This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2018 Off-Season: The Hunt for Red October

Chase Perry not included in Red Wing’s Player Dev. Camp Roster ....... https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

TU article re Tom Reale stepping down. https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...t-13024789.php
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

This probably really belongs here.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 26 June 2018. There are 103 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks, Nolan, for the word on your recovery. It is a struggle every day. And you will get better. So many are praying, pulling for you and standing with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                TU article re Tom Reale stepping down. https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...t-13024789.php
                Thanks, Tom, for being direct. People need to be counted.

A lot of alums follow these threads and pull hard for RPI. Like many alums, I was among the first of my extended family to have the chance to go to college. Your recounting being 'Proud to Be RPI' means something to me, too. While our stories are different I think we both wear it well.

It has been hard to watch what President Jackson has been doing to the 'Tute for years. I know a number of students and staff. My form of pushing back involves standing with them. Different methods, same desired result. Two sides of the same coin. People need to be counted.

Like a number of the older alums, I remember President Grosh. RPI will have much work to do, more to recover when President Jackson one day moves on. Restoration will be hard work and I place great hope in future leaders who will call on us because we remember why we are Proud to Be RPI.

And I think we will both wear it well again.
                Last edited by fr. joe; 06-26-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Today is 27 June 2018. There are 102 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 7 October 2018 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                    Thanks, Tom, for being direct. People need to be counted.

A lot of alums follow these threads and pull hard for RPI. Like many alums, I was among the first of my extended family to have the chance to go to college. Your recounting being 'Proud to Be RPI' means something to me, too. While our stories are different I think we both wear it well.

It has been hard to watch what President Jackson has been doing to the 'Tute for years. I know a number of students and staff. My form of pushing back involves standing with them. Different methods, same desired result. Two sides of the same coin. People need to be counted.

Like a number of the older alums, I remember President Grosh. RPI will have much work to do, more to recover when President Jackson one day moves on. Restoration will be hard work and I place great hope in future leaders who will call on us because we remember why we are Proud to Be RPI.

And I think we will both wear it well again.
                    Once again, the admins sent out a blast e-mail acting like they're benevolent, allowing rushing from October 18th on. At about the point mid-terms happen, when people don't have pledging duties scheduled are too preoccupied with schoolwork to enjoy fringe social activities. The first week (or two) is the best time to campaign, because there's many great activities available. This is on the levels of a business offering something really good on a day they're closed because they have no intentions of doing it.

Not a penny until they're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Once again, the admins sent out a blast e-mail acting like they're benevolent, allowing rushing from October 18th on. At about the point mid-terms happen, when people don't have pledging duties scheduled are too preoccupied with schoolwork to enjoy fringe social activities. The first week (or two) is the best time to campaign, because there's many great activities available. This is on the levels of a business offering something really good on a day they're closed because they have no intentions of doing it.

Not a penny until they're gone.
                      I understand your dislike of the current president of RPI, but I don't understand this push back against the goings on in Greek life at the Institute.
                      If there is an uptick in dangerous and illegal activity in those "houses", than a strong response in necessary.
                      I love RPI, and I would hate to see it mentioned in the same sentences with Baylor or MSU.
                      JMO.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I understand your dislike of the current president of RPI, but I don't understand this push back against the goings on in Greek life at the Institute.
                        If there is an uptick in dangerous and illegal activity in those "houses", than a strong response in necessary.
                        I love RPI, and I would hate to see it mentioned in the same sentences with Baylor or MSU.
                        JMO.
                        If you want to find people who are just as loyal as Tom is to their alma mater, including in the form of donations to the 'tute, look no further than the Greek houses. That is one group that you don't want to tick off if you're trying to raise money. Sure, there were a couple of bad incidents, including one in my area that saw one house's charter removed. That being said, the ends cannot justify the means. What the administration is doing is destroying effectively an entire year of potential pledges. Sure, they'll claim it's only two months, but it's the best two months they have to recruit. I still remember 2006, when they wanted to bring in people from Siena to moderate the houses. This is all about enslaving control over the students. That's not changing the world, that's the destruction of American values.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Chase Perry not included in Red Wing’s Player Dev. Camp Roster ....... https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf
                          That doesn't really seem surprising to me. He was unable to become the #1 goalie at either CC or RPI, which would make his chance of making the NHL quite small. I assume that the Red Wings have evaluated him in past years.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It looks like Tom's announcement is having an effect. From the RPI Sports list. I will leave the names out.

I just read Tom Reale’s post. Not sure of his email address but if you can please pass this on to him.
                            I have informed my family trust administrator to hold in abeyance future awards to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
                            Another message

Is this about the Greek memo? I thought that they were re-evaluating the system. Is that code for eliminate fraternities? I have allocated ( not awarded yet) $500,000 to RPI through my family trust. Please provide us or direct us to more information. Thanks
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-27-2018, 09:42 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              If you want to find people who are just as loyal as Tom is to their alma mater, including in the form of donations to the 'tute, look no further than the Greek houses. That is one group that you don't want to tick off if you're trying to raise money. Sure, there were a couple of bad incidents, including one in my area that saw one house's charter removed. That being said, the ends cannot justify the means. What the administration is doing is destroying effectively an entire year of potential pledges. Sure, they'll claim it's only two months, but it's the best two months they have to recruit. I still remember 2006, when they wanted to bring in people from Siena to moderate the houses. This is all about enslaving control over the students. That's not changing the world, that's the destruction of American values.
                              How many "bad incidents" do you approve of? Is two OK, is 10 Ok at what point do we start to care about breaking the law.
                              Your American Values and mine differ greatly.
                              My America will not stand for any sexual assaults. Especially not in an institute that I hold in the highest esteem.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X