X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    It's definitely a consideration. Coaches will normally try to stay in the good graces of NHL orgs and treat their draftees accordingly. That said, this is Perrys 2nd school, and Marshalll was starter for most of the season. Add in the fact that he's not a "Smith kid" and its not out of the realm of possibility that he's odd man odd out. As I've mentioned previously , when Marshall had back to back games with 7 goals allowed and Perry didn't get the following game start, that spoke volumes....
    Marshall wasn't a Smith kid either, was he? Either way, I don't think I'd put much stock in whose recruit it was, given Perry had some spectacular non-losing showings against a Frozen Four team in Ohio State. His game must have gone to heck, or there must have been some sort of a conflict of interest. I'm actually surprised Marshall wasn't pulled after about 4 or 5 goals in those touchdown routs, so it almost has to be the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      We need a 98-year old engineer instead.
      I thought that's where you come in .
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Marshall wasn't a Smith kid either, was he? Either way, I don't think I'd put much stock in whose recruit it was, given Perry had some spectacular non-losing showings against a Frozen Four team in Ohio State. His game must have gone to heck, or there must have been some sort of a conflict of interest. I'm actually surprised Marshall wasn't pulled after about 4 or 5 goals in those touchdown routs, so it almost has to be the latter.
        I was speaking of Perry. My point was that with Savory inbound, Smith has displayed no inclination to play Perry, even after his team surrendered 14 goals in two consecutive games. Even if it is just to change the dynamic, you'd think Smith would've run Perry out there....If for no other reason than to allow Marshall to exhale and take a mental night off. But he didn't do this and they lost to Q 4-1 the next night...and then 4-2, 5-2 etc over the next games

Bottom line, I would not be shocked if Perry leaves, rather then stay to compete to be the #2.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I was speaking of Perry. My point was that with Savory inbound, Smith has displayed no inclination to play Perry, even after his team surrendered 14 goals in two consecutive games. Even if it is just to change the dynamic, you'd think Smith would've run Perry out there....If for no other reason than to allow Marshall to exhale and take a mental night off. But he didn't do this and they lost to Q 4-1 the next night...and then 4-2, 5-2 etc over the next games

Bottom line, I would not be shocked if Perry leaves, rather then stay to compete to be the #2.
          I'm well aware you were speaking of Perry, as was I. I don't think he's sticking around, either. Only time he played was as what you could almost call an "emergency backup" to fix Marshall's skate blade, and then he was back in the next period. I really don't think Detroit is going to offer him a contract, especially if he hasn't been able to crack the starter's job at two schools. Of course, if he's released in favor of Savory, it's not exactly our problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            I thought that's where you come in .
            I was a math major.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Anyone going to the end of season post-mortem at HFH? I am not. It should be interesting to hear which players are/are not there.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Anyone going to the end of season post-mortem at HFH? I am not. It should be interesting to hear which players are/are not there.
                I forgot all about that. When is it? (Not that I will go, but curious.)
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I forgot all about that. When is it? (Not that I will go, but curious.)
                  Tonight 5-7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Tonight 5-7.
                    I'm eager to hear Dr. Mc's updates on the HFH renovation plans he boasted about last year ---which we haven't heard a peep about since. 😜

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                      I do listen to you, probably too much. Respectfully, you are just flat out wrong AD. I understand Seth leaving was/is an emotional flashpoint for you. But facts are facts.

from hockeydb.com

2018 .719% http://www.hockeydb.com/stte/u.s.-na...team-9725.html

USN U18 Team: http://www.hockeydb.com/stte/u.s.-na...eam-10862.html
                      2014 .769
                      2015 .769
                      2017 .750

In addition, Seth garnered his record playing the entirety of the U17 and U18 rosters - he has about 45 skaters across 2 distinct teams (U17 & U18) to deploy. I'm not sure he coaches the U17 unit in the USHL (the record we are squabbling about)

Maybe Seth improves greatly when someone else is recruting the cream of the US crop for him.

He doesn't have the HFH/RPI anchor around him. Of course, Union, and Brown and St. Lawrence, to name 3 programs, have arguably equal or more dismal facilities/support from the administration.

