X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Um, as of 2:30 June 5, it's between Albie O'Connell and Bennett.
    From what I read on the BU thread, Bennett wasn't one. Granted, things can change.

Comment

DULUTH, Ga. – The Atlanta Gladiators announced Tuesday that Head Coach and General Manager of Hockey Operations, Chuck Weber has accepted a coaching position at a Division I NCAA School and will not return for the 2018-19 season.

“Switching to the college ranks is something I’ve been looking at for a number of years and the timing was right to make the change,” said Weber. “Not only will this be a new challenge for myself after 19 years in professional hockey but it will add a stability for me and my family which is hard to get in the pro game.” DULUTH, Ga. – The Atlanta Gladiators announced Tuesday that Head Coach and General Manager of Hockey Operations, Chuck Weber has accepted a coaching position at a Division I NCAA School and will not return for the 2018-19 season. The school in which Weber has accepted his new position at will be announced at a later date. The Gladiators are now actively searching for the franchise’s sixth Head Coach and General Manager of Hockey Operations...........http://www.atlantagladiators.com/news/?article_id=3971
      Last edited by turk181; 06-05-2018, 05:05 PM.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        DULUTH, Ga. – The Atlanta Gladiators announced Tuesday that Head Coach and General Manager of Hockey Operations, Chuck Weber has accepted a coaching position at a Division I NCAA School and will not return for the 2018-19 season.

“Switching to the college ranks is something I’ve been looking at for a number of years and the timing was right to make the change,” said Weber. “Not only will this be a new challenge for myself after 19 years in professional hockey but it will add a stability for me and my family which is hard to get in the pro game.” DULUTH, Ga. – The Atlanta Gladiators announced Tuesday that Head Coach and General Manager of Hockey Operations, Chuck Weber has accepted a coaching position at a Division I NCAA School and will not return for the 2018-19 season. The school in which Weber has accepted his new position at will be announced at a later date. The Gladiators are now actively searching for the franchise’s sixth Head Coach and General Manager of Hockey Operations...........http://www.atlantagladiators.com/news/?article_id=3971
        That is weird.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 6 June 2018. There are 122 days (4 months) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October 2018 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            From what I read on the BU thread, Bennett wasn't one. Granted, things can change.
            It's Albie according to the BU thread.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              That is weird.
              I just read an interview about Chuck Weber from April of this year. He played college hockey at U Albany (as well as soccer). He is from the Buffalo area so I imagine his desire to be closer to home is understandable. They haven't announced the school yet, but his familiarity with the area here and proximity to his hometown would make this a good fit for him. Not to mention there are not many openings in college hockey at this time of year. Although I see the head job is still open at Alaska Anchorage. If that floats your boat. The interview portrays him as a guy who is pretty passionate about coaching and a guy who struggled, academically, to be able to play in college. But he did what he had to do and so slowing his career down a bit ( and a pay cut I imagine) seems to make more sense now. He seems to be a guy who is looking for the right fit for himself and for his family. I suspect this will be a stepping stone for a few years. For me, it makes a lot more sense than my first take on it.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I still wonder, as others probably do, if this means that Nolan Graham will be unable to fulfill the duties of AC due to his injury. There can only be two paid ACs by NCAA rules.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I still wonder, as others probably do, if this means that Nolan Graham will be unable to fulfill the duties of AC due to his injury. There can only be two paid ACs by NCAA rules.
                    That's what perplexes me. I presume Nolan will be on a medical leave of absence for this season. However, even if he has connections to the area and wants a change of lifestyle, I can't imagine Weber is relocating for a temporary position. I hope and pray that this is not an indication that Nolan will be unable to continue in his chosen career on a permanent basis.

Comment

I have a different take. He's here in case the current coach is deemed to not be suitable, and Coach Smith is under pressure we don't outwardly see. Weber must be pretty homesick to leave an ECHL coaching job for an assistant role in a bottom-feeder program, in a lower profile league. Do you think he's Coach Smith's hire? Coach is also pretty prescient on twitter and I haven't seen a welcome tweet yet...

on the surface, none of this makes sense.
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

More mystery. The article linked to the tweet which I posted in post #816 was apparently removed.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-06-2018, 12:53 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            More mystery. The article linked to the tweet which I posted in post #816 was apparently removed.
                            Fake News!!!! Wonder if he is going to replace Clarksons Phil Roy?
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Was this it.............. “We are excited to have Chuck join our staff — his love for the game of hockey as well as his values and expectations are directly aligned with those of our hockey program,” said RPI coach Dave Smith in a statement. “He comes to RPI hockey with a tremendous understanding of how to develop players and people. He has been a head coach for a long time, developing players for the highest levels of professional hockey and those experiences will resonate with recruits and our current players as each of them pursues a career playing pro hockey.” https://www.uscho.com/2018/06/06/lon...at-rensselaer/
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

OK DrD, get the “skinny” on Weber....... (obviously a couple years old), The Rochester Americans announced today that the team has named Chuck Weber and Brad Tapper as the assistant coaches on Head Coach Dan Lambert’s staff. http://www.amerks.com/article/AMERKS...TANT%20COACHES

Comment

Working...
                                X