X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Was this it.............. “We are excited to have Chuck join our staff — his love for the game of hockey as well as his values and expectations are directly aligned with those of our hockey program,” said RPI coach Dave Smith in a statement. “He comes to RPI hockey with a tremendous understanding of how to develop players and people. He has been a head coach for a long time, developing players for the highest levels of professional hockey and those experiences will resonate with recruits and our current players as each of them pursues a career playing pro hockey.” https://www.uscho.com/2018/06/06/lon...at-rensselaer/
    I don't remember, but I suspect that USCHO used information in the RPI article.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-06-2018, 06:43 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 7 June 2018. There are 121 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.[/QUOTE]
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What about this as a possibility... Coach Weber is sick of pro hockey and wants to get into college, right? However, maybe he's not familiar enough with the collegiate recruiting process to yet be effective at this level. Somehow, I don't think Coach Weber is going to be here long, as he wants to understand recruiting first-hand before taking the helm of a full program. And with Coach Graham's injury, perhaps Graham's taking a "sabbatical" while Coach Weber now has a unique opportunity to learn the ebbs and flows of recruiting. Also, there's no contract listed, so it could very well be temp.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          What about this as a possibility... Coach Weber is sick of pro hockey and wants to get into college, right? However, maybe he's not familiar enough with the collegiate recruiting process to yet be effective at this level. Somehow, I don't think Coach Weber is going to be here long, as he wants to understand recruiting first-hand before taking the helm of a full program. And with Coach Graham's injury, perhaps Graham's taking a "sabbatical" while Coach Weber now has a unique opportunity to learn the ebbs and flows of recruiting. Also, there's no contract listed, so it could very well be temp.
          Totally agree. Should be a win for everyone involved. The only potential negative I foresee is Coach Graham gets back on his feet and ready to work and has no where to go. My other take away from this week's news....Bennett has one foot out the door. Wonder how that will impact the Union program if players recruited know Bennett wants out? After all he didn't just apply for the BU job. And it's pretty easy to say now... Well the Union coach is looking elsewhere, but RPI has a coach who just arrived and also just hired an ECHL coach with lots of experience, success, and pro contacts. So come on down. We may have just what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            That does seem to fit most of the facts. There is the question of why the article disappeared.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph, any interest in outcome of Caps/Knights series?

Should the Caps win, how would DC celebrate?

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                Ralph, any interest in outcome of Caps/Knights series?

Should the Caps win, how would DC celebrate?

I am a Rangers fan, but it is easy to root against Golden Knights.
                Since I didn't listen to the game, I don't know about celebration. I am sure you will find out.

Bigger crowd than for the inauguration.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-07-2018, 11:28 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 8 June 2018. There are 120 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-08-2018, 06:12 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Weber is in the on-line directory

Charles Wesp Weber
                    Assistant Coach, Men's Hockey
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hmmm.... no western teams scheduled yet, and an obvious weekend open between us and a team we've never played before... wishful thinking, or could we finally be seeing UNO?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Since I didn't listen to the game, I don't know about celebration. I am sure you will find out.

Why are you spreading Fake News, Ralph. The real question is will the team go to the White House. I say yes. Russians are always welcome there.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                          Why are you spreading Fake News, Ralph. The real question is will the team go to the White House. I say yes. Russians are always welcome there.
                          Devante Smith-Pelly said a day or two that he won't go. He's the only one I have heard about.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Actually, I didn't see the game either. Although I hear there was an estimate of the crowd...

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                              Actually, I didn't see the game either. Although I hear there was an estimate of the crowd...
                              As DC sports crowds go, this was pretty big.

Much better than those mid-summer crowds at Griffith to see the Sens (not the Nats).

But not as big as the New Year's Eve crowds to see the postage stamp fall at Midnight.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X