He also doesn't have RPI's strict admissions holding him back either. Of course, Princeton has somehow overcome their individual incredible educational burden to make it to the ECAC final tonight. Harvard and Cornell have done so multiple times.

None of this really matters. He didn't perform at RPI. He had a good opportunity. All 11 other programs have participated in the ECAC Frozen Four at least once, most went twice or more, during his tenure. RPI did not. It's that simple.

Have a nice evening AD.
                      https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...shl/456000002/

No apology warranted. Have a nice evening SS.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

[QUOTE=Wicked Slappaahs;6645994]
                        Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post

It's definitely a consideration. Coaches will normally try to stay in the good graces of NHL orgs and treat their draftees accordingly. That said, this is Perrys 2nd school, and Marshalll was starter for most of the season. Add in the fact that he's not a "Smith kid" and its not out of the realm of possibility that he's odd man odd out. As I've mentioned previously , when Marshall had back to back games with 7 goals allowed and Perry didn't get the following game start, that spoke volumes....
                        +1 well done.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

I'm eager to hear Dr. Mc's updates on the HFH renovation plans he boasted about last year ---which we haven't heard a peep about since. ��
                          They shouldnt have lied about it in the spring and summer..never going to happen. Your posts have been spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I'm actually surprised Marshall wasn't pulled after about 4 or 5 goals in those touchdown routs, so it almost has to be the latter.
                            Should have been. You don't do that to a kids confidence.

Comment

I was there.

All the players who were missing from the basketball photo were missing tonight, and Coach Smith himself confirmed that there have been "personnel changes" already. There were actually a few more players missing too - Linden Marshall, TJ Samec, Jacob Hayhurst and Patrick Polino - but I asked the guys about a couple of them (Jacob and Patrick) and were told they had late classes so I assume the same was true for Linden and TJ. I'm pretty confident that Linden, at least, has not been cut!

Nothing was said about the renovation plans and, although both Smith and McElroy took questions, nobody asked. I didn't see WS's post before I went and I didn't think of it myself - sorry.

Coach Smith made some brief comments about the past season - saying that the results weren't what they wanted or expected, but that the adjustments and improvements were. He pointed to the loss to Brown after leading 4-1 in the 3rd period as one of the big failures and to the win over Cornell (no surprise), holding on to a slim 2-1 lead, as an example of what he wants to see instead.

And - a highlight of the evening! - Nolan Graham's wife Crystal stopped by with their daughter Ellie. She said Nolan wanted her to come to thank everyone and tell them how much all the wonderful support meant to him. Nolan is home and doing outpatient therapy, improving every day, but with a long road ahead of him yet.
                              Charlene

Comment

• Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
                                I was there.

All the players who were missing from the basketball photo were missing tonight, and Coach Smith himself confirmed that there have been "personnel changes" already. There were actually a few more players missing too - Linden Marshall, TJ Samec, Jacob Hayhurst and Patrick Polino - but I asked the guys about a couple of them (Jacob and Patrick) and were told they had late classes so I assume the same was true for Linden and TJ. I'm pretty confident that Linden, at least, has not been cut!

Nothing was said about the renovation plans and, although both Smith and McElroy took questions, nobody asked. I didn't see WS's post before I went and I didn't think of it myself - sorry.

Coach Smith made some brief comments about the past season - saying that the results weren't what they wanted or expected, but that the adjustments and improvements were. He pointed to the loss to Brown after leading 4-1 in the 3rd period as one of the big failures and to the win over Cornell (no surprise), holding on to a slim 2-1 lead, as an example of what he wants to see instead.

And - a highlight of the evening! - Nolan Graham's wife Crystal stopped by with their daughter Ellie. She said Nolan wanted her to come to thank everyone and tell them how much all the wonderful support meant to him. Nolan is home and doing outpatient therapy, improving every day, but with a long road ahead of him yet.
                                Thnx for the report CM. Great news that Crystal stopped by the event ...continued thoughts and prayers to Nolan on his recovery.

So its Confirmed 11 kids departing. 3 seniors and 8 others are gone. Wow. thats gonna take a few chews to swallow. As I've said before, Smitty deserves the benefit of time to do things his way ...but he's out on the plank now sending that many kids packing. Here's hoping the arrow starts pointing up for our squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X