?

  5. #705
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    21

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    I meant Mayor's cup.

  6. #706
    RPI'88, BU'99
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    All that glass façade has done is exorbitantly raise utility costs.
    When you have kids they are going to wonder why they are the only ones in their class that were born to a grandfather.

  7. #707
    RPI'88, BU'99
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Shore, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,638

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Noresmen View Post
    Let's see .... he left with 2 yrs of eligibility so what do you think his reasoning for leaving was?
    1. Didn't like the food at RPI
    2. Wanted to be one of Shirley's Bodyguards but was denied the job
    3. Didn't like the style of play in the ECAC
    4. Didn't like the coach
    5. Wanted a graduate degree from somewhere other than RPI
    6 More than one of the above
    7. All of the above
    8. Boston, girls and excitement

  8. #708
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    191,216

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October


  9. #709
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,954

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by jmhusker View Post
    When you have kids they are going to wonder why they are the only ones in their class that were born to a grandfather.
    Not sure what that's supposed to mean... plenty of people are generation-skips, though.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  10. #710
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,954

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    When we first joined the faithful over 25 years ago, there was no "Puckman", the mascot was the bee whose mere presence terrorized my young son. We stayed despite that. So if Puckman has to go, perhaps she can be replaced by.....the Shirl?
    The Shirl would only show up at football and basketball games.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  11. #711
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,954

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    What happened to the statute of limitations... http://www.syracuse.com/state/index....ons_coach.html
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  12. #712
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,161
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhusker View Post
    When you have kids they are going to wonder why they are the only ones in their class that were born to a grandfather.
    When they have kids, they're going to grow up to be democrats

  13. #713
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    191,216

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Today is 12 May 2018. There are 147 days (21 weeks) until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.

  14. #714
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    191,216

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Today is 13 May 2018. There are 146 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.

  15. #715
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    191,216

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Today is 14 May 2018. There are 145 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.

  16. #716
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    72

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The Shirl would only show up at football and basketball games.
    Or perhaps the Shirl would show up for just 3 or 4 games, never leave the suite above the west entrance, and get up and leave before the game is over. School spirit all the way.

  17. #717
    RIP WaP Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    191,216

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    Or perhaps the Shirl would show up for just 3 or 4 games, never leave the suite above the west entrance, and get up and leave before the game is over. School spirit all the way.
    There was the incident several years ago where she was going to participate in a pregame event at center ice, and a member of her entourage pushed me out of the way by the dasher during warm-ups while I was talking to turk181.

  18. #718
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,982

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    There was the incident several years ago where she was going to participate in a pregame event at center ice, and a member of her entourage pushed me out of the way by the dasher during warm-ups while I was talking to turk181.
    That was CLASSIC!!!! If only I had a picture of the expression on your face.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  19. #719
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    The Shirl would only show up at football and basketball games.
    To the best of my knowledge, neither Puckman, the bee, Otis the white horse, nor any other mascot has ever dropped in on an RPI home basketball game.

    The only thing that ever dropped in was melting snow, through the leaking roof of '87 Gym once upon a time.

  20. #720
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colonie, NY
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

    FYI, “the bee” had a name. It's name was Swarm.
    Sorry that it scared the kids, but it was my favorite RPI mascot.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •